HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Speculation: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880567)

Samkow 02-20-2011 12:43 PM

2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here)
 
Just FYI, the deadline is Monday the 28th, at 3PM

Saad Panda 02-20-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palinka (Post 31084970)
Two years ago, when Filatov was the top prospect in the world, you'd have traded him for Dennis Wideman?

Two years ago, Dennis Wideman was a Norris hopeful. He had a bad year last year (in which he still netted 30 points and 6 goals), and everyone forgets what he was before that. This year he has 9 goals and 32 points, and he's right handed to boot. Oh yeah, and he's in his prime.

We can always draft another potential top 6 winger. We need help on the blueline now. If I could look up posts from 2 years ago, I would prove where I said it. There was a Boston-Columbus proposal on the mains, and I got **** then for it from some of our fans, but it looks like a reasonable deal today.

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 12:51 PM

Not sure who was willing to depart with Savard, but that kid is destroying the AHL and looks like sure keeper. Dont want to trade him. Filatov, I'm definitely okay with...not sure if Dennis Wideman is the guy though.

joshjoshjosh 02-20-2011 12:54 PM

Torres was had for a second rounder.. is someone of his caliber available?

(So long as they weren't a lazy ingrate who *****ed at the fans for not showing up to watch the team lose 21 out of 24 and was on the plane out of town before the GM hung up the phone.)

Roadman 02-20-2011 12:57 PM

Filatov was the top prospect in the world.

But that was two years ago. And now where is he? I am not anti-Niki, I actually would like to, in an ideal situation, give him additional time.

What I would like to see is improvement in the team at this point in time. And right now I think we need some help, an upgrade on the D side. I don't think the cache of young D men in Springfield is the immediate answer, it may be in the future, but more likely two years from now.

What I think we need is a strong, offensively minded, experienced Dman signed for a year or two to help get us to that point when the D guns are ready to step up. I think Dennis Wideman fits that description. Given the situation in FL he probably is available, the question is what is the price? What are we willing to give up?

I simply made some starting suggestions. Any body else have some or do you think that Wideman is a bad idea?

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadman (Post 31085862)
Filatov was the top prospect in the world.

But that was two years ago. And now where is he? I am not anti-Niki, I actually would like to, in an ideal situation, give him additional time.

What I would like to see is improvement in the team at this point in time. And right now I think we need some help, an upgrade on the D side. I don't think the cache of young D men in Springfield is the immediate answer, it may be in the future, but more likely two years from now.

What I think we need is a strong, offensively minded, experienced Dman signed for a year or two to help get us to that point when the D guns are ready to step up. I think Dennis Wideman fits that description. Given the situation in FL he probably is available, the question is what is the price? What are we willing to give up?

I simply made some starting suggestions. Any body else have some or do you think that Wideman is a bad idea?

Dont think Wideman would impact very much. Rather make a serious offer for Bogosian. If ATL wants a huge overpayment, go after Sekera, guy who can play in all situations and has serious shot from the point ;)

Matthew 02-20-2011 01:06 PM

Atlanta doesn't seem to have a problem taking in Russians, after all...

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 31086218)
Atlanta doesn't seem to have a problem taking in Russians, after all...

Yea kinda my point. If Howson hasnt offered Filatov + for Bogosian, he needs to get right on that. They have that up an coming rookie Burmistrov and they'd be really good together. Nikki needs a russian of offense.

Roadman 02-20-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 31086128)
Dont think Wideman would impact very much. Rather make a serious offer for Bogosian.


Disagree.

Bogo is still trying to find his way. Wideman is already there, on pace this year for 82 games 12-32 44. He would easily be our most offensive blueliner. Is the top end equal? No of course not. But we need effective for this year and next.

Atl has all ready turned downed 2 Firsts and a prospect. Just have got to think that Wideman is a better deal for the assets it would take.

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadman (Post 31086431)
Disagree.

Bogo is still trying to find his way. Wideman is already there, on pace this year for 82 games 12-32 44. He would easily be our most offensive blueliner. Is the top end equal? No of course not. But we need effective for this year and next.

Atl has all ready turned downed 2 Firsts and a prospect. Just have got to think that Wideman is a better deal for the assets it would take.

That was reported a year ago...when his value was still there. Porty tweeted that their is a 98 percent chance Howson makes a move before the deadline :handclap:

Saad Panda 02-20-2011 01:18 PM

Atlanta doesn't want to give up Bogosian for a question mark like Filatov. Even if we added Klesla or something, I would personally rather hang onto a kid like Bogo. You have to put yourself in the other team's shoes. Howson really wanted Bogosian at the draft so I'm sure he's kicked the tires.

Wideman brings production. That's what I think we all want to see Nik dealt for, if it comes to that. The kid isn't cutting it in the AHL even, and I'm sick of hearing about potential. We need production from the blueline, and if Filatov can get us that, DEAL HIM. Draft Tyler Biggs or Bartschi or Rattie to replace him.

Roadman 02-20-2011 01:33 PM

Filatov & Mayorov ? Since they seem to form a good working pair.

blahblah 02-20-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 31086128)
Rather make a serious offer for Bogosian..... go after Sekera

Why don't you save us the trouble and signature your obsessions.

Saad Panda 02-20-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 31087161)
Why don't you save us the trouble and signature your obsessions.

The Ryan Murphy portion of it would take up all of the space.


:sarcasm: because no one gets a joke without it.

punk_o_holic 02-20-2011 01:45 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned(although it was mentioned in the main trade boards so might have seen it), Atlanta was rumoured to reject 2 first and a prospects for Bogosian. Now we don't know what team it was, it could have been a good team which will result in a not so great 1st rounders. Any chance it was us? Prospect could have been Filatov so Filatov plus 2 first rounders would seem like a over payment right? Would you rather offer 1 first and Voracek?

Saad Panda 02-20-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_o_holic (Post 31087397)
Would you rather offer 1 first and Voracek?

God no.

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 31087161)
Why don't you save us the trouble and signature your obsessions.

Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet I guess?

pete goegan 02-20-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 31087888)
Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet I guess?

Not when you've been so successful at creating an image of sincere obsession!

EDM 02-20-2011 03:13 PM

Filatov for Bogosian straight up, 2008 bust for 2008 bust.

EDM 02-20-2011 03:18 PM

Well, if Howson does make a move, I hope it is not to move Hedja. Even if we got a prime pick for him, trading him would significantly weaken an already marginal group of dmen. He would not cost that much to re-sign. His family desperately wants to stay in Columbus.

Roadman 02-20-2011 03:26 PM

We need to strengthen the D core not weaken it. We need roster players better than the ones we have now.... not picks, not prospects, not projects.

Fred Glover 02-20-2011 03:30 PM

I'd be in favor of trading picks this year in what some are calling a weak draft. My rationale is this: if it is a weaker draft, then the risk would be significantly less for the Jackets. I would NOT be in favor of trading picks in what would be considered a strong draft, as there would be more prospects to choose from

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete goegan (Post 31089787)
Not when you've been so successful at creating an image of sincere obsession!

Hardly

Gagnefan924 02-20-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Glover (Post 31090600)
I'd be in favor of trading picks this year in what some are calling a weak draft. My rationale is this: if it is a weaker draft, then the risk would be significantly less for the Jackets. I would NOT be in favor of trading picks in what would be considered a strong draft, as there would be more prospects to choose from

But this draft isnt weak for 8908543905843985430589349043980348543 time.

Fro 02-20-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 31091178)
Hardly

ummmm yes, you have...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 31091205)
But this draft isnt weak for 8908543905843985430589349043980348543 time.

you are about the only person i've seen say it isn't a weak draft...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.