HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Loktionov assigned to Manchester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880611)

GR81 02-20-2011 02:29 PM

Loktionov assigned to Manchester

You've got to be kidding me....

http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/news.php?nid=3925

I guess Sturm's coming off IR.

LombardiTool 02-20-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR81 (Post 31088879)
You've got to be kidding me....

http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/news.php?nid=3925

I guess Sturm's coming off IR.

It was the only option we had that would not put us in jeopardy of losing an asset for nothing. Lotki played well and is close but there were a few things Murray want him to work on. I am fairly certain he will be a regular next season. He is close.

Shellz 02-20-2011 02:31 PM

It was going to happen. Nobody should be surprised.

Fat Elvis 02-20-2011 02:33 PM

Not surprised, but LA just got worse.

KINGS17 02-20-2011 02:35 PM

This is what happens when an organization has depth to it.

He will be back.

SFKingshomer 02-20-2011 02:35 PM

Good move, although it sucks for the kid, he has things to work on and he makes Manchester a threat to win it all.

JDM 02-20-2011 02:36 PM

Well duh, more important that we worry about losing drewiske who isn't going to see a game.anytime soon than ice the best team.

Kings just got worse.

Reaper45 02-20-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DP (Post 31089020)
Not surprised, but LA just got worse.

Got worse? I'm not buying it.

Sturm has 8 points in 15 games. Loki has 7 in 19.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 02-20-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 31089161)

Loktionov was also playing LW during most of those games . .

Telos 02-20-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 31088964)
It was going to happen. Nobody should be surprised.

Bingo. Once he ended up in the doghouse and Murray buried him, there was no coming back. Hopefully Sturm can hit the ground running.

null33 02-20-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 31089116)
Well duh, more important that we worry about losing drewiske who isn't going to see a game.anytime soon than ice the best team.

Kings just got worse.

Drewiske is injury insurance. Ask a Canuck how valuable it is.

Kingjordan 02-20-2011 02:43 PM

There has to be a trade coming right???

willie 02-20-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 31089161)

While Loki may not necessarily be an upgrade over Sturm, he is most certainly an upgrade over some of the other guys on the roster. For a team almost completely bereft of any offensive creativity, they just sent down one of their only creative forwards. The kid was clearly improving and it will be very disappointing if they don't find a way to get him back into the lineup later on this year.

Nobody should be surprised but I can't see how anyone can be pleased, either. Hopefully we can trim some fat up front at the deadline and reopen a roster spot for him while also adding another skilled forward.

Reaper45 02-20-2011 02:50 PM

He'll be back when the rosters are expanded. Sturm, Poni, Zues and potentially Williams will all be gone next year. He will have a spot. And likely Moller as well.

LombardiTool 02-20-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingjordan (Post 31089334)
There has to be a trade coming right???

Ah yes... every roster move is obviously a chess piece being moved in a trade at this time of year. He went down because Sturm is ready.

This must have happened yesterday or late last night because Lotki is in the line-up for the Monarchs right now. First period just ended.

KINGS17 02-20-2011 02:58 PM

Consider this, with Loktionov being a healthy scratch in the last game and the Kings heading home from back East and not playing again for a few days, they may have just dropped Loktionov off to play a game with the Monarchs to give them a boost.

Cook24 02-20-2011 03:02 PM

This was the obvious choice. Loktionov isn't big enough yet to handle the physical play leading up to and during the playoffs. I thought he played extremely well though, looking forward to seeing him next season.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Parse is back in a few weeks or so. Bye bye Harrold/Drewiske? Or conditioning stint in Manchester for Parse?

DAkings20 02-20-2011 03:26 PM

Knew he would be the one sent down. Still ********.

outofrange 02-20-2011 03:36 PM

I get why he was sent down but that doesn't change the fact that he's been more dynamic than a lot of our players. We do get worse because of this move for sure.

Right now I'm actually hoping that we get rid of guys like Poni, Zus, Drewiskei/Harrold because that would just be addition by subtraction at this point. I think a team like the Caps would offer up some good assets for Zus especially.

One other point but this is in regards to Clifford. I love the guy and think that he can become a good player but the only reason he's got a roster spot is because he plays a safe boring Terry Murray game and guys like Loktionov and Moller don't. It's almost like it's a crime if you're a skill player in this organization.

Ziggy Stardust 02-20-2011 03:50 PM

He displayed more talent and patience with the puck than any other forward over the last stretch of games where Loktionov was used at center, so naturally they send him down. Yet a sloth like Handzus (who played a piss poor game against the Islanders) gets a pass since he's an old grizzled vet who plays Terry Murray's brand of clutch and grab hockey doesn't get disciplined when he makes similar mistakes.

Albi 02-20-2011 03:50 PM

Terry Murray is officially a ****** in my book.
Man, I hate this idioticsaurus.

LombardiTool 02-20-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi (Post 31091170)
Terry Murray is officially a ****** in my book.
Man, I hate this idioticsaurus.

But you gotta love the facial expressions after the other team scores!

Ziggy Stardust 02-20-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimmondsFan (Post 31091197)
But you gotta love the facial expressions after the other team scores!

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/109...0A760B0D811297

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/108...D503D06DF22A3D

outofrange 02-20-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 31091140)
He displayed more talent and patience with the puck than any other forward over the last stretch of games where Loktionov was used at center, so naturally they send him down. Yet a sloth like Handzus (who played a piss poor game against the Islanders) gets a pass since he's an old grizzled vet who plays Terry Murray's brand of clutch and grab hockey doesn't get disciplined when he makes similar mistakes.

I'm on the brink of officially giving up until this current regime is gone. If this vet filled team under his directions misses the playoffs then it's a wasted year. What's the point of having potential forward fits in the organization when they are going to be scratched and not called up?

Lanius 02-20-2011 03:55 PM

It's somewhat annoying when a young guy gets sent down after playing well.

Brayden Schenn was ready for the next level and would've had 79 goals if he buried those pucks, then they had him with Westy playing 5 mins a night.
Oscar Moller looked very determined during his brief stay and it's clear he's the go-to guy for a winger call up, as Lokti did not make the seamless transition one would hope.
Loktionov added a different dimension to the 3rd line, that's why it stood out so much, completely different player than Zeus. They will get their chances again, i guess..

(I'm withholding my true feelings on the matter)