HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Were the Habs even at the Heritage Classic today? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880753)

AJMHABS 02-20-2011 09:25 PM

Were the Habs even at the Heritage Classic today?

Just a question, were the Habs even in Calgary? No one on the team played with heart or even tried to perform expect for Price, who had an average game and Eller, Gomez and AK played decent, but where was the rest of the team? What do you think of tonight's game?

Blind Gardien 02-20-2011 09:27 PM

No way was Price "horrible". He showed up. Alone, for the most part. I thought Gomez and AK had some jump. Sort of. In a relative sense.

Mathradio 02-20-2011 09:29 PM

This team just had its morbid sequence of games...

Whitesnake 02-20-2011 09:30 PM

I blame it on the Alumni game.....Habs alumni team lost against the Oilers back then and then won the regular game....ours won last night....

TheBuriedHab 02-20-2011 09:30 PM

We aren't going to win much on the road if The plekanec line doesn't show up. Cammy should be up with Gomez and Ak or just rearrange the top 6 all together.

AJMHABS 02-20-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 31098182)
No way was Price "horrible". He showed up. Alone, for the most part. I thought Gomez and AK had some jump. Sort of. In a relative sense.

Ok, you're about Price, but not so sure about AK46 and SG. BTW do you think the Habs need to make a move to help them out of their slump?

mlajeunesse91 02-20-2011 09:30 PM

until we get over the 5'8 mark with half our roster, our team will continue to be S*#t. And as long as we have a zombie of a coach.

Bill McNeal 02-20-2011 09:31 PM

I'd say by and large the fanbase has the team it deserves.

FF de Mars 02-20-2011 09:31 PM

It looked like a game at the pound, with a bunch of kids. I'd rather watch the NHL, where professional athletes play. Can't wait for tuesday. You don't know how much you miss real ice until you play the Heritage Game.

Stradale 02-20-2011 09:31 PM

I almost fell off my chair when I heard Brunet say that captain Gionta has 1 assist in his last 31 games (now 32)!

Holy ****!

Mister Potato 02-20-2011 09:32 PM

I blame the ugly mask.

AJMHABS 02-20-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab (Post 31098258)
We aren't going to win much on the road if The plekanec line doesn't show up. Cammy should be up with Gomez and Ak or just rearrange the top 6 all together.

True, because whenever Pleks, Gio and Pacio play to their best, the Habs are a much team.

Krnage 02-20-2011 09:32 PM

we have seen enough of gomez...please get rid of him:help:

RE-HABS 02-20-2011 09:32 PM

Price wasn't the problem, the problem were the odd man rushes and the Habs not being able to capitalize on any of their shots or creating any traffic in front of Kipper.

Best Hab in my opinion was Eller, he looked good again.

Miller Time 02-20-2011 09:32 PM

Eller was good
Gomez was good

Pleks, white, subban, price were average

Rest of the team was were bad

Except gill and wiz who were Terrible... I hope it's injury related

kassian 02-20-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlajeunesse91 (Post 31098276)
until we get over the 5'8 mark with half our roster, our team will continue to be S*#t. And as long as we have a zombie of a coach.

It's funny how people state that we don't need toughness and size on the team as long as we win games.

We do win games, now, don't we? :shakehead

Not only does this team get intimidated and embarrassed by being outhit, outfought and bullied in tough games, but we also lose in dramatic fashions.

Bobby G 02-20-2011 09:34 PM

Pathetic span of two weeks, vancouver should be fun...

HarlemsFinest 02-20-2011 09:35 PM

i stop tormenting myself after the 2nd, but the good i saw was cammy, price, some eller aaaaand that's about it.

ice was too **** for finesse and speed. we were forced to play dump in and have our midgets get crushed. we couldn't play the way we need to play to win. we were forced to play the game their way. this was a grinder's game where the hacks skills come into play and finesse takes a back seat because it's impossible.

Scotianhab 02-20-2011 09:36 PM

The Habs players, who didn't have a chance to improve their golf games very much last summer due to their run to the eastern final, held a team meeting after New Years. They've decided that they couldn't afford to let the Leafs embarass them on the green this summer again, so they've decided to be all done with hockey by mid-April, thus enabling them the same amount of time on the green as their rivals.

Seriously though it's starting to get frustrating watching this team right now. There should be drive and determination in their game but there is nothing. Both the Flames & Devils made a management change and have been the 2 hottest teams since.

Blind Gardien 02-20-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halstill (Post 31098267)
Ok, you're about Price, but not so sure about AK46 and SG. BTW do you think the Habs need to make a move to help them out of their slump?

Make a move, don't make a move, change the lines, don't, who knows. Any or none of those could be "the solution". So I don't think they "need" to do any of them. There certainly shouldn't be any panic here. It was a gimmick game, and we had some guys shaking off rust. Wait and see. We have a bit of slack.

Whitesnake 02-20-2011 09:37 PM

So most people think Eller was amongst the best player. If so, is Jacques Martin stupid? Less than 10 minutes of icetime....and don't answer....I have my own...

Dekar 02-20-2011 09:38 PM

That was a lazy, lazy game by all Canadiens skaters involved. As difficult as it was to get the puck to settle down and move with it, they couldn't keep it in the zone, they couldn't get quality shots to the net, and Calgary was putting a maze of bodies and sticks out there, whereas Montreal's defence were doing their best swiss cheese impression.

They're tired, they're hurt, they're worn out, and it's making them look even worse by not trying with what they've got. I can't wait until this slump is over and we finally have some stability on our roster.

Patrice Brisebois 02-20-2011 09:39 PM

Was excited for this game all year, and it turned out to be a huge waste of my time. I'll make up for it by not watching the game against Vancouver I guess

patsbury 02-20-2011 09:39 PM

Boring game, I'm glad I decided to get drunk watching it. Watch out in Vancouver thusday, we will lose badly and it won't be funny at all.

stubbadub 02-20-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlajeunesse91 (Post 31098276)

Well when we get a coach who is over 5'9 himself we'll probably ride out this strategy because small man syndrome will prevail like in the Napoleonic era.