HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Eklund trade rumour thread v4.0: 'Dude where's my trade' edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880906)

overlords 02-21-2011 11:00 AM

Eklund trade rumour thread v4.0: 'Dude where's my trade' edition

continue here

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=856529

JGRB 02-21-2011 11:03 AM

We should trade just for the sake of making a trade.

This team needs more Paul Mara's.

Habs 02-21-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 31106630)
We should trade just for the sake of making a trade.

This team needs more Paul Mara's.

Do we have any 5th round picks left, or has Sam Pollock used them all up? Those 5th's are like gold I tell you, very powerful indeed... :p:

Look out world, here we come.

Habs 4 Life 02-21-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yianik (Post 31106446)
I don't know if it was on Spectors or TheFourthPeriod, but there was a rumour Dallas was willing to part with James Neal for a young D-man. Maybe a deal from the Habs including Weber ? If they would take Andrei too that would be good. We'd have a good, big , physical (unlike Penner) guy who can score 25 goals. Thoughts .

Rumours are with the Penguins for Goligoski, would be better for Dallas then Weber, not even close for them

overlords 02-21-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 31107626)
Rumours are with the Penguins for Goligoski, would be better for Dallas then Weber, not even close for them

we need a guy like neal. we should start with weber and add from there. Weber + andreik is better than goligoski alone in value. I wonder if dallas would bite.

Cammy - Pleks - Patches
Neal - Desy/gomez - gionta

yes please.

RoyBoyCoy 02-21-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 31107626)

While I won't go as far as to say Weber is better than Goligoski, I think we've all seen how far Weber's game has come. He's now a 3-zone NHLer. His defensive responsibility improved vastly since last season, I don't see that same from Goligoski. I think right now for Dallas, Goli is more attractive than Weber, but if they're looking 5 years down the road, they should consider going for Weber instead.

PricePkPatch 02-21-2011 12:35 PM

I know it's a silly question...
but why is there a tag "Elkun" to this thread? Who/what is that?

PATCHESx67 02-21-2011 12:36 PM

dallas owes us ne ways for the Ribeiro trade :laugh:

Habs 4 Life 02-21-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 31108415)

Name of the guy running the hockeybuzz website

Richiebottles 02-21-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 31108485)

Already heard of Eklund . But Elund ? Never

PricePkPatch 02-21-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 31108485)

I see. And that Eklund fella is a category of his own? :laugh:

overlords 02-21-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 31108954)

It roughly translates to ' take everything inside this thread with a very, very large grain of salt'.

JGRB 02-21-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 31108954)

He's pretty much the who's who of the Hockey Insider community, IMO.

neofury* 02-21-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 31108415)

It's the name of this dude whose a total fraud, so much so that threads with his rumors in them need to be tagged as a result. About 80% of the HF community believes he's a fraud and the other 20% are indifferent, like him or just plain don't care.

Regardless that's who he is, that guy from hockeybuzz.com who makes a living making up rumors.

It's so that the "real rumors" :sarcasm: don't get mixed in with his made up ones.

tiersen24 02-21-2011 01:16 PM

Why does everyone wants to get rid of Weber ? With the old defensive core we have ( all injured or almost ), I don't understand why people want to get rid of him...Who's going to take his place ?

Personnaly, I'd like to keep him and build around Subban-Weber-Gorges and Markov....I don't really think Weber can bring us a return that is more valuable to what he brings to the team right now....

PricePkPatch 02-21-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 31109106)
It's the name of this dude whose a total fraud, so much so that threads with his rumors in them need to be tagged as a result. About 80% of the HF community believes he's a fraud and the other 20% are indifferent, like him or just plain don't care.

I see... kinda like Don Cherry, then?

Habnot 02-21-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiersen24 (Post 31109533)
Why does everyone wants to get rid of Weber ? With the old defensive core we have ( all injured or almost ), I don't understand why people want to get rid of him...Who's going to take his place ?

Personnaly, I'd like to keep him and build around Subban-Weber-Gorges and Markov....I don't really think Weber can bring us a return that is more valuable to what he brings to the team right now....

Agreed - but it just goes to show how little valuable assets PG has to work with.

Nakamura 02-21-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 31108259)
While I won't go as far as to say Weber is better than Goligoski, I think we've all seen how far Weber's game has come. He's now a 3-zone NHLer. His defensive responsibility improved vastly since last season, I don't see that same from Goligoski. I think right now for Dallas, Goli is more attractive than Weber, but if they're looking 5 years down the road, they should consider going for Weber instead.

I agree. Weber takes quick decisions with the puck.. before he even receives the puck on his stick, he already knows where it's heading and executes once it gets there.

On the other hand, James Neal has been slumping lately. Got rid of him in my pool because he wasn't producing on Dallas' top 6. So.. who the hell knows.

FeelsLike93 02-21-2011 02:01 PM

Eklunds latest tweet... "Just heard a HIGHLY credible (and I feel very plausible) Alex Semin trade rumor.... will be blogging on it shortly"

I dont know his definition of credible but I hope this ties to the Habs

neofury* 02-21-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 31109700)
I see... kinda like Don Cherry, then?

He's like the Don Cherry of the rumor mill world, except of course Don Cherry to some people is at least credible. Even people who defend Eklund know he's a lot more miss than hit, we're talking less than 2% accuracy, maybe even less than 1%

Don Cherry might be a bigot and a moron at times, but at times he's also said some smart stuff too. Never been a fan really but I can't deny sometimes he brings up a valid point or two, probably way more often than Eklund comes out with a valid rumor.

overlords 02-21-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 (Post 31110776)
Eklunds latest tweet... "Just heard a HIGHLY credible (and I feel very plausible) Alex Semin trade rumor.... will be blogging on it shortly"

I don't think semin is the answer. Another soft goal scoring winger is not what we need. We have that in gionta and cammy already, then we ask ourselves why we can't get the puck out of our own zone or keep it in the other.

edit: and before anyone jumps on me for calling gionta 'soft', all i mean by that is he can't win a board battle consistently.

Add andrei k to that list, maybe pouliot too. See a pattern?

knuck 02-21-2011 02:08 PM

We all know how these things work out anyway. Semin couldn't score more than 25 in Montreal and everyone would hate him after a while.

Beside Gionta I can't think of any big name that hasn't disappointed in Montreal over the last 10 years

EDIT: and I don't say this with a "bash montreal at all cost" attitude. this : :( is how I feel about this

sandman08 02-21-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 31110857)
He's like the Don Cherry of the rumor mill world, except of course Don Cherry to some people is at least credible. Even people who defend Eklund know he's a lot more miss than hit, we're talking less than 2% accuracy, maybe even less than 1%

Don Cherry might be a bigot and a moron at times, but at times he's also said some smart stuff too. Never been a fan really but I can't deny sometimes he brings up a valid point or two, probably way more often than Eklund comes out with a valid rumor.

prior to cherry's wife passing away he had a lot more credibility and more toned down approach to what he said and was worth watching IMO (i mean hockey stuff in a general sense strictly and not about specific teams/players).. things like no-touch icing, hitting from behind etc etc

24Cups 02-21-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 (Post 31110776)

Washington are interested in Hemsky. This is likely what it would take to get him given what LA are said to be offering (Simmonds, another??, first rounder).

FeelsLike93 02-21-2011 02:28 PM

In my opinion it's way too hard to get a big body top 6 player that can score without giving up a lot. You need to draft those players and develop them. But I still think it's possible to get bigger in the bottom 6 without giving up too much.

The only thing I'd do at the deadline is if the oppurtunity comes up to move Kostitsyn or Gomez (if another center somehow comesback) we do it. That's it.