HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I'm coming to the Big Apple! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88097)

GoM 06-30-2004 09:29 PM

I'm coming to the Big Apple!

From Wednesday the 29th of July till Sunday the 1st, me and my dad are living the high life in NYC, going all over, plus all the musical hotspots, etc. There's no real point in asking where to go, as since we're only there for a short amount of time, we'll be seeing everything 'big' anyway...but....I'm just really excited to finally get to go to NYC.

Don't mind me :D

in the hall 06-30-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM
From Wednesday the 29th of July till Sunday the 1st, me and my dad are living the high life in NYC, going all over, plus all the musical hotspots, etc. There's no real point in asking where to go, as since we're only there for a short amount of time, we'll be seeing everything 'big' anyway...but....I'm just really excited to finally get to go to NYC.

cool enjoy :D

NYR2 07-01-2004 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM

You'll love it. Have fun. :handclap:

Balej20* 07-01-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM

Too bad you wont be able to catch a Ranger's game at the Worlds Most Famous Arena, lol. Have a great time in NYC.

NYR2 07-01-2004 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
Too bad you wont be able to catch a Ranger's game at the Worlds Most Famous Arena, lol. Have a great time in NYC.

That is too bad, but Yankees/Mets is a great choice. :D

Balej20* 07-01-2004 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
That is too bad, but Yankees/Mets is a great choice. :D

Yeah, i guess you could settle for the World Class New York Yankees instead, lol.

NYR2 07-01-2004 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
Yeah, i guess you could settle for the World Class New York Yankees instead, lol.

Nothing better. :D Except watching hockey.

Yankees are the best though. Mets suck.

DarthSather99 07-01-2004 10:37 AM

I think the garden gives tours, don't they? if your interested you might want to check it out.

303Joe 07-01-2004 12:19 PM

Make sure you do 1 thing on your visit. That is make sure you eat at Carmines :handclap: on 44th and Broadway. Hugh portions of great food make sure you get the chicken parm its the best. The place can get crowded but you shouldn;t have a problem if you there around 4 or you can ut you're name in and hang out at the bar or walk around. But make sure you go.

Skroob* 07-01-2004 12:27 PM

the garden does give tours. Pretty decent. Get to go in the Locker Rooms and stuff.

But yeah, if you want to take a nap after all teh sightseeing, go check out a baseball game.

GoM 07-01-2004 01:23 PM

Well, I believe that's the weekend of the Baltimore series...so my dad's trying to get us tickets for that (prolly end up in the Bleachers)...even though I'm not a huge baseball fan, and I don't care for the Yankees....it's Yankee freakin stadium, I gotta go ;)

Joe, thanks for the tip, I'll bring it up with him

About the Gardens...well..there's only so much you can do in one short trip ;). We'll see

Jackson Ranger 07-01-2004 01:35 PM

Kind of off topic but I have a business associate in town over this weekend and wanted to know which activities you NEW YORKERS think he should go to? :dunno: Which fireworks display should he go to? Any parades (he seems to think he saw there was one for this weekend), etc...???

Brooklyn Ranger 07-01-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM
Well, I believe that's the weekend of the Baltimore series...so my dad's trying to get us tickets for that (prolly end up in the Bleachers)...even though I'm not a huge baseball fan, and I don't care for the Yankees....it's Yankee freakin stadium, I gotta go ;)

Joe, thanks for the tip, I'll bring it up with him

About the Gardens...well..there's only so much you can do in one short trip ;). We'll see

Don't fall into the same trap as a Jackass! It's The Garden, no s.

Son of Steinbrenner 07-01-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Don't fall into the same trap as a Jackass! It's The Garden, no s.

that is actually very funny :lol :handclap: :lol

Brooklyn Ranger 07-01-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Kind of off topic but I have a business associate in town over this weekend and wanted to know which activities you NEW YORKERS think he should go to? :dunno: Which fireworks display should he go to? Any parades (he seems to think he saw there was one for this weekend), etc...???

I'm sure there's a parade somewhere in NYC, but that's not my cup of tea. The best, biggest, most amazing fireworks display (guaranteed to scare my dog half to death) is the big one on July 4th. Can't miss it--unless you're on the West Side this year!

The nicest thing about NYC on July 4th weekend is the fact that it's much less crowded than usual. There's space to walk and explore.

Have fun :cheers:

NYR2 07-01-2004 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM

Ugh, totally got my dates mixed up. Thought you meant this weekend. Anyway if you plan on going to a game, which I highly recommend ;), try and take the tour of the stadium and check out Monument Park. I'm dying to get out there.

Quote:

The best, biggest, most amazing fireworks display (guaranteed to scare my dog half to death) is the big one on July 4th.

I'm calling my vet tomorrow and asking for something to sedate two of mine because they go INSANE lol. Macy's by far does the most amazing display, I really want to go this year.

Jackson Ranger 07-01-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

I'm sure there's a parade somewhere in NYC, but that's not my cup of tea. The best, biggest, most amazing fireworks display (guaranteed to scare my dog half to death) is the big one on July 4th. Can't miss it--unless you're on the West Side this year!

The nicest thing about NYC on July 4th weekend is the fact that it's much less crowded than usual. There's space to walk and explore.

Have fun :cheers:

Thanks for the info Brook and good luck with your dog!

303Joe 07-02-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
Ugh, totally got my dates mixed up. Thought you meant this weekend. Anyway if you plan on going to a game, which I highly recommend ;), try and take the tour of the stadium and check out Monument Park. I'm dying to get out there.

I'm calling my vet tomorrow and asking for something to sedate two of mine because they go INSANE lol. Macy's by far does the most amazing display, I really want to go this year.

I already got my dog his tranquilizers for the 4th. I got the dog a few months ago hes 6 yrs old but can't handle thunder and fireworks. Sunday should be fun and to boot I got a guy who lives 2 houses away who thinks he's one of the Grucci Bros. This guys been settin of crap for the last few weeks I can only imagine what Sunday night is going to bring.

GoM 07-02-2004 12:14 PM

Tickets booked...

Bleachers for the saturday afternoon Baltimore game. No seats were available except the bleachers, but whatever...it's freakin Yankee Stadium

Also have the airline tickets, so the trip is officially from Wednesday to the Sunday

:yo:

GoM 07-27-2004 07:02 PM

Well...I leave tommorrow afternoon. Get there in the evening, in time to have a meal and get prepared for the real start to the trip on thursday

Can't wait :D

DarthSather99 07-27-2004 08:42 PM

make sure you bring some rain gear .... :(

GoM 07-27-2004 09:40 PM

Really?

That's nice...I leave rainy ol Toronto for rainy ol NYC :(

RangerBlues 07-27-2004 09:55 PM

Since your gonna be in the Bronx you can
Dinner on City Island
Bronx Zoo
Botanical Gardens
Dinner on Auther Ave
Beer and Bones at Doyles Pub
Pelham Bay or Van Cortland Park
I can go on and on forever, just go to the stadium early, sombody will have tickets for sale, ticket brokers send guys out to sell their extras, not always the best seats, but better than bleachers. I've gotten some good deals this season, Yanks have been averaging 50K a night. Drink at the bowling alley befor the game, beer inside is a ripoff.

Brooklyn Ranger 07-28-2004 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM
Really?

That's nice...I leave rainy ol Toronto for rainy ol NYC :(

The rain is supposed to let up as the day goes on--after that it's hotter weather (85+F) and humid, with occasional thunderstorms, into the weekend. Could be a lot worse.

GoM 07-28-2004 01:16 AM

Well hell....Rainy NYC > Sunny most cities, so..

Can't wait to be there...seeya all on the flip side :)