HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Claim Hagman? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=881013)

kingsfan 02-21-2011 02:22 PM

Claim Hagman?
 
Apparently Calgary waived him. He has one more year left on his contract at a $3 million cap hit. Would he be of interest to us?

My feeling is no, simply because he'd count against the cap next year and by claiming him we'd help Calgary's cap issues, but the reason I throw it out there is it is a potential opportunity to pick up some offensive depth without giving up any assets. He hasn't done well in Calgary, but in his three seasons before coming to Calgary he was consistently good for 20 goals. Any interest?

Reaper45 02-21-2011 02:23 PM

No.com

LombardiTool 02-21-2011 02:25 PM

Nyet!

scramble91 02-21-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 31113416)
No.com

helllll no. Id rather give moller a chance before hagman.

king maker 02-21-2011 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=kingsfan;31113375]Apparently Calgary waived him. He has one more year left on his contract at a $3 million cap hit. Would he be of interest to us?

My feeling is no, simply because he'd count against the cap next year and by claiming him we'd help Calgary's cap issues, but the reason I throw it out there is it is a potential opportunity to pick up some offensive depth without giving up any assets. He hasn't done well in Calgary, but in his three seasons before coming to Calgary he was consistently good for 20 goals. Any interest?[/QUOTE

Poni 2.0...minus the size.

Ziggy Stardust 02-21-2011 03:09 PM

Dumpster Diving?

kingsfan 02-21-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 31114987)
Dumpster Diving?

With maybe the rarest of exceptions, all waiver waire pickups are dumpster diving.

Butch 19 02-21-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 31115734)
With maybe the rarest of exceptions, all waiver waire pickups are dumpster diving.

rarest exception = Bryzgaloff...

kingsfan 02-21-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch 19 (Post 31125050)
rarest exception = Bryzgaloff...

Exactly, and those happen once every few years, at best. Hagman is essentially Calgary's garbage at this point, so I was curious if there was any interest in a claim, just as a possible depth scorer.

Zad 02-21-2011 10:49 PM

Claiming Hagman would be a victory for half Jews everywhere.

Hollywood 02-22-2011 12:59 AM

He may not have worked out in Calgary but the way he played in Toronto I would have rather taken him any day above Sturm. Hagman plays a somewhat physical forechecking style and he's a TRUE left winger. Whoever gets him at 1/2 price.... Will gain an asset unless he has injuries we do not know about...

The Tikkanen 02-22-2011 01:13 AM

Nah. 40 point winger.

cneil99 02-22-2011 01:14 AM

Please god no he is useless and would quickly become another whipping boy on here

Ziggy Stardust 02-22-2011 01:51 AM

With Hagman's name coming up and us talking about dumpster diving, I am suddenly reminded of the rash of LWs Dean Lombardi has brought to this roster that have failed, didn't work out or just simply did not last and gave up on.

Scott Thornton, Kyle Calder, Patrick O'Sullivan, Raitis Ivanans, Ladislav Nagy, Teddy Purcell, Matt Moulson, Fredrik Modin

We can also add Alexei Ponikarovsky and Marco Sturm to that list as they surely will be gone and long forgotten after this season. The only LWs who have lasted to some degree have been Ryan Smyth and Brad Richardson. I'm sure Kyle Clifford will last with this team as well, but that is quite a rotation of left wingers to go through in a matter of years.

kingsfan 02-22-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 31130786)
With Hagman's name coming up and us talking about dumpster diving, I am suddenly reminded of the rash of LWs Dean Lombardi has brought to this roster that have failed, didn't work out or just simply did not last and gave up on.

Scott Thornton, Kyle Calder, Patrick O'Sullivan, Raitis Ivanans, Ladislav Nagy, Teddy Purcell, Matt Moulson, Fredrik Modin

We can also add Alexei Ponikarovsky and Marco Sturm to that list as they surely will be gone and long forgotten after this season. The only LWs who have lasted to some degree have been Ryan Smyth and Brad Richardson. I'm sure Kyle Clifford will last with this team as well, but that is quite a rotation of left wingers to go through in a matter of years.

Not really arguing your point, but Ivanans was brought in for a reason, just like Westgarth and for most teams, those types of players don't stick around for more than a season or two. You do have some guys, like Parros for example, but typically 2-3 years is the maximum for an enforcer in one spot and Ivanans actually had four. I'd say four years in one spot is "lasted to some degree."

Modin meanwhile was a rental and when we got him, everyone knew he was here for the stretch drive and playoffs and that was it.

As well, if you want to include Moulson, likely should include every winger we've had on Manchester who left over the years as well, since that's where he spent the bulk of his time.

Shellz 02-22-2011 11:14 AM

Annnnnd he clears.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.