HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dreger: Brad Richards on the block? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=881878)

ranold26 02-23-2011 11:19 AM

Brad Richards on the block?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

Quote:

Sources say Dallas Stars general manager Joe Nieuwendyk is exploring interest in Brad Richards.

The New York Rangers are believed to be among as many as six teams who have recently discussed the star centre's potential availability.

This news doesn't mean Nieuwendyk has decided to trade Richards, who remains sidelined with concussion symptoms, but given the Stars' five-game losing skid and drop to 11th in the conference, trading Richards has become a strong possibility.

The Stars will face the Red Wings in Detroit on Thursday before hosting the Nashville Predators on Saturday.

The outcome of these two games could have significant impact on Nieuwendyk's decision.

On Tuesday, Nieuwendyk said it was "possible" Richards could resume skating in the next few days.

bobbyflex 02-23-2011 11:19 AM

makes sense if they can't sign him

BLAME CANADA* 02-23-2011 12:12 PM

Be cool to see what he brings back, it'll be huge!.

BigTuna49 02-23-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob (Post 31167560)
Be cool to see what he brings back, it'll be huge!.

I'm thinking it'll be slightly more then Kovalchuk.

ranold26 02-23-2011 12:30 PM

Nieuwy was on NHLLive and basically confirmed he is listening to offers.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-23-2011 12:35 PM

Buke needs o get in on this if True we need a #1 C for Kessel to play with and he can man the point on the PP as well. ichards would be a HUGE peice

MoreMogilny 02-23-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 31168209)
Buke needs o get in on this if True we need a #1 C for Kessel to play with and he can man the point on the PP as well. ichards would be a HUGE peice

Will Richards really waive for a team that has slim playoff hopes at best?

Mr Sakich 02-23-2011 12:41 PM

is anyone else afraid of giving up a lot of assets to aquire a short term rental still out with a concussion? He was supposed to skate on Monday but did not. Now, he is quoted as saying "there is no timetable" as to when he starts to skate.

It would be different if he had 5 years left on his contract but you are only buying his rights for the next couple of months. He might not be 100% during that period.

Sony Eriksson* 02-23-2011 12:42 PM

So what would the Rangers give up?

Del Zotto, Stepan and a pick?

Dubinsky, Anisimov and a pick?

birddog* 02-23-2011 12:42 PM

Don't Burke, don't. You don't have the assets and this team isn't ready. If Richards wants to play here; the only way he finds his way is through UFA.

Cin 02-23-2011 12:44 PM

He won't waive for Toronto anyways.

birddog* 02-23-2011 12:45 PM

So much for all the Dallas fans that said he would never be traded. Reminds me of the Bruins fans that said Kaberle was **** and how they would never give up Colborne, let alone him and a 1st and 2nd.

My how the tunes change.

Ambassador Of Fun 02-23-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birddog (Post 31168490)
So much for all the Dallas fans that said he would never be traded. Reminds me of the Bruins fans that said Kaberle was **** and how they would never give up Colborne, let alone him and a 1st and 2nd.

My how the tunes change.

We always prefaced everything by saying "if we aren't in the playoffs" when discussing Richards.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-23-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 31168367)
Will Richards really waive for a team that has slim playoff hopes at best?

we got a lot of good young playes brining in a legit star like Richads would REALLY make that forward goup solid once we signed him.

Lupul-Richards-Kessel

Kuliemin-Grabvoski-Macarthur

I would like to aquire a penner type player or the 1st kine to replace Lupul But Richards would make us Legit

MGorgon 02-23-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson (Post 31168403)

Brad Richards is good, but he's not THAT good. That would gut their team for a rental :help:

Beukeboom Fan 02-23-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

It might just be me - but both of those seem to be a TON of value compared to the IK deal last year. I'd think it would be one of guys you mention (Stepan/Ansimov/MDZ) + 1st + good prospect (not listed above or Kreider).

vezna* 02-23-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 31168209)

oh god shut up. have you even considered what it's going to take for dallas to give him away?

azrok22 02-23-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Nieuwendyk was asked on NHL Live ! about possibly trading Richards: ``I've discussed it with some teams. All options are in play here. It's certainly not my first choice, I've maintained all along that we'd like to keep Brad as a Dallas Star for a long period of time. There's a lot of uncertainty with our side as far as ownership that are a concern for them. But, all options are open. It's certainly going to have to be a good type of deal in order to pry him away from us because we are sitting tied for eighth right now and have a lot of home games coming up in March."
http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/Real_ESPNLeBrun/~AcGKI

bobbyflex 02-23-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vezna (Post 31168721)
oh god shut up. have you even considered what it's going to take for dallas to give him away?

most leaf fans don't want Richards any more. he's 31, likely looking for a long-term contract (until he retires), and just suffered a concussion to boot.

they've turned their sights to Paul Stastny instead :naughty:

dannyboy8920 02-23-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cin (Post 31168472)
He won't waive for Toronto anyways.

Yeah i wouldnt either.

You know, a rich team who has added young prospects and look to be going in the right direction is horrible for a UFA. If he plays well....signs a huge contract. He wont be set for life. cause you know, the leafs dont have fans and once you retire there is no opportunities for big time jobs; using your NHL fame. would be a horrible career move.

MoreMogilny 02-23-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 31168820)
most leaf fans don't want Richards any more. he's 31, likely looking for a long-term contract (until he retires), and just suffered a concussion to boot.

they've turned their sights to Paul Stastny instead :naughty:

I only want the Leafs to get Richards if he comes as a free agent. Otherwise, it isn't worth it.

Fitzy 02-23-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Neither of your ideas work, because neither Dubinsky nor Stepan will be traded.

Anisimov or Del Zotto? perhaps.

vezna* 02-23-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 31168905)
Yeah i wouldnt either.

You know, a rich team who has added young prospects and look to be going in the right direction is horrible for a UFA. If he plays well....signs a huge contract. He wont be set for life. cause you know, the leafs dont have fans and once you retire there is no opportunities for big time jobs; using your NHL fame. would be a horrible career move.

you think the leafs is the only team that offers that opportunity?

other teams that are actual playoff contenders will be willing to toss brad richards the same contract the leafs will

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 02-23-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birddog (Post 31168490)

My how the tunes change.

Because exploring offers means they will trade him right?

We've never said he would never be traded, but he won't be traded for something other than a large package, because its no problem to keep him and sign him. People seem to think you can't resign a player after the deadline.

Habs 4 Life 02-23-2011 01:05 PM

If the Stars have offered him a contract extension which he has turned down well they are better off moving him