HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Zherdev Lovers, Report for Duty (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=882364)

Jester 02-24-2011 11:17 AM

Zherdev Lovers, Report for Duty

I'm sure this will get squashed into the general thread when it gets announced, but McKenzie has reported on twitter that the only player claimed was Svatos.

That means Zherdev was free for the taking on a one-year deal (with only 400K remaining or whatever) and not a single team in the league wanted him. Still think he's oh-so-great?

Jimmy Villa 02-24-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 31191449)
I'm sure this will get squashed into the general thread when it gets announced, but McKenzie has reported on twitter that the only player claimed was Svatos.

That means Zherdev was free for the taking on a one-year deal (with only 400K remaining or whatever) and not a single team in the league wanted him. Still think he's oh-so-great?

:laugh::laugh:

If this is the case, what happens next? Seems he's burnt his bridges with the Flyers, we sending him to Adirondack? Or to Russia on loan?

bennysflyers16 02-24-2011 11:30 AM

I am more a defender, and I was wrong !

Kovalev just got traded for a 7th rounder, so there is zero market for lazy Russians !!

McNasty 02-24-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa (Post 31191639)
:laugh::laugh:

If this is the case, what happens next? Seems he's burnt his bridges with the Flyers, we sending him to Adirondack? Or to Russia on loan?

I can see them saying look nobody wants you, you can come in and work or you can go to the AHL. Frankly if this motivates him enough (doubtful) it could be very beneficial.

HoverCarle* 02-24-2011 11:38 AM

For whatever reasons, I think he stays a Flyer rather than a phantom

Mr Oysterhead 02-24-2011 11:38 AM

**** Yeah! I'm with Niko!!! Oh... wait. He didn't get claimed??? Noooooooooo!

phillyfanatic 02-24-2011 11:40 AM

Who are you calling out exactly? From everything I read, most people agree on Zherdev. Tremendous talent, good goal scorer are the pros. Terrible work ethic, disappears for long stretches in games and does not do the things necessary to play in Lavy system are the cons.

Was he worth the risk? I think so. Should they have waived him? Absolutely, from Tim P's article - he was a pure cancer at this point. Am I surprised nobody claimed him? A little, but that may change if we waive him again closer to the deadline when "other options" for teams are taken away.

I for one can't stand Zherdev, back to Russia would be my vote! I'm just wondering who the "Zherdev lovers" you speak of are?

sa cyred 02-24-2011 11:40 AM

Where's vera? I would LOVE to hear him comment on this.

phillyfanatic 02-24-2011 11:43 AM

OK - I see the discussion in another thread.

Ex Storm 02-24-2011 11:43 AM

Awesome.

Jester 02-24-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfanatic (Post 31192336)
Who are you calling out exactly? From everything I read, most people agree on Zherdev. Tremendous talent, good goal scorer are the pros. Terrible work ethic, disappears for long stretches in games and does not do the things necessary to play in Lavy system are the cons.

Was he worth the risk? I think so. Should they have waived him? Absolutely, from Tim P's article - he was a pure cancer at this point. Am I surprised nobody claimed him? A little, but that may change if we waive him again closer to the deadline when "other options" for teams are taken away.

I for one can't stand Zherdev, back to Russia would be my vote! I'm just wondering who the "Zherdev lovers" you speak of are?

Seriously?

FreshPerspective 02-24-2011 11:47 AM

Frankly I don't want this hemorrhoid on this team anymore...he'll reform himself for a week and then fall back in his ways. He doesn't fit in..period. Nobody wants him yet we went after the guy in the first place and now we may keep him on. Banish him to the AHL and if he refuses null and void his contract...eff this lazy @ss! :rant:

OriginJM 02-24-2011 11:50 AM

I'll repost what I said in the other thread.

Quote:

Haha, suck it Zherdev. I hope 1 of these two things comes from this:

1.) He gets it now. He understands that not a SINGLE team in the NHL wants him anymore, and he plays like a team mate and stops acting like a 4 year old. He comes to practice, works real hard and does everything he can to put the puck in the net and keep it out of his own.

or...

2.) He gets sent to the AHL, doesn't report, get's suspended and released and spends the rest of his life regretting that he pissed away the chance to be a star in the NHL because he wanted things his way.

Your move Z.

Snipsnap12 02-24-2011 11:53 AM

I am not a zherdev supporter at all... im a little surprised someone didnt take a chance, pens could have had him for nothing but trade for kovalev for a 7th... that doesnt really make sense to me as they are both very much the same player, with kovalev being even less physical, more lazy, doesnt even know what defense means, and its very slow now,

anyway keep zherdev with the team as a scratch for just incase situations

i am dave 02-24-2011 11:54 AM

Hope the Flyers assign him to ADK, and he refuses to report. Boom. Free money!

nevermore 02-24-2011 11:56 AM

Not a zherdev lover, but boy was I wrong. :laugh:

DrHamburg 02-24-2011 11:57 AM

I really wasn't a fan of Zherdev but I am kinda shocked he didn't get picked up.

BernieParent 02-24-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 (Post 31192860)
I am not a zherdev supporter at all... im a little surprised someone didnt take a chance, pens could have had him for nothing but trade for kovalev for a 7th... that doesnt really make sense to me as they are both very much the same player, with kovalev being even less physical, more lazy, doesnt even know what defense means, and its very slow now,

anyway keep zherdev with the team as a scratch for just incase situations

Plus, Kovalev is a good bit more expensive than Z. Then again, when you have $17 mil parked in LTIR on just 2 players, you can spend a little. Kovalev has picked it up over the past few games, whereas Z may have trouble remembering how to lace up his skates. Plus, Kovalev has a history with the Penguins.

ForsbergIsOdin 02-24-2011 12:07 PM

Zherdev hater from Day one.

**** off commie.

FlyerGuy18 02-24-2011 12:09 PM

Panotch tweeted that he took part in today's morning skate.....

decadentia 02-24-2011 12:10 PM

http://johngaltfla.com/blog3/wp-cont...ld-you-so1.jpg

Im sorry, but is this not absolutely perfect? lol

BernieParent 02-24-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decadentia (Post 31193401)
http://johngaltfla.com/blog3/wp-cont...ld-you-so1.jpg

Im sorry, but is this not absolutely perfect? lol

No fair, decadentia. If we can't have our avatars back, neither can Jester.

Colour me surprised that nobody at all took a chance on a rate-reduced, no-asset-relinquishing Zherdev as an offensive spark. I was neutral about him being on the team, thought from an on-ice POV that he could have been used more, and am mildly disappointed it didn't work out.

tytech 02-24-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 (Post 31193391)
Panotch tweeted that he took part in today's morning skate.....

COME AGAIN? HE WHAT? :rant:

Juicy Couturier* 02-24-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 31191449)

Lol, solid troll thread. I can't wait to hear the excuses.

"If Lavi would have played him people would have seen how good he is."
"He will 100% be plucked off of re-entry waivers."
"The Pens would have taken him if they didn't have the Kovy deal in place."
"Homer told every other GM in the league that he's a locker room cancer, which he isn't."
"Shelly wouldn't have been claimed either."
"This is Carter's fault, somehow."

Jester 02-24-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 31194032)
Lol, solid troll thread. I can't wait to hear the excuses.
"If Lavi would have played him people would have seen how good he is".
"He will 100% be plucked off of re-entry waivers"
"The Pens would have taken him if they didn't have the Kovy deal in place."
"Homer told every other GM in the league that he's a locker room cancer, which is isn't"
"Shelly wouldn't have been claimed either"
"This is Carter's fault, somehow"

Absolutely. And, obviously, there are a few folks in particular that should make an appearance.

Vera, where are you?