HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kovalev for a 7th? Should we have been involved? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=882448)

kingsfan 02-24-2011 11:39 AM

Kovalev for a 7th? Should we have been involved?

Not sure what to think. Kovalev is as eginmatic as it comes, likely is the definition of the word on Urban dictionary. That said, he's been a decent playoff performer and can get hot. Considering all he cost was a 7th, I'm sure DL would have had no problems matching/bettering that offer if he wanted. So was it a matter of DL/TM not wanting Kovalev, or was it Kovalev refusing to waive his NMC to come to LA? Also, would you have wanted DL to pick up Kovalev for that price?

TwoForRoughing 02-24-2011 11:40 AM

Kovalev? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :shakehead

Gentle Ben Kenobi 02-24-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 31192290)
Not sure what to think. Kovalev is as eginmatic as it comes, likely is the definition of the word on Urban dictionary. That said, he's been a decent playoff performer and can get hot. Considering all he cost was a 7th, I'm sure DL would have had no problems matching/bettering that offer if he wanted. So was it a matter of DL/TM not wanting Kovalev, or was it Kovalev refusing to waive his NMC to come to LA? Also, would you have wanted DL to pick up Kovalev for that price?

It was a conditional 7th, so it's safe to assume he was offered to every team in the league before Ottawa took such a low return

northernKing 02-24-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 31192290)

Kovalev probably preferred PITT over LA. If he produces there chances are he gets a one yr deal at a lower cap hit next season

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 02-24-2011 11:43 AM

No, would rather have the 7th . . especially with Deno's late round track record

wabwat 02-24-2011 11:48 AM

less effort would have been required of Kovalev to make a decision to waive his NTC for Pittsburgh over Los Angeles... and we ALL know Kovalev prefers the less effort angle whenever possible.

johnjm22 02-24-2011 11:50 AM

I would've taken a chance on him. He's Über skilled and always comes up big in the playoffs. I doubt he wanted to come to LA though.

Reaper45 02-24-2011 11:51 AM

Nope.com

DIEHARD the King fan 02-24-2011 12:19 PM

NOT a missed opportunity.

JDM 02-24-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabwat (Post 31192676)
less effort would have been required of Kovalev to make a decision to waive his NTC for Pittsburgh over Los Angeles... and we ALL know Kovalev prefers the less effort angle whenever possible.

lol, this.

SLang 02-24-2011 12:32 PM

NMC issue aside, enigmatic issue aside, we should have been in this considering he's a rest-of-season rental and was basically given away.

Hopefully DL was at least aware and really didn't have a choice. Otherwise it would be a crime to not at least attempt to address our offensive issues in such a low-risk way.

If the NMC issue was at the forefront, then DL never had a shot anyway.

Goallum 02-24-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabwat (Post 31192676)

He'd want to stay within the range of his flying vessel, whatever it is.

AKAY47 02-24-2011 12:46 PM

Nah man, Kovalev is ****ing garbage, they hated him over here in Ottawa and till this day no one understands why Bryan Murray signed him OR Gonchar

Telos 02-24-2011 12:56 PM

No, I am more surprised that Zherdev cleared. 3 our of his 6 NHL seasons have been 20+ goal campaigns including a maximum of 27 goals, and a maximum point total of 61 points, not to mention he is durable and plays a lot of games. Regardless of personal issues, the guy is a talented hockey player.

RAZZIE King 02-24-2011 01:04 PM

It was funny that I once offered a 5th in one of the proposals for him... Looks like the Sens knew what was best for them...:naughty:

kingsfan 02-24-2011 02:20 PM

Assuming DL could have acquired Kovalev, which is not a guarantee, then I have to assume he has something bigger/better cooked up. To not take a flyer on Kovalev or Zherdev and then not do some sort of trade to address the scoring issue makes no sense, since both Kovalev and Zherdev would have potentially done that, and at little/no cost.

kingsholygrail 02-24-2011 02:30 PM

no name 02-24-2011 05:05 PM

Kovalev is the kind of guy that could show up and play for a top flight team, and maybe put them over the top. I don't think the Kings are that team. I bet he'd be a scratch more times than not as the season dwindled.