HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bob's Audition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=882726)

Dorny12 02-24-2011 10:19 PM

Bob's Audition

In the previous 6 games Booch and Bob have started every other one, now Bob gets 2 in a row. Is this an audition before the trade deadline to decide if they need to get Vokoun?

Beef Invictus 02-24-2011 10:28 PM

We don't have 5.7 in cap space.

GKJ 02-24-2011 10:40 PM

They're not getting Vokoun

Dorny12 02-24-2011 10:43 PM

I guess I don't understand the cap rules. If we got him now I though his pro-rated salary (1.39M) would count against the cap. We'd have to trade somebody (cap $) to get him plus capgeeks says we have more than enough now. I get the feeling Holmgren & Co. are pushing "All In" this year.

dats81 02-25-2011 08:36 AM

No audition

Bob gets two in a row because Boosh got hurt in the Rangers game and still feels some stiffnes in his neck.
All cheap rentals are long gone: Roloson, Anderson, ... I doubt they target Vokoun cause they have nothing valuable left to make this trade happen and cap space may also still be a major obstacle.

Spongolium* 02-25-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdornberger (Post 31212041)
I guess I don't understand the cap rules. If we got him now I though his pro-rated salary (1.39M) would count against the cap. We'd have to trade somebody (cap $) to get him plus capgeeks says we have more than enough now. I get the feeling Holmgren & Co. are pushing "All In" this year.

Yes you're right with the first statement. You do not know the rules. If the flyers want to take on any players this year at the deadline, then they MUST be able to fit the ENTIRE salary under the cap. This is due to the flyers have players on IR.

We are not getting vokoun. Simple as, We cannot take on 5.7 million

Damaged Goods 02-25-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

That "cap space" you see is pro-rated too. Because of some extra LTIR room, the Flyers can take on roughly $600,000 the rest of the way. Vokoun is still owed $1.4 million. The Flyers would have to move an extra $800K in remaining salary, which is over $3 million in cap hit(s).

phillyfanatic 02-25-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Check out capgeek.com - the last column shows the "max cap hit" we can afford this year. Currently, we can add a player making $2,377,477. In order to fit Vokoun, we would have to send Versteeg and Carcillo to Florida (as an example).

dingbathero 02-25-2011 09:43 AM

BOB is NOT auditioning, he ALREADY got the role!