HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Poll: Boosh or Bob (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=882942)

Dorny12 02-25-2011 11:11 AM

Poll: Boosh or Bob

If the playoffs started tomorrow would you play: Boucher, Bobrovsky or rotate?

#1 - Boosh
#2 - Bob
#3 - Rotation

CptCannon 02-25-2011 11:21 AM

Rotation.

CdnFlyersFan 02-25-2011 11:26 AM

I voted Boosh....after reading the "Boosh has edge" article....it seems as if the D in front have a little more confidence in Boosh...as it relates to handing the puck....this may or may not carry over to other aspects of the game?? Also, Bob is a rookie who has not seen NHL postseason....
Of course I would rather see Vokoun or Bryzgalov....if either could happen.

infidelappel* 02-25-2011 11:46 AM

I voted rotation.

I think goaltending will get done by committee depending on 1) how well one or the other can get going and 2) the style of teams they're facing.

Justified 02-25-2011 12:07 PM

rotation.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-25-2011 12:09 PM

I'd tab Boosh as the starter, I just wouldn't tell him. If they make their run this year it wouldn't surprise me to see a reincarnation of the Carolina situation with Lavy at the helm again.

decadentia 02-25-2011 12:21 PM

I honestly wish we hadve gone for a goalie somehow, i'd be willing to give a little to get someone like Bryz or Vokoun.

Back on topic, i'd go with Boucher at this point, I found the Timonen quote to be a bit surprising.

DrinkFightFlyers 02-25-2011 12:22 PM

Rotate 'em and ride the hot hand.

zarley zelepukin 02-25-2011 01:05 PM

Boosh has been playing a little better the last few games for each guy, so it's got to be him right now. But I'm still hoping by the time the playoffs actually come around that Bob takes control.

infidelappel* 02-25-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decadentia (Post 31222496)
I honestly wish we hadve gone for a goalie somehow, i'd be willing to give a little to get someone like Bryz or Vokoun.

Back on topic, i'd go with Boucher at this point, I found the Timonen quote to be a bit surprising.

Wishful thinking. There's no giving a "little" to get either of those, unfortunately.

97FlyersKing18 02-25-2011 02:08 PM

I voted Boosh, if the Playoffs started today. Brian played well in the playoffs last year (stone walled the Devils last season) and I feel that the team has confidence with him just because he is a veteran. However, it is a flip when compared to last year, when the team seemed to play way better in front of Leighton than in front of Boosh.

I think a rotation would not be a viable option, give either goalie the reigns in the playoffs and if it gets to 0-2 or 1-3 in a series and the goalie made major mistakes, switch them up.

In short, I trust Lav's decision and this team can win a Stanley Cup with either Bob or Boosh.

Orange Crush 89 02-25-2011 02:13 PM

Who the hell is Booch?

Flyotes 02-25-2011 07:22 PM

I really like Bob, but Boucher is playing just as well, has playoff experience, and lets in headturners less.

Sometimes it seems like Bob has to let 1 or 2 in before he stands on his head. Sometimes he's just wobbly in net.

Tommy D 02-25-2011 08:02 PM

This pair scares the c@ap out of me. Whats worse is when Boosh was flapping all over the ice <Vs the NYR> I thought, "OMG we are but 1 injury of Mikey tending goal for us again".

SolidSnakeUS 02-25-2011 08:22 PM

I'd definitely start Boosh for his expertise, but honestly, I think you should ride the hot hand.

dingbathero 02-25-2011 08:26 PM

I think now Bob looks a little unsettled. that to me would make Boosh the starter, but if he has a bad 2 periods... put Bob in.

Beef Invictus 02-25-2011 08:50 PM

Rotation, but start it with Boosh. Change only if needed.

StandingCow 02-25-2011 09:15 PM

I went with boosh, but I like the rotation better...

Rotation with a bit more boosh, bob is still a rookie.

Sawdalite 02-26-2011 12:31 AM

I'd go with Boosh feeling that Bob is still on a learning curve and doesn't give the Flyers the best chance a this point; Bob being goalie of the future... That said, there is something to the thought that it probably would be easier for Boosh to come in for Bob if need than the other way around.

I heard Goalie Coach Reese tell the the Fan Club that while it is not the norm, here is nothing that says they cannot use both in the Postseason as they see fits the situation... I do know that Boosh is used over Bob more with teams dump the puck in, due to Bob still learning how to handle the puck... since he didn't need to do so very much in the KHL.

Dorny12 02-28-2011 06:04 PM

Wow, I thought there were more Bob fans out there thought I do think whoever starts will have a fairly quick hook.

Flukeshot 02-28-2011 06:14 PM

Rotation never sounds like a good idea during the playoffs. But that's what these guys have been used to all year, so why change what's working. Could take the pressure off of the 2 of them, so they don't get the feeling "it all depends on me".

DeadPhish5858 02-28-2011 06:22 PM

I'd take Boosh. Bob is still going through his rookie growing pains.

Chicken Chaser 02-28-2011 06:28 PM

voted boosh, not because I necessarily think he's better, but I trust him more in a post season environment with teams that will crash his crease hard and also directing traffic behind the net on dump ins when teams are also forechecking with extra gusto that comes with playoff hockey — do not want to see Kimmo taking extra big hits (as he tends to get run at) nor having players have miscues with the puck.

If he lets in some stinkers and they end up being down a game then I'd have no problems handing it over to Bob either like others have mentioned, Lavi luckily knows what he's doing come post season with having multiple goaltenders though so I trust his judgement.

Flyers93 02-28-2011 06:28 PM

Do not want any part of a rotation in the playoffs. This is as good as a chance as were gonna get to win the Cup with this group of players, so I don't want it all resting on a 22 year old rookie goaltender who can't even talk to his teammates in the same language.

Start with Boosh because he has lots of playoff experience and has been known to go on wicked hot or cold streaks, maybe we get lucky and he gets hot. If he falters badly, then throw Bob out there.

King Forsberg 02-28-2011 06:54 PM

Start Boucher game 1. Let Bob see what playoff hockey is like. Hopefully Boucher is good enough so we dont have to pull him and put Bob in. Then ride whoever is hot.