HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Kevin Weeks...T.O??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88337)

The_Puck_Hog 07-01-2004 03:59 PM

Proposal: Kevin Weeks...T.O???

1 Attachment(s)
I think Kevin Weeks would be a very viable backup to Belfour in Toronto....I wonder if there is any interest in Toronto?

:help: Trevor Kidd :help: couldn't stop a beachball, unless their looking for someone younger for the future......

timlap 07-01-2004 04:04 PM

Please say "Proposal" in the thread title when you post messages like this. I thought you were actually talking about a deal or at least a solid rumour.

andora 07-01-2004 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Puck_Hog
I think Kevin Weeks would be a very viable backup to Belfour in Toronto....I wonder if there is any interest in Toronto?

:help: Trevor Kidd :help: couldn't stop a beachball, unless their looking for someone younger for the future......

:lol

leafaholix* 07-01-2004 04:43 PM

andora, that's funny.

andora 07-01-2004 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
andora, that's funny.

Pinto 07-01-2004 05:52 PM

Weekes is a UFA

GKJ 07-01-2004 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto
Weekes is a UFA

thanks for the news flash :innocent:

Rand 07-01-2004 09:29 PM

A decent goalie, who may deserve a chance at a starters job some place (Rangers?) but Toronto already has Telqvist whose clearly mature enough at this point and showed very nicely that he's adadequate NHL backup.
Given that Toronto's been grooming him for quite some time to be their future in goal I doubt they'll set back hi development by sticking him back in the AHL wherein he's had nothing left to prove for over a year+ now.

Besides, Belfour is temperamental enough, given that Weeks is a bit... ah "flaky" I don't even want to think about them on the same team together.

Mr. Canucklehead 07-01-2004 10:05 PM

I like that one, it's new. :lol:

Whoever said Weekes should "backup" someone...Weekes is a starting goaltender. Not a second fiddle--not just in skill, but in attitude. He IS a No. 1 goaltender, and he won't accept being a backup. So dream on if anyone thinks he'll accept that role...

~Canucklehead~

not quite yoda 07-01-2004 10:05 PM

Weekes is talented enough to be a no1. He also has stated that he wants be a team's no1 ever since his Tampa days. Backing up Belfour in TO will get him under 20 games a year. Doesn't make sense for Weekes.

:jump:

leafaholix* 07-01-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucklehead17
I like that one, it's new. :lol:

Whoever said Weekes should "backup" someone...Weekes is a starting goaltender. Not a second fiddle--not just in skill, but in attitude. He IS a No. 1 goaltender, and he won't accept being a backup. So dream on if anyone thinks he'll accept that role...

~Canucklehead~

Well, once he realizes there are no positions available for #1 roles, I'm sure he'll sign on with a team as the #2 or even #1b goaltender. I wouldn't be shocked if John Ferguson went out and signed Weekes.

Team_Spirit 07-01-2004 11:04 PM

Tellquvist too small in net imo . Weeks would challenge Belfour and it would be a nice security if Belfour is hurt . Any team who get Weeks will see how good he his , he didn't shined much this year because of an horrid team , he'll be among 15best NHL goalies if he goes to the right place .

leafaholix* 07-01-2004 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Tellquvist too small in net imo . Weeks would challenge Belfour and it would be a nice security if Belfour is hurt . Any team who get Weeks will see how good he his , he didn't shined much this year because of an horrid team , he'll be among 15best NHL goalies if he goes to the right place .

Tellqvist is too small?

Well, Weekes is 6'0", 190. Tellqvist is 5'11", 194.

They're about the same size. And Mikael plays the angles very nicely, he comes out of the net often which gives the forward almost no net to shoot at. He is kind of smaller compared to guys like Kolzig and Burke, but he's as big as Belfour.

Mr. Canucklehead 07-01-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Well, once he realizes there are no positions available for #1 roles, I'm sure he'll sign on with a team as the #2 or even #1b goaltender. I wouldn't be shocked if John Ferguson went out and signed Weekes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson makes an offer, I would be greatly surprised if Weekes actually accepted. He wants playing time, not playing second fiddle to a guy who just signed a new multi-year deal.

~Canucklehead~

Lobstertainment 07-01-2004 11:50 PM

Quote:

Tellqvist is too small?

Well, Weekes is 6'0", 190. Tellqvist is 5'11", 194.

They're about the same size. And Mikael plays the angles very nicely, he comes out of the net often which gives the forward almost no net to shoot at. He is kind of smaller compared to guys like Kolzig and Burke, but he's as big as Belfour.

Hell sometimes I think he comes out too much.

Sotnos 07-02-2004 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucklehead17

Yup. He does NOT want to be a backup anywhere, period. He's not cut out for it, attitude-wise.