HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Valeri Bure to where? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88346)

Conklinmonton 07-01-2004 04:28 PM

Valeri Bure to where?

I beileve that V. Bure is now an UFA...any ideas of where he's headed (if anywhere)

Here's hopin the Oilers ink him, they could always use some offense.

mIkeY1096 07-01-2004 04:35 PM

I havent heard any thing about him yet but their will be some teams interested in him? i always thought he wanted to stay in dallas but i guess that isnt going to happen but i can see a smaller market team getting him.

how about his brother pavel , he's a free agent too and i heard last he is really trying hard to make a comeback! who you think would take a chance on the russan rocket! if he wasnt so hurt he would be one of the biggest free agents this summer :bow:

OilerFan4Life 07-01-2004 04:51 PM

ummmm...we dont want any hockey player named Valeri

Coolburn 07-01-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mIkeY1096
I havent heard any thing about him yet but their will be some teams interested in him? i always thought he wanted to stay in dallas but i guess that isnt going to happen but i can see a smaller market team getting him.

how about his brother pavel , he's a free agent too and i heard last he is really trying hard to make a comeback! who you think would take a chance on the russan rocket! if he wasnt so hurt he would be one of the biggest free agents this summer :bow:

If Val didn't have that big contract ($3.1 million), I don't think FL would've necessarily traded him. He's probably looking at a pay cut no matter what but is a pretty decent 2nd line RW scoring option.

His brother, though, is done like dinner. The guy is still hobbling around down on South Beach. He was seen several times at Panther games last season up in the luxury boxes. He won't ever get back to his previous form so its almost stupid to even attempt to sign him. Its a good thing he got his money when he did I suppose.

little a from da bx 07-01-2004 07:40 PM

well i know he is a wing if he is a leftwing maybe nyr should look into him he is still young 27 or 28 can give u a 20-25 goal season got speed , nyr needs left wings and centre position also conroy or rolston would be great fits also. i say go bure if he is a left wing instead of palffy which the rumor is.

kmad 07-01-2004 07:48 PM

Europe

jumptheshark 07-02-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conklinmonton
I beileve that V. Bure is now an UFA...any ideas of where he's headed (if anywhere)

Here's hopin the Oilers ink him, they could always use some offense.

Valerie is a 3rd liner that is inury prone--his best numbers came from playing with better players--if he does not play with the top guys on your team or if he is not on the PP--he sits and cries like pavel

pb1300 07-02-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark
Valerie is a 3rd liner that is inury prone--his best numbers came from playing with better players--if he does not play with the top guys on your team or if he is not on the PP--he sits and cries like pavel

Im curious to know where you get your information about him sitting and crying like his brother? During his stint here in Florida, Valeri was the total team player. Everyone liked him, and Valeri always had a positive point about anything going on in the organization. He was a great veteran leader for this team, and I would like to see the Cats bring him back at a reduced cost, but its not going to happen.

RE-HABS 07-02-2004 09:07 AM

Seeing he can be a decent player if un-injured and given top 2 line playing time he could possibly end up in LA where they have let Deadmarsh, Allison and others go and may lose Palffy too.

His wife is an actress and Hollywood maybe a good fit for them, and he could be had a lower salary in LA.

jumptheshark 07-02-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300
Im curious to know where you get your information about him sitting and crying like his brother? During his stint here in Florida, Valeri was the total team player. Everyone liked him, and Valeri always had a positive point about anything going on in the organization. He was a great veteran leader for this team, and I would like to see the Cats bring him back at a reduced cost, but its not going to happen.

I have a buddy who played with him in Calgary! This guy never usual talks about what goes on in a dressing room--but he just got frusted by Bure in Calgary

Ajacied 07-02-2004 09:17 AM

If Hull doesn't returns, I want Bure back in Dallas. He really got our offense going..

Jeff Shafer 07-02-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark
I have a buddy who played with him in Calgary! This guy never usual talks about what goes on in a dressing room--but he just got frusted by Bure in Calgary

who's your buddy?

jumptheshark 07-02-2004 09:42 AM

still is active--last time I metioned a name it got back to the guy and he got mad at me--I will tell you that the last guy I named was Semenko as a scout(oilers) that I have known for years--he is mad at me already--so no harm no faul--there.
But, go back to what his teammates said in public about bure jr in calgary after he left--he might have been in a bad head space or something

laraque#27 07-02-2004 10:18 AM

PLEASE oilers don't sign him.they have enough small fowards.

Famous Flames 07-02-2004 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Seeing he can be a decent player if un-injured and given top 2 line playing time he could possibly end up in LA where they have let Deadmarsh, Allison and others go and may lose Palffy too.

His wife is an actress and Hollywood maybe a good fit for them, and he could be had a lower salary in LA.

This actually makes sense. I believe they live in LA when he isn't playing.

GKJ 07-02-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS

Candance Cameron from Full House, who has done nothing since then.

I think Bure is the one supporting the family.

Famous Flames 07-02-2004 11:43 AM

She worked ocassionally after that. See below. But yeah, Val is the one making the cash.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0121026/