HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Carkner to Rangers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=883504)

surf 02-26-2011 03:15 PM

Carkner to Rangers?

Is he on the block? What would it cost?

CM Lundqvist 02-26-2011 03:17 PM

Couldn't be much more than McCabe. Still doubt Ottawa moves him, but I wouldn't mind him as a rental if he is one.

Puckface NYR* 02-26-2011 03:19 PM

we dont need him

I Am Beat You 02-26-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31251510)
Couldn't be much more than McCabe. Still doubt Ottawa moves him, but I wouldn't mind him as a rental if he is one.

I think you've got the wrong player in mind.

thefifagod 02-26-2011 03:35 PM

Staal Girardi McDonagh Sauer McCabe Del Zotto/ Gilroy, I don't see a big need.

CM Lundqvist 02-26-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 31251866)

I think you've got a terrible gauge on trade value.

Sens Rule 02-26-2011 04:33 PM

Carkner makes $700K next season and is a legitimate top heavyweight. He is unique in the NHL in being a top heavyweight and being a regular roster player. I don't think Ottawa is particularly interested in trading him. He can play on your bottom pairing and kill penalties and be very effective in that role. He had to through injuries play quite a bit of the season on the 2nd D Pairing and he has an even plus/minus while most of the other D-Men on the Sens are double digits in the minus column.

With the rebuild I think the Sens want him on the roster next season as the #6 or #7 D-Man. They want to get rid of Kuba. Not sure about Campoli or Lee but in terms of the veteran D-Men on the team I think Carkner is the only one they are not at least considering options in trading.

So if the Rangers wanted him they would need to give something of real value, not just a pick higher in the draft than would be expected but something that really fills a specific need Ottawa has.

BrianBoyle 02-26-2011 04:35 PM

The Rangers have no need for Carkner. The OP is just obsessed with tough guys. With McCabe, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, and Eminger, Carkner doesn't offer enough of an upgrade to warrant giving up any type of asset to acquire him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31252174)

Calm down, bro.

I Am Beat You 02-26-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31252174)

You think a #6 (at best) defenseman whose primary strength is fighting will fetch you more than McCabe? Carkner isn't exactly a young guy with lots of potential, he was fortunate to find an opening in the Sens organization. If it weren't for his fisticuffs, he almost certainly wouldn't be in the NHL. Plus, you have McIlrath in your system and a young defense with plenty of room to improve going forward, and have now added Bryan McCabe. If you think Carkner would fetch a 3rd, plus a prospect, plus whatever "couldn't be much more than McCabe" means, I think you're mistaken.

wej20 02-26-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 31253594)
You think a #6 (at best) defenseman whose primary strength is fighting will fetch you more than McCabe? Carkner isn't exactly a young guy with lots of potential, he was fortunate to find an opening in the Sens organization. If it weren't for his fisticuffs, he almost certainly wouldn't be in the NHL. Plus, you have McIlrath in your system and a young defense with plenty of room to improve going forward, and have now added Bryan McCabe. If you think Carkner would fetch a 3rd, plus a prospect, plus whatever "couldn't be much more than McCabe" means, I think you're mistaken.

Carkner isn't being shopped (I imagine) unlike McCabe so unless Rangers are going to overpay then Sens have no reason to move him.

NYRfan68 02-26-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 31251866)

lol, HFBOARDS miscommunication.

I'm pretty sure Brad was saying that McCabe would fetch a lot more than Carkner, while Coldshot took that comment as saying that Carkner would get a lot more than McCabe.

Coldshot is a NYR fan, not a Sens fan.

Highbrow 02-26-2011 04:47 PM

Carkner goes nowhere.

Defencemen that may be traded: Phillips, Kuba, Campoli
Defencemen that won't be traded (due to lack of interest): Lee, Gonchar
Defencemen that won't be traded (Ottawa wishes to keep): Karlsson, Carkner

I Am Beat You 02-26-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan68 (Post 31253746)

I'm pretty sure Brad was saying that McCabe would fetch a lot more than Carkner, while Coldshot took that comment as saying that Carkner would get a lot more than McCabe.

After my most recent post, I saw Grachev under his username.

You must be right.

Puckface NYR* 02-26-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan68 (Post 31253746)

The no avatar issue strikes again!

Ail 02-26-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 31253460)
The Rangers have no need for Carkner. The OP is just obsessed with tough guys. With McCabe, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, and Eminger, Carkner doesn't offer enough of an upgrade to warrant giving up any type of asset to acquire him.

Calm down, bro.

Rangers need to ice 3 lines of goons, stop being a video nerd. :wedgie:

surf 02-26-2011 05:23 PM

Em and Gilroy are garbage..Em has been a healthy scratch recently..Whats wrong w/adding a mean 6/7 D-Men?? You would rather dress Gilroy over Carkner?? Really???

Quote:

Calm down, bro.

CM Lundqvist 02-26-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Calm down, bro.

1. I'm pretty calm.

2. Don't tell me what to do because I could really care less about what you have to say.

3. Im definitely not your bro.

BrianBoyle 02-26-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31255235)
1. I'm pretty calm.

2. Don't tell me what to do because I could really care less about what you have to say.

You need to ease up on the aggression here. This is an internet forum. Just chill.

CM Lundqvist 02-26-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 31253594)

Yeah, you've definitely crossed my words up.

Carkner at best would probably fetch a little less than what McCabe got.

CM Lundqvist 02-26-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 31255261)
You need to ease up on the aggression here. This is an internet forum. Just chill.

That's right, its an internet forum. That's why you need to worry about yourself and stop trying to be my parents or something.

Now unless you have something to say about the topic at hand to me, then back off.

Powdered Toast Man 02-26-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31255693)
That's right, its an internet forum. That's why you need to worry about yourself and stop trying to be my parents or something.

Now unless you have something to say about the topic at hand to me, then back off.

Use your indoor voice.

Ail 02-26-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31255693)

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.c...sns_ninjas.jpg

internetdotcom 02-26-2011 06:36 PM

Edit : Deleted.

kiwidevil 02-26-2011 08:01 PM

Grachev+2nd?

Andre Benoit Bawls 02-26-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 31255235)
1. I'm pretty calm.

If I was in your situation I would consider entering a state of heightened calamity, my newly acquired internet acquaintance.