HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Sabres going after Richards or Stastny (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=883651)

Dixon 02-26-2011 10:47 PM

Sabres going after Richards or Stastny

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc.../17422246.html

1970 02-26-2011 10:49 PM

Multiple people (including hnic) said Stastny is not available and many people (such as Matt Barnaby) said no way Richards waives ntc to come to Sabres.

Wishful thinking.

Orenji 02-26-2011 10:51 PM

Don't see what the Sabres could give to sway the Avs into giving up Stastny.

And Richards Sweepstakes 2011 is supposedly between the Rangers and Kings; and that's if the Stars feel like they won't resign Richards and want at least some pieces back.

Matt Martin 02-26-2011 10:54 PM

I'd be enthused, but that's only after the extreme surprise wore off. Paul's probably movable, but I doubt he comes here.

S E P H 02-26-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 31266177)

And Richards Sweepstakes 2011 is supposedly between the Rangers and Kings; and that's if the Stars feel like they won't resign Richards and want at least some pieces back.

I wouldn't mind giving up Stasnty, just send Myers back the other way.

Dixon 02-26-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 31266177)

1st round pick
Any two prospects not name Kassian or Foligno
Maybe Tyler Ennis or Sekera

RE-HABS 02-26-2011 10:59 PM

Even with one of those two in the line up the Sabres are still far from Cup contenders, they aren't even playoff contenders right now.

BloFan4Life 02-26-2011 11:01 PM

Wouldn't be shocked in the least. Pegula is for real, about time the NHL will figure that out.

BloFan4Life 02-26-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 31266372)
Even with one of those two in the line up the Sabres are still far from Cup contenders, they aren't even playoff contenders right now.

Oh Please, we control our own destiny.

1970 02-26-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Agreed on the first part, but your second part is ridic. They are 2 points out of 8th, play Carolina three more times AND have 2 games in hand on them. If that isn't a contender to make the playoffs, then nobody outside top 8 in late Feb. is.

Dixon 02-26-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Not playoff contenders? They are two points out with two game in hand. Plus the more likely trade for Stastny would be more for the future.

S319R11S16 02-26-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

2 points out with 2 games in hand and still have to play Carolina 3 more times

Yea, no chance in he'll.

static80 02-26-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Sabres are not building for merely a playoff run this season.
The owner has stated a Cup in 3 seasons or less.
A move like this for Stastny makes complete sense given the Sabres center depth issues, if Richards would agree to re-sign then that makes sense as well.

Also, take into consideration, the shackles are off in Buffalo, no more financial constraints on management, the marching orders have been given, it's a green light to do what is necessary to not only win a Cup, but to make Buffalo the best destination for NHL players.

As Ted Black said: "Buffalo will be a world class organization, we are sending out a clarion call to the hockey world"

Is it possible? Sure.
Will it happen? I guess we'll all find out by 3pm EST Monday.

Orenji 02-26-2011 11:10 PM

Stastny is going nowhere said the Hot Stove.

And Richards will probably take a lot since the Rangers/Kings are going hard after him.

static80 02-26-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 31266589)

And Richards will probably take a lot since the Rangers/Kings are going hard after him.

The Sabres new owner is the 3rd richest in sports, money won't be an issue.

Shaun_W_W 02-26-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 31266273)
I wouldn't mind giving up Stasnty, just send Myers back the other way.

A defence built around Myers and EJ would be scary

BloFan4Life 02-26-2011 11:17 PM

Colorado fans, how about something that centers around Kassian and a 1st??? Obviously more but I think it would be a start.

Orenji 02-26-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 31266609)
The Sabres new owner is the 3rd richest in sports, money won't be an issue.

No, I mean what the Sabres can give to the Stars. Money isn't an issue for Los Angeles either.

They could possibly get him, but would he waive to go from two warm cities like Tampa and Dallas to Buffalo?

BloFan4Life 02-26-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 31266794)
No, I mean what the Sabres can give to the Stars. Money isn't an issue for Los Angeles either.

They could possibly get him, but would he waive to go from two warm cities like Tampa and Dallas to Buffalo?

Really, hockey players care about warm weather?? Are you kidding me?? They grew up as kids playing out in neg temps on a pond till their toes fell off. I think Pegs could talk him into coming.

29AvalancheWarning09 02-26-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 31266589)

lol who gives a **** what the hotstove said. Stastny is def movable for the right deal, foote and duke wanna retire as avs was the main point they were making.

static80 02-26-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 31266794)

It depends on many things, not just the location.
The class of the organization, it's goals, supporting cast around him, family comfort, etc..etc...

I wouldn't think Buffalo would target either Stastny or Richards given the comments from the owner, President and GM.
They wan't the right fit, not just the best talent.
If they are going to build, I would think some one like Weiss would be a much better fit given the Myers upcoming contract and Ennis, Stafford's contracts, etc...etc..

You get what I am saying though.
I don't want peeps to think Buffalo is not a nice place, it actually is.
There is much to do here, it gets a bad rep, not just weather either, the city itself needs to see development again.

But if you come and visit, I'll show you some great places, that entertain every day.

seacard 02-26-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloFan4Life (Post 31266760)
Colorado fans, how about something that centers around Kassian and a 1st??? Obviously more but I think it would be a start.

My guess is Enroth and Kassian would be the starting point -- Colorado needs a goalie, and needs a winger. That is comparable to the rumoured Jack Johnson and Bernier package from L.A., although obviously not quite as good. I think a fair deal would be Stastny, Hunwick [or possibly Liles], and a pick [depending on whether it's Hunwick or Liles] for Enroth, Kassian, and the 1st.

BloFan4Life 02-26-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacard (Post 31267321)
My guess is Enroth and Kassian would be the starting point -- Colorado needs a goalie, and needs a winger. That is comparable to the rumoured Jack Johnson and Bernier package from L.A., although obviously not quite as good. I think a fair deal would be Stastny, Hunwick [or possibly Liles], and a pick [depending on whether it's Hunwick or Liles] for Enroth, Kassian, and the 1st.

I think it would take more than that. Maybe even throw Staff or Gerbe in there.

Dixon 02-26-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

We'll give you Ennis instead of Kassian.

Crisp Breakout 02-26-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

What's comparable about this and the LA rumor? I see nothing except a goaltender. There is no top pairing D man, there is no solid 2 center, and the quality of the goalie is much less.