HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: What position do you play? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=883889)

Inferno 02-27-2011 04:03 PM

What position do you play?
 
For the guys & gals who play hockey, a simple enough question. what do you play (poll coming)

Ih8theislanders 02-27-2011 04:07 PM

Defensive winger, at lower levels I scored a lot but not much anymore.

Wraparounds 02-27-2011 04:10 PM

2-way winger.

I played a lot of PK in Midget AAA and put up 54 goals in my last season.

I played some PK in college and score 15 goals my freshman year.

n8 02-27-2011 04:11 PM

haven't played ice hockey in a long time :(

when I did, I was a forechecking winger. always crashing the net. so, maybe a not-so-power forward? I'll stick with forechecking winger. I also played defense one season in high school. I hated playing defense because I didn't really get any instruction.

Inferno 02-27-2011 04:11 PM

im a 2-way defenseman. got a good first pass, but dont bring much offense from the point because i cant hit the frikkin net with any consistency with my shot. im at a point a game pace in my league which is pretty good since defenseman usually dont get many points here, and they dont count secondary assists.

but, i still rate my games by how i play in my own zone. if i scored 3 points but give up a goal thats my fault, i call it an awful game.

Ih8theislanders 02-27-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the zamboni (Post 31278455)
Judging by the lack of common hockey knowledge displayed by people in the GDTs, I would think we don't have many who have ever even laced up a pair of skates.

:laugh:

Just like at MSG when so many people yell "SHOOT" when there is no lane at all.

Inferno 02-27-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 31278343)
haven't played ice hockey in a long time :(

when I did, I was a forechecking winger. always crashing the net. so, maybe a not-so-power forward? I'll stick with forechecking winger. I also played defense one season in high school. I hated playing defense because I didn't really get any instruction.

i switched from defensive winger to defenseman because i always was playing back. id be the first man back on most odd man rushes, id be the guy to cover for the defneseman when they pinch...after a while i was just like...why am i playing forward? everything i do i think defense first.

Crease 02-27-2011 04:20 PM

Goalie. Played juniors and college but stopped last year once I graduated and moved into the city for work.

Swedish Fish 02-27-2011 04:20 PM

Offensive D man, love joining the rush. I'm only slightly better then Gilroy :sarcasm:

Fitzy 02-27-2011 04:20 PM

I was primarily a LW, but I occasionally played some RW when it was needed.

Machinehead 02-27-2011 04:23 PM

I started on defense, but I was scoring alot so they moved me to RW so that I could concentrate more on scoring. I loved it there, and that's where I stayed the rest of my "career" if you will.

I wasn't really what you would call "defensive", I mean I did lead the team in scoring and win an MVP when I was 10, but you could probably say I was a grinder, with a little bit of sniper in me. My style was very straight-foward, nasty, and just pretty anything but fancy. On defense I wasn't much in the way of positioning, but I was the biggest kid on the team and I loved hitting people more than anything else, even more than scoring. On offense it was more of the same, I wasn't much in the way of stickwork and speed, but I got in the corners, had an absoltuely blistering slapshot that was also fairly accurate, which to this day is my best asset, and I liked camping in the money area Ryan Smyth style. My weakness was the skill game, and my strength was the brute force game. I miss playing in the little leagues, I last played when I was 14 :cry:

I could've had a future if I was a little faster, but it got to the point where I couldn't keep up with most of them anymore. If I did catch them they were in trouble, but i wasn't such a good skater, that was my downfall.

Ail 02-27-2011 04:31 PM

Other: I'm an ice girl.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-27-2011 04:32 PM

I played defensive end...:sarcasm:

Hockey was always too expensive for me. Plus I was built for football.

NYR27 02-27-2011 04:36 PM

Goalie...played lacrosse goalie in college and post collegiate box lac which seems similar enought to hockey goalie...knowing how to skate also puts me over I think...

silverfish 02-27-2011 04:36 PM

When I do play it's RW. More of a playmaker then a shooter and I like to believe I'm responsible in my own end so I voted 2 way winger :p:

Mint Berry Crunch 02-27-2011 04:58 PM

Haven't played in years but I started out in goal, ended up as a defensive d-man.

Stugots 02-27-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 31278258)
Defensive winger, at lower levels I scored a lot but not much anymore.

Exactly what my game has turned into. I'm like a Prust-type.

DudleyDoWright5 02-27-2011 05:45 PM

Center.

When I used to play when I was a teen, mostly roller hockey, all I did was win draws, and sit in front of the net and knock in rebounds. I wasn't prolific, you could say I'm the hispanic equivalent of Chris Drury, with more offensive abilities lol

TrollololBoyle 02-27-2011 06:09 PM

Shortstop and centerfield...

For hockey you say? Nada

Jackson Ranger 02-27-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 31278527)
i switched from defensive winger to defenseman because i always was playing back. id be the first man back on most odd man rushes, id be the guy to cover for the defneseman when they pinch...after a while i was just like...why am i playing forward? everything i do i think defense first.

Plus as a d man, you normally play more. That's why I switched from forward to d.

E Nixson 02-27-2011 06:48 PM

I voted Offensive Defenseman. Although I am no slouch in my end, my slap shot warrants the title :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger (Post 31282104)
Plus as a d man, you normally play more. That's why I switched from forward to d.

Same reason i switched from Forward to Defense when i was a youngster.

satrabyk 02-27-2011 06:50 PM

I usually play center in most of my seasons mixed with left wing. I think it depends on were im playing will determine my style. When i played a 3 seasons in AA i was mostly a forecheking, skating, hardworking winger who took more hits than i gave lol. But than hit puberty and gained some confidence, started playing center and became more off a playmaker and occasional goal-scoring usually in bunches, i love the boards and play a style that likes to cycle and create from down low. If i was like any Ranger it would prob be somewhat like Avery without the agitating.

94now 02-27-2011 07:04 PM

Defensive C is what I like to play, so I center 3rd ( last ) line usually but may end up playing anywhere when better C is available.

Swept In Seven 02-27-2011 07:15 PM

I am a 2 way defenseman in juniors and when I plyed aaa I was a 2 way winger and ppqb

JanErixon20 02-27-2011 07:34 PM

When I played deck hockey years ago I was a defensemen. Moved to roller and became a left wing, but then moved back to defense because nobody really wanted to play it. I was pretty much an offensive dman, though. I joined the rush all the time. I just joined my first ice league over at The Rinx here on Long Island. Not sure where I'll be playing. I'd like to try defense but we'll see. I'm not a strong on the ice as I was with the blades skating wise. It's a beginners league, so maybe it won't be a big deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.