HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Post-Trade Deadline Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=884516)

Timmy 02-28-2011 03:00 PM

Post-Trade Deadline Talk

Carry on.

Kid_Roll 02-28-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3m (Post 31315384)

Hahah, geezus, that is the most glowing scouting report I have ever seen. All it is missing is "Has the hands of Gretzky but plays like he has the size of Lemieux" and it would be perfect. Sounds like someone might need a bit of balancing out their scouting reports.

That is basically the scouting report all Canuck fans would KILL to have for Raymond.

"He's basically Mason Raymond except he actually drives to the net."

Too bad Sharp never lived up to that scouting report. :/

Nuckles 02-28-2011 03:03 PM

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/stra...tanley_cup.jpg

Winroba 02-28-2011 03:03 PM

I'm happy

LickTheEnvelope 02-28-2011 03:04 PM

Came out with 2 NHL players (and MacGregor Fing Sharp!) for 3rd rounds and prospects we all wanted gone.... and we didn't move any big assets at all.

Wahoooo!

Bobby Lou 02-28-2011 03:05 PM

We got what we needed. Higgins is a big bonus in my books if he can get healthy.

I find it odd there were a bunch of people clamoring for Konopka who don't like the Lapierre acquisition. The only difference is Konopka fights; otherwise they're mightily similar players.

The success we've been having with prospect free agent signings sort of makes 3rd rounders expendable.

Saren 02-28-2011 03:06 PM

What kind of a name is MacGregor.

Lard_Lad 02-28-2011 03:07 PM

Capgeek is showing Hodgson and Oreo down, and Lee Sweatt going on LTIR. Hmm, Sweatt can't be sent down for the rest of the year now, so he's either staying out or Tanev's going down when he comes back.

Aqualung 02-28-2011 03:08 PM

Assuming everyone is ready to go when the playoffs start...

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Samuelsson
Higgins Malhotra Hansen
Torres Lapierre Glass
Hodgson

Edler Ehrhoff
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Salo
Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

Even then, I'd prob move Hodgson to 4th line C and have Lapierre/Glass sub-out as wingers depending on play.

Higgins and Torres may shift up-down on third-fourth line duties as well, maybe even Raymond as well.

Winnipeg Jets 02-28-2011 03:08 PM

I'm happy and also interested how Lapierre fits into our system. He seems like a troll and with the Canucks' emphasis on discipline this trade could be a bad one.

I'd be happy either way if Lapierre plays like a troll since I really like that strategy. It'll be good to finally be the team dishing out the trolling rather than getting it.

Bgav 02-28-2011 03:09 PM

So happy we got the ultimate troll

johnnycanuck 02-28-2011 03:10 PM

Higgins used to put up decent numbers with the the Habs (three straight 20+ goal seasons). So is he a fourth line piece, or a top-six guy? I'm confused as to where he fits in...

LickTheEnvelope 02-28-2011 03:10 PM

Didn't realize Lapierre had such a good face-off % this season... 54.6 % and he's actually taken 183 face-offs... (that's almost as many as all our 4th line center tests combined...)...

parabola 02-28-2011 03:11 PM

Hodgson and Oreskovich definitely sent down... They aren't on CDC anymore.

VanEric 02-28-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parabola (Post 31316684)

Sucks for them but I'm glad that Hodgson at least has some legitimate NHL experience now should he be needed at some point again this year.

petrishriekandgo 02-28-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parabola (Post 31316684)

Would think they'd keep Hodgson until Higgins gets back... still, the kid needs to play. Get him on the Moose to eat up some ice-time.

Winroba 02-28-2011 03:18 PM

Mike Gillis will speak to media in 20 minutes. He's completing a trade call. #canucks

From Hosea24Hours

biturbo19 02-28-2011 03:18 PM

Only disappointing part of today is Hodgson's days with the Canucks this year almost certainly being numbered. :( But it's for the best. If Higgins + Lappy fit in well, this is going to be a slick lineup.

i'm imagining the possibility of Lappy and Torres on the same line...and i'm just laughing my ass off. consider any and all **** disturbed. :laugh:

something like Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen could make a good defensively responsible checking line...with Torres-Lappy-Glass as a hilariously antagonistic 4th line that AV could actually use for a more regular shift. but there are endless combinations possible there for AV to tinker with.

hopefully alleviates some of the PK burden on Burrows-Kesler for rest of the regular season. Higgins gives AV a more viable top-6 temp guy if Raymond needs a little kick in the pants as well.

and one of the biggest things to me, is the faceoff flexibility. a good faceoff team to begin with, added the 4th line C we were after...and i could be wrong, but i believe Higgins has at least taken a number of draws in his time as well?

pretty lackluster deadline day as a whole, but i'm pretty happy with what the Canucks did. pretty funny watching Tallon strip Florida to the bone as well.

Mr. Canucklehead 02-28-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lard_Lad (Post 31316507)
Capgeek is showing Hodgson and Oreo down, and Lee Sweatt going on LTIR. Hmm, Sweatt can't be sent down for the rest of the year now, so he's either staying out or Tanev's going down when he comes back.

It'll require some juggling, but basically...

- Once Sweatt is healthy, Tanev gets sent to Manitoba to clear up the room to re-activate Sweatt.

- Sweatt is then activated off LTIR and subsequently sent to Manitoba.

- If required, Canucks recall Tanev again to resume playing on the back end.

And voila.

Has Gilman's finger prints all over it. And I would bet Sweatt was placed on there retroactively.

wetcoastwhale 02-28-2011 03:19 PM

Does Oreskovitch have to pass through waivers to go to the Moose?

Mr. Canucklehead 02-28-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 31317042)
Mike Gillis will speak to media in 20 minutes. He's completing a trade call. #canucks

From Hosea24Hours

Uh...trade call for one of the Higgins/Lapierre deals? Or is there yet another one?

Winroba 02-28-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 31317141)
Uh...trade call for one of the Higgins/Lapierre deals? Or is there yet another one?

I think it may be a new one but nobody seems to be sure

Saren 02-28-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 31317141)

Something about Shea Weber, no biggie though.

Lard_Lad 02-28-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 31317095)
It'll require some juggling, but basically...

- Once Sweatt is healthy, Tanev gets sent to Manitoba to clear up the room to re-activate Sweatt.

- Sweatt is then activated off LTIR and subsequently sent to Manitoba.

- If required, Canucks recall Tanev again to resume playing on the back end.

And voila.

Has Gilman's finger prints all over it. And I would bet Sweatt was placed on there retroactively.

Sweatt can't be sent down now that he's on the roster after the deadline - and now that I think about it, neither can Tanev. Either something's not adding up here, or we're taking a huge risk that we won't have any medium-term injuries.

Winroba 02-28-2011 03:27 PM

Hosea says he's probably just finalizing info, nothing new