HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any teams interested in Zhitnik? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88501)

shadoz19 07-02-2004 10:19 AM

Any teams interested in Zhitnik?

Any teams interested in Zhitnik? I' don'y know about this guy I think he should have taken the Sabres offer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shown...ntent=h070123A

DJAnimosity 07-02-2004 10:22 AM

Columbus might have interest. They've certainly shown interest in him in the past. Doug MacLean is looking to add 2 defensemen this offseason, and one of them needs to be a top-4 guy.

shadoz19 07-02-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
Columbus might have interest. They've certainly shown interest in him in the past. Doug MacLean is looking to add 2 defensemen this offseason, and one of them needs to be a top-4 guy.

Sabres offerred $16 million over 4 years. So unless he really wants out I think he should have taken it.

leafaholix* 07-02-2004 10:24 AM

Ukh. Gandler.

He should have taken Buffalo's offer. I don't see anyone throwing anything more than $4M at him.

DJAnimosity 07-02-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoz19
Sabres offerred $16 million over 4 years. So unless he really wants out I think he should have taken it.

I agree, I don't think there's any chance he'll get that offer elsewhere.

GKJ 07-02-2004 10:27 AM

An aging defenseman who can't play defense or hit the net.

No thank you.

Moskau 07-02-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

No thank you.

He can hit the net now, he changed sticks. Took him 4 years to realize his stick wasn't good for him, but yeah, he's from Ukraine.

And I don't see where the comments about his defense come into play, he's very good defensively.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 07-02-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

No thank you.

Sounds just like what Columbus needs!!

CREW99AW 07-02-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Any teams interested in Zhitnik? I' don'y know about this guy I think he should have taken the Sabres offer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shown...ntent=h070123A

Both Zhitnik and Palffy surprised me by rejecting very good offers.I hope no other team comes up with a better offer.

GKJ 07-02-2004 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskau
He can hit the net now, he changed sticks. Took him 4 years to realize his stick wasn't good for him, but yeah, he's from Ukraine.

He actually came up though the Russian system, much like Tverdovsky who also doesn't play defense...

Moskau 07-02-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

He actually came up though the Russian system, much like Tverdovsky who also doesn't play defense...

He was born in Ukraine, the country that is made fun of by Russia. The country where hockey players flee from and insist that they aren't from there.

And Zhitnik is no worse defensively than a certain open mouthed Swede from Malmo.

czarin 07-02-2004 11:38 AM

Zhitnik is good defensively, but yer right about his missing the net thing .

Tap on the Ankle 07-02-2004 11:52 AM

I could see Ottawa interested in him... after all, we are lacking a true 4th dman, and Muckler seems to be infatuated with guys from his old Buffalo squad.

Chainshot 07-02-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskau
He was born in Ukraine, the country that is made fun of by Russia. The country where hockey players flee from and insist that they aren't from there.

And Zhitnik is no worse defensively than a certain open mouthed Swede from Malmo.

:lol: Better IMHO...

Moskau 07-02-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot
:lol: Better IMHO...

Quite a bit IMO, but I didn't want to seem like a huge homer.

Don't get me wrong. Just because he hits the net more now doesn't mean everyteam will be scrambling to give him 4.5 Million. He has certain worth to certain teams.

Zhitnik isn't worth what he's looking for (rumored to be close to 5 million a year) from anyteam, and is only worth what Buffalo is offering from maybe 2-3 teams in the league (Buffalo included).

I think when it's all said and done, he will come back to Buffalo and take either the 4 year 16 Million offer or a 2-3 year deal worth slightly more a year.

JOHNBOY 07-02-2004 02:16 PM

Zhitnik is very reliable Defensively, and he is getting better on hitting the net.

Also, if it came down to all non-contender team's chasing Z, he would accept Buffalo's offer, unless it was 5 mil. or over.

Coffey77 07-02-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

I think Zhitnik is nuts if he only cares about money. I don't see any team giving an offer like that or exceding it.

I was thinking Detroit may look at him if Schneider goes...but not now. Detroit's offer to Schneider was $4 million and he had a better season than Zhitnik.

JOHNBOY 07-02-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffey77
I think Zhitnik is nuts if he only cares about money. I don't see any team giving an offer like that or exceding it.

I was thinking Detroit may look at him if Schneider goes...but not now. Detroit's offer to Schneider was $4 million and he had a better season than Zhitnik.

How much $$ is Schneider commanding?

SabresRule 07-02-2004 04:35 PM

he rejected the contract to see what was out there interest wise, not cause he wanted more money. he has stated before he wants a long term deal as he has enough money and his children are young, starting school.

SabresRule 07-02-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher
I could see Ottawa interested in him... after all, we are lacking a true 4th dman, and Muckler seems to be infatuated with guys from his old Buffalo squad.

i thought i was the only one seeing that. i agree, they have a strong interest.

Columbas and Florida, possibly Atlanta are our biggest rivals to sign him. i doubt Ottawa will offer our deal.

borro 07-02-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresRule
i thought i was the only one seeing that. i agree, they have a strong interest.

Columbas and Florida, possibly Atlanta are our biggest rivals to sign him. i doubt Ottawa will offer our deal.

I could see the Caps interested in Zhitnik. They might go to 3.5.

TVanek26* 07-02-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borro
I could see the Caps interested in Zhitnik. They might go to 3.5.

Yeah,Zhitnik taking a 500K paycut to leave the Sabres,a team he has been with for the past 10 years to go to the Caps? :lol

borro 07-02-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Yeah,Zhitnik taking a 500K paycut to leave the Sabres,a team he has been with for the past 10 years to go to the Caps? :lol

To play with Ovechkin? Maybe. The new reality will hit soon. He should have taken that deal and run like a thief in the night. I wouldnt mind adding some incentives for him to increase salary.

p.l.f. 07-02-2004 08:00 PM

he wants too much for what he's worth i bet

TVanek26* 07-02-2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borro
To play with Ovechkin? Maybe. The new reality will hit soon. He should have taken that deal and run like a thief in the night. I wouldnt mind adding some incentives for him to increase salary.

Yes,I'm sure he just wants to play with Ovechkin:rolleyes:.That must be the only reason,I'm sure money or location has nothing to do with it.And Zhitnik would probably go to Atlanta or Columbus over Chicago,teams that can compete now.

Kovalchuk,Heatley>>>>Ovechkin,Semin
Zherdev,Nash>>>>>>Ovechkin,Semin