HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   can we make the playoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88519)

RangsDave 07-02-2004 11:19 AM

can we make the playoffs

AY or NAY- Can the New York Rangers make the playoffs in the 2004-2005 season?

I think Nay, Sathers "reconstruction" plan went straight to hell.

We need players like Esa Tikkanen, Jari Kurri, Jordin Tootoo, and Darcy Hordichuk if we want to go all the way.

Whats your opinion? AY or NAY

Unknownbutfamous 07-02-2004 11:25 AM

Nay

jas 07-02-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangsDave

We need players like Esa Tikkanen, Jari Kurri, Jordin Tootoo, and Darcy Hordichuk if we want to go all the way.

Of course, reconstruction plans happen over night. :shakehead

kazo 07-02-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

This is the kind garbage posting that, hopefully will disappear once the kiddies are back in school.

Forechecker 07-02-2004 12:07 PM

I say nay, but it's not going to be the doom and gloom situation we all expect. I think our young, hungry team will take it's lickings, but be the better for it.

IF, there is no season next year, and our kids play in collge, the AHL, and in Euro, then I think the first season back we'll have a very good chance at making the playoffs.

We need one full-season of playing together, but I think we're building a strong, ahrd-working team, that will come to compete every night.

JR#9* 07-02-2004 12:12 PM

Quote:

Give it a rest already with the BS posts. :banghead:

Balej=Future 07-02-2004 12:19 PM

I actually am hoping for a lockout....screw it. Lets face facts if there is no season all of those who were on the post season roster for hartford are eligible to play for hartford next year. I.e. we have balej, moore, ortmeyer, murray, tyutin, wiseman and all of the potential nhl'ers playing in hartford and learnign how to play together. Also they will be playing other AHL teams that resemble "JV" versions of their NHL teams. Great experience for our guys. Also our stars Jagr, Holik, and ughhhhhhhhhhhh Poti will be playing in other leagues around the world. Also lettin a year go by also allows us to let the fat be once year closer to gettin the **** out or manhattan. Hey I won't mind watching Hartford games on MSG all year. :handclap:

Broadway Brett 07-02-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazo
This is the kind garbage posting that, hopefully will disappear once the kiddies are back in school.

I don't think it's "garbage posting", and you should respect a person's posts and/or questions with the same respect you desire when you post.

dropthegloves 07-02-2004 01:23 PM

21 wins over a full season would be impressive

Rangers_23 07-02-2004 01:47 PM

So let me get this straight. If we don't make the playoffs in year one of the plan, the "reconstruction plan" has already failed? Brilliant.

This is exactly the type of thinking that got us into this mess. Signing aging UFAs like the Tikkanen's and Kurri's of the world has gotten us nowhere.

We are at least 3 years out of a playoff spot. Best case scenario IMO.

Firefly 07-02-2004 02:01 PM

it COULD happen, but please dont hold your breath.

kickice 07-02-2004 02:09 PM

TBH, I don't care if we make them or not. So long as we stick with the plan, and allow players like Balej, Tootin, Blackburn (fitness permitting), Pock, Murray and I hope some other young guys, to develop. If they get the ice time, and learn from their mistakes, and grow as players, then what I hope for more than anything, is for the team to progress and grow AS a team.

Playoffs are never out of the picture, as you can get on a run, and grow in confidence, anything can happen! But having a team working hard for one another, playing with pride in that blue shirt, and a team with youth, being allowed to grow together, is right now more important.

CoolDude* 07-02-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Jari Kurri??? Jari Kurri?? why? why? why? why? why????

Servo 07-02-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
Jari Kurri??? Jari Kurri?? why? why? why? why? why????

Well, we need someone to skate with Churla when he signs :)

free0717 07-02-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej=Future
I actually am hoping for a lockout....screw it. Lets face facts if there is no season all of those who were on the post season roster for hartford are eligible to play for hartford next year. I.e. we have balej, moore, ortmeyer, murray, tyutin, wiseman and all of the potential nhl'ers playing in hartford and learnign how to play together. Also they will be playing other AHL teams that resemble "JV" versions of their NHL teams. Great experience for our guys. Also our stars Jagr, Holik, and ughhhhhhhhhhhh Poti will be playing in other leagues around the world. Also lettin a year go by also allows us to let the fat be once year closer to gettin the **** out or manhattan. Hey I won't mind watching Hartford games on MSG all year. :handclap:

We are better off playing the season. The AHL is a step slower than the NHL and our young players are better off getting used to the pace. With a lockout, we will still owe the fat that many years left in there contract(ie Aleksi Yashin contract, when he sat out a year with one year left, he ended up having to give Ottawa that last year). Also we will be so terrible, we will be in the running for Sidney Crosby.
Without a season, who knows how the NHL will handle the draft order.

Potted Plant 07-02-2004 03:08 PM

I agree. We need at least an abbreviated season. As much as some people think it's appalling to say this, the best thing that can happen to this team this season is to lose just enough games to finish in last place. It's no guarantee of getting the #1, but you get about a 45% chance of it, and you get a guarantee of at least the #2 pick.

With Crosby, the rebuilding effort accelerates considerably, and we will have a young core of very good prospects and players to build around.

Broadway Brett 07-02-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I agree. We need at least an abbreviated season. As much as some people think it's appalling to say this, the best thing that can happen to this team this season is to lose just enough games to finish in last place. It's no guarantee of getting the #1, but you get about a 45% chance of it, and you get a guarantee of at least the #2 pick.

With Crosby, the rebuilding effort accelerates considerably, and we will have a young core of very good prospects and players to build around.

:bow: Couldn't have said it better myself. Great post. :bow:

RANGER#11 07-02-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

You are kidding right