HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A breakaway (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=887060)

gopreds19 03-07-2011 01:47 AM

A breakaway

When was the last time a Pred was in alone against the opposing team's net minder? I honestly can't remember. I know I can't remember the last time we would actually scored on a breakaway. But it doesn't matter who were playing, they always seem to have 2 or 3 each night against us. Tonight, Iginla capitalized by getting the PS and schooling Rinne. Rinne probably can't wait to get the hell out of here with the support he gets from people named anything but Weber/Suter.

cleangene 03-07-2011 01:59 AM

It seems that Wardo started in during a short-handed situation during the game at Edmonton, but someone caught him to stop that. I know for sure Sully had one (maybe the home game with Vancouver?) which he was stopped rather easily. The PREDS exactly don't strike fear into opponents these days if we get into a shootout either.

JohniusMaximus 03-07-2011 02:18 AM

The only recent one I remember was last year. Erat against Vancouver I believe. It happened right in front of my seat.

Yeah. That was nice. Happy memories.

I Will Son 03-07-2011 03:06 AM

Wilson against Dallas?

Broom of the System 03-07-2011 03:43 AM

Franson scored on Ellis earlier this year in the Tampa Bay game.

Joe T Choker 03-07-2011 03:48 AM

ward vs the oilers is the correct answer

token grinder 03-07-2011 10:53 AM

are you talking converted breakaway? I swear Sullivan has one failed breakaway a game when he plays

codeyh 03-07-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 31478826)
are you talking converted breakaway? I swear Sullivan has one failed breakaway a game when he plays

this.

shootthepuck 03-07-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 31478826)

If sully could convert on 50% of his breakaways he would have lead the league in goals.... However I think he is probably the worst breakaway converter in the NHL

Fortheloveofthegame 03-07-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 31476503)
Wilson against Dallas?

Yes, great pass from Ward sent him in from neutral zone. Also twice scored stealing puck from defensemen this season
I remember Fransen with a great one as well!

OpenWheel 03-08-2011 08:32 PM

Wilson is about the only guy I expect to bury a breakaway on our team. He had one last year and went five hole, and he had one this year. They'll probably be on to his five hole move now though, he may have to roof the next one. You'd think a guy who converts breakaways once in awhile would be better on the shootout than guys who never seem to convert, but he must blow them in practice or something.

I expect our other guys to stuff it right into the goalie pads and they usually do not disappoint. Although Franson's 'shades of Bobby Orr' goal was a nice one.