HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Injury Report: Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=888092)

BeBen* 03-09-2011 08:59 AM

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316296.html

Wow...i don't know what to say i hope he's going to be ok

Saying he almost ended his career doesen't seem so far off...

Habs are going to hold a press conference today to give news about it

RomanianLeafs 03-09-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeBen (Post 31529524)
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316296.html

Wow...i don't know what to say i hope he's going to be ok

Saying he almost ended his career doesen't seem so far off...

Habs are going to hold a press conference today to give news about it

can u pls translate it for me? man i hope the kid is alright i`m a leafs fan but i had tears in my eyes watching that hit, chara needs a suspension, no doubt about that..

subbanged 03-09-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs (Post 31529572)
can u pls translate it for me? man i hope the kid is alright i`m a leafs fan but i had tears in my eyes watching that hit, chara needs a suspension, no doubt about that..

I usually just use Babelfish its not great but it gets the job done

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
Not great but worth a look

Rbk 03-09-2011 09:05 AM

Severe concussion for Max Pacioretty. Neck injury. Possible fracture but that's not confirm yet.

BeBen* 03-09-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Really it just says what's in the title + the last sentence about the press conference

Charlie Milles* 03-09-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Max Pacioretty is suffering from a severe concussion and a neck injury.

The possibility that the forward has suffered a fracture is not excluded.

The Montreal team will have a press briefing today to make an assessment on the health status of No. 67.

MathMan 03-09-2011 09:07 AM

I don't want to see him in a Habs jersey again until at least September.

RomanianLeafs 03-09-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Milles (Post 31529628)
Max Pacioretty is suffering from a severe concussion and a neck injury.

The possibility that the forward has suffered a fracture is not excluded.

The Montreal team will have a press briefing today to make an assessment on the health status of No. 67.

10x a lot..

Capitano 03-09-2011 09:08 AM

I'm so disgusted by this.

WestIslander 03-09-2011 09:08 AM

I hate to say this but we might not see Pacioretty until training camp next season.

Secondly, I think that the best thing now would be to take the lead and finish 1st in the north east and in the top 3 in the conference this season.

OpenIceHit 03-09-2011 09:10 AM

I don't see why Chara would not deserve a McSorley/Bertuzzi type of suspension. Let's see if this league is a joke or not.

subbanged 03-09-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 31529637)
I don't want to see him in a Habs jersey again until at least September.

I hope we get to see him a Habs Jersey again at the same level that he was playing at, Max was a serious player this team had and if he comes back he might never be the same again

un_lavalois* 03-09-2011 09:11 AM

Only in hockey. I'm still trying to convince my cousin, who is a huge soccer fan, that hockey is not a barbarian sport. Good job Mr Campbell maybe you will react when someone uses his skate to injure your son during a hockey game.

HomaridII 03-09-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 31529664)
I hate to say this but we might not see Pacioretty until training camp next season.

Secondly, I think that the best thing now would be to take the lead and finish 1st in the north east and in the top 3 in the conference this season.

At this point, if it is as serious as they said this morning, I would prefer not to see him play this season. The kid is only 22, has a very long future ahead of him in life and in the NHL, he should focus on his health and recovering. Severe Concussions are nothing to be joking about, he could easily be out a very long time with post concussion symptoms. Look at Moore, he says he still suffers symptoms from time to time.

I stopped breathing yesterday for a second when I saw Dr. Mulder checking for a pulse. Scariest thing I've seen in 15 plus years of watching hockey.

Capitano 03-09-2011 09:12 AM

I just want Max to be ok period...his future games as a hab seems about as pointless to talk about as the 3rd period was last night.

I have been a hockey fan for a long time and this is the first time that I have thought about not following this anymore.

toronto murphy laws 03-09-2011 09:16 AM

Leafs fan here.

I can't believe what a goon Chara is. I also can't believe some are saying this was a legal hit. :shakehead

It was negligent, reckless, and late. Whether he intended to smack pax's head off the glass could be debated, but to say he didn't want to throw him into the stanchions is ignorant. The fact that it was an unwarranted hit that lead to such a devastating injury tells me that he should absolutely be reprimanded.

I really hope the league does the right thing and throws the book at Chara. He has to learn that his strength needs to be kept in check for the safety of others. I have no problem with him throwing hard clean hits but this wasn't one of them. Very scary...

One of these days Chara's gonna get a two hander to the face.

Picaroon 03-09-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitano (Post 31529728)
I just want Max to be ok period...his future games as a hab seems about as pointless to talk about as the 3rd period was last night.

I have been a hockey fan for a long time and this is the first time that I have thought about not following this anymore.

Me too. This is a defining moment for the NHL. This was a sickening act. It's time to think outside the box of a "hockey fan" and look at this as human beings. I actually cried when I watched this happen last night. I don't think I can morally support this league if they don't react properly.

Bullsmith 03-09-2011 09:17 AM

Claude Julien might as well have done this himself. Even AFTER this hit, down 4-0, he was double-shifting his fourth line and sending Lucic and Horton after Pouliot and Subban. When what happened to MaxPac doesn't phase you (I notice Chara shows zero remorse and accepts zero responsibility) you've lost your moral compass. Sadly, the league has decided they prefer thuggery to hockey.

Pax lies in a hospital bed. The Bruins sleep like babies. The NHL seems to think Matt Cooke is the best player in Pittsburgh, certainly he's the kind of player they are encouraging these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramonajams (Post 31529794)
Leafs fan here.

I can't believe what a goon Chara is. I also can't believe some are saying this was a legal hit. :shakehead

It was negligent, reckless, and late. Whether he intended to smack pax's head off the glass could be debated, but to say he didn't want to throw him into the stanchions is ignorant. The fact that it was an unwarranted hit that lead to such a devastating injury tells me that he should absolutely be reprimanded.

I really hope the league does the right thing and throws the book at Chara. He has to learn that his strength needs to be kept in check for the safety of others. I have no problem with him throwing hard clean hits but this wasn't one of them. Very scary...

One of these days Chara's gonna get a two hander to the face.

To make things even worse, this is the third straight game Chara has gone after him. Accident my butt.

McSorleyStick 03-09-2011 09:20 AM

Health is more important than sports

E = CH² 03-09-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenIceHit (Post 31529683)
I don't see why Chara would not deserve a McSorley/Bertuzzi type of suspension. Let's see if this league is a joke or not.

Breaking news : the league is a joke.

I'd be shocked if Chara got more than 3 games. That's the NHL for you.

CastroLeRobot 03-09-2011 09:22 AM

What happens next will have an impact on me as a hockey consumer and how/if I will expose my 2 y/o son to NHL hockey in the future.

A crime was committed last night on the ice. Every single person that saw it knew that right away, in their guts. The league, or the cops, need to provide justice.

I am disgusted.

coolasprICE 03-09-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E = CH² (Post 31529871)

I wish we had another league to follow.

I hope every franchise south of PA fails. I seriously want this league to fall

neofury* 03-09-2011 09:23 AM

I have to agree with people referring to the level of shock. It was scary my heart nearly stopped when I saw it. The replay especially in full speed, wow... this guy should be suspended for the rest of the season if not the playoffs too. But since he's a star player he won't be. It's ridiculous. What McSorely did was no better imo. Chara is already a star NHL defenseman and he possibly just ruined the career of a promising young forward.

If Chara gets less than 5 games and imo even 5 games is a joke, then the NHL will have an uproar because let's face it, Leafs and Habs fans run this sport. We're the reason a lot of other teams aren't closing their doors. We do have a good amount of power despite what people thing, as fans and as an organization. I can't see this ending well for Campbell or the league if Chara isn't punished accordingly, which I know he likely won't be. (PS I know Campbell isn't the one doing the judgment, but it's just one thing after another because he's **** at doing his job)

If this happened to say MacArthur, you can be sure it would be just as big a deal. Heck I'd even be pissed if I saw this happen to a Boston player let alone one of my own. It was a ****** thing Chara did and if the league doesn't punish him I have a gut feeling our team will, by eliminating them out of the playoffs.

Boston just sealed their own fate. Remember Zednick.

If the league would suspend people for as long as the player was out to the maximum of 82 games + playoffs, anything more than that would be you're kicked out of the NHL anyways, they'd see guys like Cooke wouldn't be little *****es and do dirty hits anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot (Post 31529915)
What happens next will have an impact on me as a hockey consumer and how/if I will expose my 2 y/o son to NHL hockey in the future.

A crime was committed last night on the ice. Every single person that saw it knew that right away, in their guts. The league, or the cops, need to provide justice.

I am disgusted.

Yeah it really is that bad. I can't believe some people actually support what Chara did or say it was an accident. Every player knows how dangerous that section of the boards can be. Chara deliberately went after him and everybody knows it. I'm a firm believer that we shouldn't fill our roster up with thugs to send a message but man.... it makes you wonder if Chara would've done that had he had to answer to a guy like Boogard.(sp?)

PyrettaBlaze* 03-09-2011 09:23 AM

Horrible news... The fact that Chara is only scheduled for a phone hearing (less than 5 games suspension) makes me absolutely livid. What a bush league. Unreal.

Aznrx8 03-09-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E = CH² (Post 31529871)

I'm with you i think it's in the 3 games range also. The league is a real joke.
They are going to base it on the hit by Orpik to Cole that broke his neck and that was 3 games so i wouldn't be surprise that they gave something similar....:shakehead