HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=888152)

Born in 1909 03-09-2011 11:28 AM

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

PROTEST INFORMATION

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195628350459031

Tuesday, March 15 6:00pm - 10:00pm @ the Bell Centre

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously.

With the behavior of Bruin players this season, I truly fear for the safety of our players at this point.

Come on Molsons.

Pull the plug on the next game.

Make a REAL STATEMENT

Thoughts?

Edit by overlords: Here's the list of information we have so far.

NHL Sponsors :

Air Canada : media@aircanada.ca
Molson Coors : mcbcmedia@molsoncoors.com
Ford : https://secure.corporate.ford.com/fo...Topic=flmowner (can't find a straight email, this is their question/comment form)
Visa : askvisacanada@visa.com
Tim Hortons : customer_service@timhortons.com
Reebok : http://www.reebok.com/US/customer-service/contact-us
Canadian Tire : http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/co...34374303522191

Prime Minister Stephen Harper : pm@pm.gc.ca
Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff: Ignatieff.M@parl.gc.ca
Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe: Duceppe.G@parl.gc.ca
NPD leader Jack Layton : Layton.J@parl.gc.ca

Example of Draft letters I could get my hands on:

--------

To Air Canada,

I am e-mailing you to thank you for taking a courageous stand against the NHL's recent failures to police itself properly, specifically as it pertains to the complete lack of supplementary discipline for Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty.

I ask you to remain consistent with that stand and to pull out of your sponsorship deal with the NHL if they do not rescind their decision to not suspend Zdeno Chara within the next 48 hours.

It is important for the sport that Canadians love from coast to coast to be seen as one that is safe for kids to play in, and to grow up to be professional players in should they have the desire to do so.

To that end, I fully support you in continuing to put pressure on the NHL to better police itself.

Thank you,

<Insert Name Here>

---------

To <Insert Company Name Here>,

Recent actions by the NHL's head offices leave me questioning your decision to be associated with the NHL through a sponsorship deal. The NHL has shown a lack of concern over the safety of its own players, which I hope does not reflect your own views on occupational health and safety.

I ask that you pull out of your sponsorship deal with the NHL, as Air Canada has recently threatened to do themselves. Otherwise, you may lose me as a customer.

Thank you for your time,

<Insert Name Here>

---------

Dear Mr. Ignatieff,

I am sending you this e-mail to applaud your courageous stand on the NHL's appalling lack of supplementary discipline over the Zdeno Chara hit on Max Pacioretty.

I greatly appreciate and thank you for quickly moving on this issue as many Canadians are passionate about hockey, and want to see a good clean and safe sport to play in.

I agree with you that head-shots are getting out of control in the NHL, and that the NHL needs to start doing something about it. If they don't, I fully support you in any efforts you make to have Parliament take action on this file.

Again, thank you!

--------

Dear

I am writing concerning your involvement with the NHL.

As a hockey fan, I am profoundly saddened by the direction that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and league disciplinarian Colin Campbell are taking the game I love. Their stubborn attempts to transplant the game into markets traditionally dominated by football, baseball or basketball, has been characterized by violence-themed publicity campaigns, and it now seems that for every new, informed hockey fan, there are a dozen bloodthirsty louts.

Pandering to this group, the league has been dangerously negligent in punishing players whose reckless play has caused serious injuries.

I point to a March 8 game, in which Boston player Zdeno Chara checked Montreal player Max Pacioretty into a stanchion. Pacioretty suffered a severe concussion and fractured vertebrae. Chara was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for the foul, but after review the NHL disciplinary committee elected not to impose any suspension, fine, or other punishment. Chara can suit up for Boston's next game. Pacioretty, 22, may never play hockey again. There are many other examples of insufficient punishment for on-ice violence causing serious injury this season. I am deeply disappointed at the message this sends to NHL players, fans, and the millions of children playing hockey.

I can no longer bear to watch my beautiful game being transformed into something ugly. And so, as long as Bettman & Campbell are running the league, I will avoid all products and services associated with NHL sponsors such as yourself. This is not because I am angry at your company, it is because I believe Bettman & Campbell like money much more than they like hockey, and this is the only statement they might understand.

Sincerely,

Fel 96 03-09-2011 11:30 AM

Hell No...

Bullsmith 03-09-2011 11:30 AM

Yes, they should.

bhuya71 03-09-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born in 1909 (Post 31532589)
Seriously.

With the behavior of Bruin players this season, I truly fear for the safety of our players at this point.

Come on Molsons.

Pull the plug on the next game.

Make a REAL STATEMENT

Thoughts?

Thats seriously VERY EXTREME...however I like it

the league WOULD HAVE to take notice and especially since we are in such a tight race it would send a global message

this could make worldwide news especially since safety is such an issue nowadays

this would garner a lot of attention i really like the idea...extreme for sure but just as effective

ILUVTHISGAME 03-09-2011 11:32 AM

I believe that Chara should be banned from the Bell Centre (or wherever the Habs call home)

The Habs will get those 2 points on March 24 in a truly spectacular game that will finally get them the respect they truly deserve.... (yeah... I know, I'm dreaming about the respect part!)

GOHABSGO

That Habs Fan 03-09-2011 11:33 AM

Call up Conboy

Tell him to go *******

He probably wouldn't have held down a nhl spot so he can afford to be suspended for life.

Stjonnypopo 03-09-2011 11:34 AM

Oh man, imagine the fine the NHL would give Montreal.

If there's one thing Bettman hates it's when people force his hand. They would put a spin on it to make it seem like Montreal is a bunch of wimps and Boston is in the right for supporting their player.

It would be cool if something like this happened but I doubt it ever would.

Also, how much money would they be losing by forfeiting the game? It would probably be in the millions.

shamrun 03-09-2011 11:35 AM

I like the idea, but the habs would not do such a thing. I think people who watch this incident and find some sort of enjoyment from this are the same that watch nascar and dont care who comes in first place. If there is a petition ill gladly sign because this sort thing is just disgusting.

WeThreeKings 03-09-2011 11:35 AM

Why don't the fans just organize standing outside of the Bell Centre in protest?

If the leagues biggest market, loudest building, is empty. That would send a pretty big message.

That Habs Fan 03-09-2011 11:38 AM

MaxPac was easily our most promising forward prospect as of this year

The powerforward we had been longing for for years

Lucy....I'm home

hogtownhabsfan* 03-09-2011 11:38 AM

Hell yes.

King Woodballs 03-09-2011 11:39 AM

how about beat them... win the division.... and beat them in the playoffs

Habsbullet 03-09-2011 11:40 AM

********, there shouldn't be any protest or forfeit of the game. We are caught in a bad break and will have to move on without Patches. I hope he recovers fast and be back in Habs uniform next season.

Habs 4 Life 03-09-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 31532865)

and never see Patches play hockey again. I think his life is more important right now then us beating boston, couldn't care less about the game in 2 weeks or the playoffs. We have been beating them for 100 years, we don't have anything to prove especially to them

Capitano 03-09-2011 11:43 AM

I would, yes.

TomPlex 03-09-2011 11:43 AM

I say yes.

Habs 4 Life 03-09-2011 11:44 AM

Enough With The Revenge Talk Please

Habsbullet 03-09-2011 11:44 AM

There also shouldn't be any talk of intentionally go hunting down bruins' rookies or good players. There is something called having respect for our opponents and thinking about this childish talk of revenge is unprofessional. Chara is a hard competitor and made a terrible play. I would want to believe that he did not intend for that to happen.

WeThreeKings 03-09-2011 11:44 AM

Is there a way to start a movement?

Send letters to the NHL and the Canadiens organization?

Frankenheimer 03-09-2011 11:47 AM

I think they should. The league is going in the wrong direction. Make a poll.

SergeConstantin74 03-09-2011 11:47 AM

Just seeing the way Lucic and Horton acted after the hit, it's clear it didn't affect them at all.

Forfeiting a game is an extreme mesure but I think not doing anything would be worst.

I agree.

HF-Addict 03-09-2011 11:48 AM

Would br nice if the orgsnization did that, however they should begin by speaking out on this digusting act but they wont even do that cause they dont want to lose their kids money. Speak out goddammit stop your ****ing passiive approach, that where it has gotten us, a kid seeing his career potentially ruined.

hogtownhabsfan* 03-09-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

How many guys have to nearly die before we can protest? **** that.

Patccmoi 03-09-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

This changes what? Nothing. They will do the same freaking thing. We will beat them up at hockey, they will do their best to take one of our players out. They are gutless goons with absolutely 0 respect for the sport.

What Chara did yesterday was criminal, no matter what his intentions were. NO MATTER. The action he did was deliberate (it's not as if he was falling and his skate cut someone that he could not control, or that Pacioretty was engaged willingly in a fight with him and took a bad punch), and the league is going to do nothing, or nothing that matters anyway.

I think there seriously need to be something serious done about it. And it sure as hell won't come from the league. A protest would be a start. While the league would likely fine the Habs something fierce and we would look like a bunch of wimps across the league I don't care, the original idea is not bad either because it would make national news in USA and Canada for sure.

Sending goons on the ice, beating the Bruins at hockey, nothing changes anything. They cannot play on the same ice as us and so they just try to kill someone or pummel someone. They likely took out our first real Power Forward in the last decade and NOTHING right now is encouraging and saying that he will play at a good level again. Nothing.

I wish our organisation had balls in this matter, but I don't expect anything. I wish fans will do something though. I don't know what the players can do.

pc_md 03-09-2011 11:50 AM

Overreacting never helps any debate.

So of course not.