HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=888631)

walker33 03-09-2011 08:56 PM

C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)
 
This kid is an actual phenom. Hes a 97' playing for the 96' toronto marlboros AAA (best team in North America) and hes there best player. I bet he will get exceptional status next season simply because he is already dominating at a year up age group. He amazing. heres a link from game 7 of the gthl playoffs.

http://vimeo.com/20658514

uncleben85 03-09-2011 10:57 PM

whatd that be? 2015 eligibility?

Gobo 03-09-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleben85 (Post 31555095)
whatd that be? 2015 eligibility?

Think so.

Kritty 03-10-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker33 (Post 31550293)
This kid is an actual phenom. Hes a 97' playing for the 96' toronto marlboros AAA (best team in North America) and hes there best player. I bet he will get exceptional status next season simply because he is already dominating at a year up age group. He amazing. heres a link from game 7 of the gthl playoffs.

http://vimeo.com/20658514

So just because he is playing 1 year up he should get exceptional status? What are his stats? Have you compared them to Tavares, Stamkos, and even guys like Sam Gagner and those types that dominated AAA midget. You're talking about a kid in bantam. Let's see him when he gets up against bigger, faster midget kids and then decide if he's a phenom.

And as a sidebar, there have been a number of kids who have played up 2-3 years above them, not just one. Crosby played jr. A when he was 15, might even have been 14 if I remember correctly. If you're calling someone exceptional, it needs to be more than a 1 year jump in my books. That happens all the time.

AwesomePanthers 03-10-2011 08:34 AM

I thought the goaltender in white looked great, maybe except for the OT goal.

walker33 03-10-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 31560050)
So just because he is playing 1 year up he should get exceptional status? What are his stats? Have you compared them to Tavares, Stamkos, and even guys like Sam Gagner and those types that dominated AAA midget. You're talking about a kid in bantam. Let's see him when he gets up against bigger, faster midget kids and then decide if he's a phenom.

And as a sidebar, there have been a number of kids who have played up 2-3 years above them, not just one. Crosby played jr. A when he was 15, might even have been 14 if I remember correctly. If you're calling someone exceptional, it needs to be more than a 1 year jump in my books. That happens all the time.

Im not saying hes a crosby he plays a ton like duchene did at the same age. The kid is playing a year up and dominating and the only stats i could find were from a tournament win where his team dominated and he led the way with 8 points in one game. Statistically who knows but talent wise this kid screams number 1 pick in the OHL draft for the 97 birth year or even next season. He will never ever play major midget because in ontario major midget is a wash. All the best kids are gone to OHL or tier 2. He will probably play two years of minor midget where he will absolutkley dominate.

Tigers1992 03-10-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 31560050)
So just because he is playing 1 year up he should get exceptional status? What are his stats? Have you compared them to Tavares, Stamkos, and even guys like Sam Gagner and those types that dominated AAA midget. You're talking about a kid in bantam. Let's see him when he gets up against bigger, faster midget kids and then decide if he's a phenom.

And as a sidebar, there have been a number of kids who have played up 2-3 years above them, not just one. Crosby played jr. A when he was 15, might even have been 14 if I remember correctly. If you're calling someone exceptional, it needs to be more than a 1 year jump in my books. That happens all the time.

The issue with ontario is that players are not allowed to play in JrA or tier two if they are under the age of 15. Its a new development model that was made in 2003. Gagner and Stamkos never played in JrA, because they where not allowed. Midget AAA in Ontario is very different and watered down, it would do them nothing in terms of development. Tavaras did the same thing as McDavid is doing, playing a year up. They can play for a JrA team once their club team's season is over, but that is limited to 10-15 games.

Do i think that McDavid is at the same level as others? Way to early to call, but I like what I have seen in limited viewings. This time next year we will know much more.

Garyboy 03-10-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker33 (Post 31550293)
This kid is an actual phenom. Hes a 97' playing for the 96' toronto marlboros AAA (best team in North America) .
http://vimeo.com/20658514

The Mississauga Rebels would strongly disagree. Thanks for the video.

walker33 03-10-2011 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Garyboy;31570554]The Mississauga Rebels would strongly disagree. Thanks for the video.[/QU

Was the finals not Vaughn vs Marlboros?

stamkosisboss 03-10-2011 08:27 PM

He looks like the next exceptional OHL player!

Tigers1992 03-10-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker33 (Post 31579610)

Was the finals not Vaughn vs Marlboros?

Nope, that was the Semi's. Finals start tonight

Garyboy 03-11-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker33 (Post 31579610)
Was the finals not Vaughn vs Marlboros?

Rebels/Marlies final. Rebels ranked #1 in Ontario. Should be a great series.

walker33 03-11-2011 10:10 PM

scary thing is what if bennett and mcdavid still played for the 97 express..imagine that team

Breakfast of Champs 03-11-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker33 (Post 31550293)
This kid is an actual phenom. Hes a 97' playing for the 96' toronto marlboros AAA (best team in North America) and hes there best player. I bet he will get exceptional status next season simply because he is already dominating at a year up age group. He amazing. heres a link from game 7 of the gthl playoffs.

http://vimeo.com/20658514

We're talking about exceptional status into midget a year underaged right?

walker33 05-11-2011 09:31 PM

He also layed minor midget this season and he is a 97 he helped the minor midgets win gold in the gthl playoffs...hes a beast

Breakfast of Champs 05-11-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker33 (Post 32993666)
He also layed minor midget this season and he is a 97 he helped the minor midgets win gold in the gthl playoffs...hes a beast

so is it safe to say he will be playing midget next season?

Tigers1992 05-11-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnman10 (Post 32994205)
so is it safe to say he will be playing midget next season?

Minor Midget. In Ontario players need to play Minor Midget if they are born in a certain year.

This year will be 96, and McDavid as a 97 will play with the 96's.

Breakfast of Champs 05-11-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 32994353)
Minor Midget. In Ontario players need to play Minor Midget if they are born in a certain year.

This year will be 96, and McDavid as a 97 will play with the 96's.

what would you say are realistic expectations for him next season being an underager in minor midget? Also, will there be any other players who are 97 born in the league?

Tigers1992 05-11-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnman10 (Post 32994427)
what would you say are realistic expectations for him next season being an underager in minor midget? Also, will there be any other players who are 97 born in the league?

I dont think so. He has always played up a year. It will be like another year for him.

From a skill standpoint he is one of the top players as a 97 against 96's.

I am not sure about what 97s will play up, i have not seen next years rosters.

Usually every year there is 5-6 underaged players playing a year up. This year the 96's playing with the 95's full time where Josh Ho-Sang (Toronto Marlboros), Jon Duchesne (Toronot Marlboros), Brock Hiddick (Elgin Middlesex Chiefs), Aaron Ekblad (Sun County Panthers) and Brett Hargrave (North Bay Trappers).

walker33 08-12-2011 05:40 AM

Whats the status on this kid...or minor midget for next year I have heard that him and sam bennett tried to jump ship and come back to YSE and that Duschene went to the vaughn kings...

Pick Six 08-12-2011 10:42 AM

Another reason why I love the GTHL playoffs. That is vintage GTHL, celes and all. Such a high level of play as well, considering almost all those players would be at least 14 years old. Can't wait to see McDavid next year, should be interesting to see how he compares to say a Ho Sang who played up all of last year.

As for the post above me, I'm not sure about the two kids you've talked about. But I'm pretty sure I heard Hiddick was coming to the GTHL to play for Vaughn.

NHL Fanatic 08-12-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pick Six (Post 35872065)
Another reason why I love the GTHL playoffs. That is vintage GTHL, celes and all. Such a high level of play as well, considering almost all those players would be at least 14 years old. Can't wait to see McDavid next year, should be interesting to see how he compares to say a Ho Sang who played up all of last year.

As for the post above me, I'm not sure about the two kids you've talked about. But I'm pretty sure I heard Hiddick was coming to the GTHL to play for Vaughn.

I believe McDavid will be playing for the Marlboros with Ho-sang. He is a very good player but he is still small and the fact that Ekblad just got exceptional status he will probably be playing two years of minor midget.

Alberta tough 01-18-2012 02:38 PM

Just read an article in THN about McDavid and Ho-Sang these kid's sound very special.
In the article it suggest McDavid will apply for special exception status for the upcoming OHL draft.

scoutman1 01-18-2012 03:19 PM

i been talking about the kid for sometime he is amazing...fast skater, amazing hands and creativity with the puck, great playmaker and excelletn goal scorer, he can bring people out of there seats to say wow.

Tigers1992 01-18-2012 03:28 PM

Ive been lucky enough to see Connor play between 20-30 games this year, If he doesnt get exceptional status, it wont have anything to do with his skills or abilities, id argue hes right up there with the Ho-Sang's.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.