HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hey Glen..Wake up..its time to fill out your roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88933)

jdsrangers 07-04-2004 10:31 AM

Hey Glen..Wake up..its time to fill out your roster
 
Sather better start looking for players to be on our NHL roster. Other east coast teams are setting thier rosters we are not doing a thing.

We don't need Kariya, Demitra, Selanne,Palffy, Bondra, Hull, Chelios and the rest of the Big $$ past their prime players.

I feel we should be making an offer to guys(that work hard each game) like Mike Knuble and Turner Stevenson (the Flyers got 'em both)..I guess we don't need any Big RW's on our team. Next up is Conroy & Roston..these guys will be long gone by the time Sather makes an offer!! :dunno:

Last years season ending roster needs plenty of NHL--hard workers needed to give us a team that can win some games. We have the start of a good farm system but in order to compete we need Sather to forget the "Name" players and get us some players that give 100% each shift to set an example for the "kids" to follow! :teach:

Sather needs to get moving before all the "hard workers" are gone & only the over-the-hill gang remains!! :banghead:

Prucha73 07-04-2004 10:58 AM

What about Glen Murray? I think he could complement Jagr well. Can he play LW?

Also Dean McCammond.

Rolston would probably be my top choice if Demitra doesn't want to come here.

kiwikid 07-04-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsrangers
Sather better start looking for players to be on our NHL roster. Other east coast teams are setting thier rosters we are not doing a thing.

We don't need Kariya, Demitra, Selanne,Palffy, Bondra, Hull, Chelios and the rest of the Big $$ past their prime players.

I feel we should be making an offer to guys(that work hard each game) like Mike Knuble and Turner Stevenson (the Flyers got 'em both)..I guess we don't need any Big RW's on our team. Next up is Conroy & Roston..these guys will be long gone by the time Sather makes an offer!! :dunno:

Last years season ending roster needs plenty of NHL--hard workers needed to give us a team that can win some games. We have the start of a good farm system but in order to compete we need Sather to forget the "Name" players and get us some players that give 100% each shift to set an example for the "kids" to follow! :teach:

Sather needs to get moving before all the "hard workers" are gone & only the over-the-hill gang remains!! :banghead:

Am I the only one who thinks that before a free agent signs with a team he would like to have some idea who the coach is????

Janerixon 07-04-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwikid
Am I the only one who thinks that before a free agent signs with a team he would like to have some idea who the coach is????

Kiwi
i agree with you on this one, if im conroy and im coming from a team that almost won the cup, id at least want to know who is going to try and lead this ship to respectability

but for all we (the fans) know sather may have already decided on his coach and it hasnt been announced or the deal is waiting to be signed due to the impending lockout

but i think sather should announce if a deal has been figured out or just get working because we desperately need a top line center, we could use a top 6 left winger, an enforcer and a veteran d-man

so time to get busy

Prucha73 07-04-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
Kiwi
i agree with you on this one, if im conroy and im coming from a team that almost won the cup, id at least want to know who is going to try and lead this ship to respectability


But then again how much do most players know about coaches like Renney or McGill?

klingsor 07-04-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
But then again how much do most players know about coaches like Renney or McGill?

I guess they could talk to guys who've played for them.

Of course, until someone is named the only reason to sign with the Rangers is the usual: $$$$$. A fat lot of good that's done us.

Theoren Fan 07-04-2004 11:27 AM

Nobody's going to want to sign with a rebuilding team that doesn't even have a coach.

Dantes19 07-04-2004 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Nobody's going to want to sign with a rebuilding team that doesn't even have a coach.

AMEN...

CoolDude* 07-04-2004 06:37 PM

If players will sign with Chicago,they'll sign with any team.

Balej20* 07-04-2004 07:55 PM

If the money is their, they will come. And who knows, some players want to live in NY, some players may not want too much pressure and with the Rangers rebuilding, there really is no pressure to perform skill wise, just intelligence wise and leadership.

little a from da bx 07-05-2004 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsrangers
Sather better start looking for players to be on our NHL roster. Other east coast teams are setting thier rosters we are not doing a thing.

We don't need Kariya, Demitra, Selanne,Palffy, Bondra, Hull, Chelios and the rest of the Big $$ past their prime players.

I feel we should be making an offer to guys(that work hard each game) like Mike Knuble and Turner Stevenson (the Flyers got 'em both)..I guess we don't need any Big RW's on our team. Next up is Conroy & Roston..these guys will be long gone by the time Sather makes an offer!! :dunno:

Last years season ending roster needs plenty of NHL--hard workers needed to give us a team that can win some games. We have the start of a good farm system but in order to compete we need Sather to forget the "Name" players and get us some players that give 100% each shift to set an example for the "kids" to follow! :teach:

Sather needs to get moving before all the "hard workers" are gone & only the over-the-hill gang remains!! :banghead:

if u read my thread " what is ather waiting for" u posted the samthing i said so i fully agree with your statements

truewithoutclue 07-05-2004 07:18 AM

Why should he fill out his roster when it would only hurt his chance to get one of the greatest prospects to come out since Lemieux in Crosby?

donpaulo 07-05-2004 08:22 AM

I think there is no rush to "fill out the roster" so its not surprising that the rangers haven't signed anyone. It may quite likely be that slats has put out a few lowball offers that agents are balking at. Perhaps when they look around at the alternatives they will see sense and sign. This is what some on tsn and other places in the "know" are suggesting.
So don't sweat it if the blueshirts haven't signed anyone yet. Especially if a team can pick up a Bonk type player for a lousy 3rd or 4th round pick. Plenty of time. Its not as if the rangers are expected to actually play winning hockey next year, so why now the rush ? just cause us fans are jonesin for some action doesn't mean the rags have to follow suit.
Besides as many of us on this site have already discussed to death, we are hoping for a youth movement so slats doesn't need to go out and sign depth type players. The rangers need a top line C (conroy-demitra) and LW (rucinsky-perhaps rolston) and a top minutes dman (matvichuk) and thats about it as far as I am concerned.
About the crosby thing, I seriously doubt the rangers will stink so bad as to become a lottery team. Caps, Bluejackets, Hurricanes, Coyotes and quite likely Boston may fill those slots. That is if the B's cheapskate themselves into a last place overall finish.

DarthSather99 07-05-2004 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
What about Glen Murray? I think he could complement Jagr well. Can he play LW?

Also Dean McCammond.

Rolston would probably be my top choice if Demitra doesn't want to come here.


I'd love a Glen Murray, great for providing leadership for our youth. would he be willing to end his career helping the Rangers guide their youth?

Balej20* 07-05-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I'd love a Glen Murray, great for providing leadership for our youth. would he be willing to end his career helping the Rangers guide their youth?

I wish, problem is, he is a RW...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.