HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Post Game Talk: #68: San Jose Sharks vs Vancouver Canucks | 7:30 PST | CSN-CA(HD) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=889515)

Kitten Mittons 03-11-2011 02:13 AM

#68: San Jose Sharks vs Vancouver Canucks | 7:30 PST | CSN-CA(HD)

Let's continue.

Matt Irwin.

SactoShork 03-11-2011 02:15 AM

Hahahha..

Might have to burn my credit card and leave the country, after the server traffic from that GDT.

:help:

Oh sorry..

http://circlingthewagon.files.wordpr...7570.jpg?w=840

Kitten Mittons 03-11-2011 02:20 AM

I am putting this on my Visa card.

hittes petr sykora 03-11-2011 02:26 AM

Best game I've ever seen.

SactoShork 03-11-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidhye (Post 31588677)
I am putting this on my Visa card.

Make sure you get miles... You can go see "The GreatEST One" in person.

The Nemesis 03-11-2011 02:30 AM

Sadly I can't say I ever played with or went to school with the great Shark farmhand Matt Irwin.

I did however go to school with ex-Canucks farmhand Matt Pope, who was a bit of a jerk.

Minicoop831 03-11-2011 02:31 AM

Too bad they deserved better, tank was absolutely rocking. That was some awesome hockey

But mitchy man WTF do that **** more often please!!

SactoShork 03-11-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heeheex2 (Post 31588752)
Best game I've ever seen.

Yeah? I thought it was pretty awesome too. I don't take it hard losing in a shootout, so I was pretty stoked on the game too.

And, I cannot stand discussing reffing, missed or bad calls. I just don't care.. It's just part of the game. And that's what I thought was great about this game. Both teams played through whatever calls happened, and it went down to the wire.

Karl with a C 03-11-2011 02:33 AM

One of the best regular season hockey games I've seen. I watched it with 2 friends and we just LOST it on Mitchell's and then Clowe's second goal.

The Nemesis 03-11-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minicoop831 (Post 31588813)
Too bad they deserved better, tank was absolutely rocking. That was some awesome hockey

But mitchy man WTF do that **** more often please!!

He can't. Channeling Mario Lemieux is so taxing that can only do it for about 20 seconds at a time every 3 years.

monster_bertuzzi 03-11-2011 02:34 AM

Coming in peace...

I have never in all of my years of watching the NHL seen a building so electric in the regular season, hats off to the Shark fans. What a game.

NorCalJen 03-11-2011 02:34 AM

This thread has a serious lack of *****ing about Wallin... He's the only one/thing I'm mad about.

ChubbChubby 03-11-2011 02:37 AM

I had my say in the first topic. He has the skillsets of a borderline NHLer and would probably be playing in the AHL or worse right now if not for his gigantic contract and DW's ego.

polmaniac932 03-11-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalJen (Post 31588849)
This thread has a serious lack of *****ing about Wallin... He's the only one/thing I'm mad about.

He was such a ****-stain on this great game that I couldn't help but laugh at his ridiculous plays on the puck. Can someone PLEASE make a GIF of McLellan's reaction to Wallin's icing at the end of the 3rd? Priceless.

NorCalJen 03-11-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbs (Post 31588886)
I had my say in the first topic. He has the skillsets of a borderline NHLer and would probably be playing in the AHL or worse right now if not for his gigantic contract and DW's ego.

Not to mention little or no sense. Hockey or otherwise apparently.

Jesus Toews* 03-11-2011 02:42 AM

If he plays a minute in the playoffs I will lose my mind. Braun is miles ahead of him.

The Nemesis 03-11-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbs (Post 31588886)

SCENE - interior, Doug Wilson's office

*Wallin enters, stage left.*

Wallin: "You wanted to see me Doug?"

Wilson: "Yeah. Nic, look. I know you're trying, but it's just not working out. I'm gonna have to send you down to the minors."

Wallin: "Well, if you think that's best. By the way, have you seen this? *pulls Stanley Cup ring out of his pocket* I got it in Carolina. Look. Isn't it sparkly? Makes you want one, no?"

Wilson: "Oooooh, shiny...... Wait, what were we talking about again?"

Wallin: "You were telling me all about this great burger place you know."

Wilson: "Oh ye- yeah. Right. Well, my secretary has the address. Make sure to ask her on the way out. Good game Nic. See you tomorrow."

*Wallin exits, stage left. Doug Wilson sits at his desk.*

Wilson: "Wow, it certainly was shiny."

FIN.

Tkachuk4MVP 03-11-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalJen (Post 31588849)

Hey, we're trying to stay positive here.

Chairman Mallard 03-11-2011 02:46 AM

Well I'm finally home.

What. A. Game.

Not even that mad that the Sharks lost in the shootout, chalk it up to their horrid PP.

Thoughts.

Wallin you suck. Every shift you suck. In a season of fail, tonight was your peak.

What an Atmosphere. I haven't got to go to a game in a while, and this was one amazing game.

This game right here shows why Hockey is the greatest sport on Earth.

SactoShork 03-11-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi (Post 31588842)
Coming in peace...

I have never in all of my years of watching the NHL seen a building so electric in the regular season, hats off to the Shark fans. What a game.

Cheers to that compliment to the SJ crowd (even though i was many miles away, i was keeping the neighbors on alert).

btw..

http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=1041...ine=1216531795 + "Coming in peace..." = :laugh:

Tkachuk4MVP 03-11-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnstyles (Post 31588939)
If he plays a minute in the playoffs I will lose my mind. Braun is miles ahead of him.

I said it in the GDT, but it's a bad omen that he was given any PT at all in OT with how horrible he was playing. Makes me think he will be in the lineup no matter what as long as he's not injured.

Kitten Mittons 03-11-2011 02:49 AM

Wallin will be waived once Huskins is back.

Boyle-Murray
Vlasic-Demers
White-Huskins
Braun

Boom shakalaka

Blades of Glory 03-11-2011 02:52 AM

Wallin played the worst game that I have ever seen from an NHL defenseman. I am not exaggerating. He has no business being on the ice during an NHL game. My guess is that management and the coaches know that, but that DW, among others, doesn't want to bench a veteran who waived his NTC to come here.

What a game. It's a shame that a game like that didn't end in a tie. Vancouver is the best team in hockey, and the Sharks showed why they are still among the very elite teams in the league. Tonight showed that the Sharks have perseverance, which they haven't always had. Everything was going against them. They played a dominant team, had brutal officiating directly lead to 2 Vancouver goals, faced a goalie that was incredible, and came from behind three times to get to OT, which they dominated beyond belief. Two great teams and a great game.

ProstheticConscience 03-11-2011 02:53 AM

What a brilliant game. The shootout was almost a letdown.

Really hoping our guys meet up with yours in the playoffs. If this game was any indication, that would be an absolutely epic series.

Great fans in the building too, btw. Just a bit different than Phoenix, where Canucks fans were just about the only ones there. ;)

Linkster 03-11-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 31588957)
SCENE - interior, Doug Wilson's office

*Wallin enters, stage left.*

Wallin: "You wanted to see me Doug?"

Wilson: "Yeah. Nic, look. I know you're trying, but it's just not working out. I'm gonna have to send you down to the minors."

Wallin: "Well, if you think that's best. By the way, have you seen this? *pulls Stanley Cup ring out of his pocket* I got it in Carolina. Look. Isn't it sparkly? Makes you want one, no?"

Wilson: "Oooooh, shiny...... Wait, what were we talking about again?"

Wallin: "You were telling me all about this great burger place you know."

Wilson: "Oh ye- yeah. Right. Well, my secretary has the address. Make sure to ask her on the way out. Good game Nic. See you tomorrow."

*Wallin exits, stage left. Doug Wilson sits at his desk.*

Wilson: "Wow, it certainly was shiny."

FIN.

:darth:

"These are not the hamburgers you're looking for... Wallin can go on about his business..."

:handclap: