HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Russia at the 2011 World Championship (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=889876)

MaxV 03-11-2011 04:58 PM

Russia at the 2011 World Championship

Maybe it's time to change this thread to 2011 World Championship thread.

It's a bit early to guess now, but I would like to see which Russian players you guys think will be there.

I would think Radulov, Grigorenko, Morozov, Zaripov, Nikulin, Barulin and Koshechkin should all be there.

kiluj 03-11-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxV (Post 31600814)

It's a bit early to guess now, but I would like to see which Russian players you guys think will be there.

I would think Radulov, Grigorenko, Morozov, Zaripov, Nikulin, Barulin and Koshechkin should all be there.

Mozyakin (Atlant)
Perezhogin, Kuryanov (Avangard)
Someone from Galimov-Churilov-Kalyanin line (Loko)
Atyushov (MMg)
Maybe Zinoviev (Salavat)
Maybe Afinogenov (SKA)
I don't want to see Emelin.

Systemfel 03-11-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxV (Post 31600814)

Or maybe just make a new one. (I fixed it for you. :) Also copied it to the International board for good measure, heh heh.)

Mathradio 03-11-2011 08:30 PM

Maybe Korneyev as well

MaxV 03-12-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks, Systemfel.

I'm really hoping Kuznetsov gets a shot, but I'm fairly certain it won't happen.

Pushkin 03-12-2011 12:41 PM

Actually Kuznetsov will be there 100%!

pouskin74* 03-12-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushkin (Post 31616582)
Actually Kuznetsov will be there 100%!

there is no 100% of certainty in our world, especially when we talking about sport!

Pushkin 03-12-2011 03:02 PM

I agree I just mean that if he's available and healthy he will be there...

Hockeysemin 03-12-2011 06:06 PM

would be funny if they make a rookie line with kuznetsov-burmistrov-tarasenko :) it would be a lot of fun to watch. but sadly i can't see Bykov do it. i don't even think that Kuznetsov will make the team (sadly)

MaxV 03-12-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushkin (Post 31619383)
I agree I just mean that if he's available and healthy he will be there...

Acctually, judging by the following quote from Bykov, Kuznetsov's chances are very slim:

Quote:

Im pleased with the debut of a 18-year-old Kuznetsov. Zhenya did his best, gained points. But somewhere he was clicked on the nose.
He was given to understand that the Euro Tour is not the World Youth Championship. Here, some errors are punished immediately with the puck in your net. The talent of Kuznetsov is obvious. If he keeps on working properly, hell become a great master its not beyond his powers. However we have a great competition inside the team to win the place in the squad to play in Slovakia. Im not a supporter of big jumps. In case of young gifted players its important to achieve the goal with confidence, step by step. Furthermore, the fact that the team of Kuznetsov will not play in play-offs, is not an advantage for Kuznetsov. He retains without match practice. But in any case, nobody puts the cross on the prospects of Kuznetsov.
http://english.sport-express.ru/summary/1_6042/

Pushkin 03-13-2011 07:23 AM

Well actually Bykov's right on this one...2Months+ without playing isn't very good.
But if he's going to take just one guy in that situation it might be him.

cska78 03-13-2011 11:19 AM

Kuznetsov is playing in the MHL PO's right now

Pushkin 03-13-2011 11:46 AM

Since the last poster is always posting anti-Russia comments lets remind him that the last 3 years Russia won GOLD GOLD SILVER!!!

MaxV 03-13-2011 02:40 PM

My early guess at the roster:

Kovalchuk - F. Fedorov - Afinogenov
- Kovy and Max had good chemistry together last year. They were actually the only Russian line that had any kind of success vs. Canada in the Olympics. They accounted for one of Russia's goals and were on the ice for none of the Canada's goals. I was considering several centers to put on this line. My favorite is Fedor Fedorov. He's big, defensively-responsible and could be very productive on this line.
Radulov - Grigorenko - Kulemin
- Radulov and Grigs are money together. Kulemin could be productive on any line, but these 3 players together could really cause chaos for opponents.
Zaripov - Anisimov - Morozov
- I thought about reuniting ZZM, but they didn't look good together at the OG imo. Zinoviev looks finished. Anisimov is a defensively-responsible center with good skills that could work well on this line imo.
Mozyakin - Kuryanov - Perezhogin
- Kuryanov and Perez have good chemistry together and also play defensively-responsible hockey. These guys are pretty good compliment to Mozyakin imo. Bykov does seem to have some beef with both Kuryanov and Perez, so it might not be them. Kaigorodov could be there instead.

Nikulin - Korneev
- They are currently playing together. And since both should be on the team, no reason to separate them imo.
Tyutin - Grebeshkov
- Solid all-around pair imo.
Volchenkov - Atyushov
- Offensive-minded blue-liner and a defensive-minded blue-liner. I think it could work well.
Kulyash - D. Denisov
- The Denis pair. Mr. Slap-shot has been one of Bykov's favorites lately and I think he'll make the roster. I'm a fan of Denisov, but he hasn't been getting chances to prove himself on the NT lately. I am rooting for him to make it. I thought about putting Kulikov here, but I don't think he is ready yet.

Koshechkin
Barulin
Gelashvili

- Assuming no NHLers are available, I see the goalies in that order. Koshechkin's team was eliminated in the first round, but it sure as heck wasn't because of his effort (2.20 and .946). Barulin has had a better statistical year, but also a much better team around him. The third spot is up for grabs. Biryukov might have been the favorite a few weeks ago, but he hasn't looked good lately. Gelashvili is more consistent.

kiluj 03-13-2011 11:14 PM

ok, my guess is:
Kovalchuk-Zaripov-Morozov
Mozyakin-Grigorenko-Radulov
Afinogenov-Rybin-Kulemin
Perezhogin-Churilov-Kalyanin

Nikulin-Korneev
Volchenkov-Tyutin
Koltsov-Atyushov
Guskov-Grebeshkov

Barulin
Koshechkin

Zine 03-14-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiluj (Post 31650880)
ok, my guess is:
Kovalchuk-Zaripov-Morozov
Mozyakin-Grigorenko-Radulov
Afinogenov-Rybin-Kulemin
Perezhogin-Churilov-Kalyanin

Nikulin-Korneev
Volchenkov-Tyutin
Koltsov-Atyushov
Guskov-Grebeshkov

Barulin
Koshechkin

:huh:

kiluj 03-14-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 31651459)
:huh:

What's wrong?

MaxV 03-14-2011 11:08 AM

Neither Zaripov nor Rybin are Centers.

kiluj 03-14-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxV (Post 31655769)
Neither Zaripov nor Rybin are Centers.

Well, I think Danis is a universal player. Many players can play both center and at the wing. Datsyuk, Kozlov, for example. But, OK, replace Zaripov with Zinoviev, Rybin with Anisimov.

Montandon 04-04-2011 04:17 PM

does somebody of you know the actual roster of the russian team? They are gonna play some practice games this week in switzerland... Who is on the roster?

duga 04-05-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montandon (Post 32111701)
does somebody of you know the actual roster of the russian team? They are gonna play some practice games this week in switzerland... Who is on the roster?

if they play with the same roster as against Belarus, it's mostly a mix between promising youngsters (Kutznetsov, Petrov or Tarasenko) or depth players that are older (Rybin or Gorovikov), none of the NHL- or big KHL-Stars have been on board yet. Maybe they have added a few?

So I see the swiss team as a slight favourite.

here is the link: http://fhr.ru/content/news/7909.html (in Cyrillic)

helicecopter 04-05-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montandon (Post 32111701)

anyone knows the schedule and whether they're going to play in Lugano one of the games?

cska78 04-09-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushkin (Post 31637693)
Since the last poster is always posting anti-Russia comments lets remind him that the last 3 years Russia won GOLD GOLD SILVER!!!

well, you made yourself look dumb in the soccer thread, and now making yourself look dumb here, keep going:yo::yo:

cska78 04-10-2011 10:32 AM

not happy with the two losses to the SUI, not happy at all....and what is this charity move playing Nabokov???

BMann 04-30-2011 05:21 AM

Great start.......:shakehead Yes it's a long tournament but to be so sloppy is not a great sign. That jersey has a proud history.

Why no Anisimov ?