HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=890949)

Kimota 03-14-2011 09:22 PM

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Le Match is really becoming good. It's not just of old guys talking out of their butt like L'Anti-Chambre. With the Pacioretti hit the other day they really took everything that happened apart to come up with the best analysis possible. That being said, I wonder what happened with Michel Villeneuve, is he on vacation?

Gary320 03-14-2011 09:23 PM

I don't watch Le Match, because quite frankly I found it boring at first. But L'antichambre is no better.

As for Villeneuve, neither he nor the network agreed on the direction of the show so I think he quit (or got fired) but he's done.

Kriss E 03-14-2011 09:26 PM

Perron, Laraque, Villeneuve, Hartley, I'm sorry, but that is good?
vs Langdeau, Tremblay, Bergeron, Langevin, Stock, hmmm...
Our local ''analysts'' are so freaking bad...

Hartley just brought up a magical statistic...
NCAA level 1 Men hockey apparently suffer less concussions than NCAA level 1 Women hockey in the States.
Conclusion, hitting is NOT the problem!!!

Man, I really wonder what's his brain made off.

Kimota 03-14-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 31668546)
I don't watch Le Match, because quite frankly I found it boring at first. But L'antichambre is no better.

As for Villeneuve, neither he nor the network agreed on the direction of the show so I think he quit (or got fired) but he's done.

I wonder on what they disagreed on. He left after doing probably their best show to date. That particular episode was much more structured and insightful than any other sport shows I had ever seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 31668618)

I think the structure of Le Match in particular is what makes it better, not the people. Anti-Chambre you just have a bunch of guys doing their thing. But Le Match especially recently have taken up a notch.

Quote:

NCAA level 1 Men hockey apparently suffer less concussions than NCAA level 1 Women hockey in the States.

That would be because of genetics.

Kriss E 03-14-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 31669002)
I think the structure of Le Match in particular is what makes it better, not the people. Anti-Chambre you just have a bunch of guys doing their thing. But Le Match especially recently have taken up a notch.

To be honest, I don't know. This is the first time I watch that show. I tried tuning in last time, but I saw Perron on and I just can't listen to him anymore. Then I saw Hartley, and I feel the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 31669002)
That would be because of genetics.

I would have to actually see the study in order to believe it, first and foremost.
Then look at the rules.
And after all that, no matter the result, would come to the conclusion that NCAA =/= NHL. Therefore, it holds no barring whatsoever.

JackZap 03-14-2011 10:01 PM

im glad villeneuve is out as far as "animateur". I never liked him in that role, hes better @ debating IMO

Habitant le colon 03-15-2011 12:13 AM

nothing to compare to src sport old team analyst they were and they are going to be the best for all time ... or was that the song that was good ... qc hockey analyst are on right way but the tv itself seem to be the bug ... in 2011 who care to wait a show if you can have analyst on the net ... they should all take that path and give more place to information and stats on tv!! you want to debate well then take the guts and do it live on web !!

Prairie Habs 03-15-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 31669005)
To be honest, I don't know. This is the first time I watch that show. I tried tuning in last time, but I saw Perron on and I just can't listen to him anymore. Then I saw Hartley, and I feel the same.

I would have to actually see the study in order to believe it, first and foremost.
Then look at the rules.
And after all that, no matter the result, would come to the conclusion that NCAA =/= NHL. Therefore, it holds no barring whatsoever.

I`m pretty sure its because in women`s hockey there is no hitting so no one is ever taught how to take a hit. This means that they are never ready for the incidental collisions and don`t know how to properly protect themselves. That`s just what I have heard.

Fel 96 03-15-2011 12:25 AM

So, no more Hartley on TVA.

He will coach a hockey team in Switzerland.

Sebaldian 03-15-2011 12:39 AM

With his name showing up seemingly everywhere for the last week, including in the avatars of a large number of posters, I don't understand how people can still think his name ends with an i.

NewHabsEra* 03-15-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackZap (Post 31669716)
im glad villeneuve is out as far as "animateur". I never liked him in that role, hes better @ debating IMO

The moose actually makes me miss Villeneuve, he is so dump.. This show is totally crap..

Fel 96 03-15-2011 12:59 AM

Don't worry, Jean Pagé should be Villeneuve's successor..

Well, I really wouldn't be surprised if we see him in that show next season.

Kimota 03-15-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitant le colon (Post 31672303)
nothing to compare to src sport old team analyst they were and they are going to be the best for all time ... or was that the song that was good ... qc hockey analyst are on right way but the tv itself seem to be the bug ... in 2011 who care to wait a show if you can have analyst on the net ... they should all take that path and give more place to information and stats on tv!! you want to debate well then take the guts and do it live on web !!

La Zone was indeed excellent.

Kriss E 03-15-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 31672694)
The moose actually makes me miss Villeneuve, he is so dump.. This show is totally crap..

Oh, the irony..

Kimota 03-15-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 31672835)
Don't worry, Jean Pagé should be Villeneuve's successor..

Well, I really wouldn't be surprised if we see him in that show next season.

Problem with Pagé is that he's a "view mononque" too mellow. That's what made Villeneuve work, he was a no-******** guy that challenged his panel. Sure nobody like him but he's the sob to make it work.

I just think MV left because TVA got so many angry e-mails because of the fact that his panel did not take a stronger position on what happened to Max Pac.

Fel 96 03-15-2011 01:30 AM

To be honest, I'd take Pagé over Villeneuve any day. Villeneuve is just a weird guy to me.

MasterDecoy 03-15-2011 02:45 AM

with the amount of talent quebec has produced over the years, i find it incredibly weird that none has ever become a good analyst. we are hockey ****ing nation and every single one of our analyst are bat**** insane.

bouchard's alright, speaks very well (****ing hockey players can't speak french), knows his game and isn't too abrasive.

bergy and tremblay can get ****ed. what a bunch of *****...

Im at the point where i prefer to watch the games in english so that i don't have to deal with retards like brunet.

ECWHSWI 03-15-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 31668618)

To his defense, and not that he isnt saying dumb things more often that not, he didnt say anything like this. That's your conclusion not his.

neofury* 03-15-2011 11:06 AM

I know this question is likely crazy, but any good anglo habs talk shows on TV?

Hannibal 03-15-2011 08:52 PM

Where did you see that Villeneuve quited?

PatBC 03-15-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 31693801)
Where did you see that Villeneuve quited?

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...10-173655.html

Booba 03-15-2011 09:08 PM

Anyone you just heard Michel Bergeron on l'Anti-Chambre?

He compared the Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn line to some food (paté chinois, poulet, spagetti etc.) that was left in your fridge for a few days and that you would mix together to create a good meal

His intervention was so random, they even decided to go to the break while he was still talking. :laugh:

JackZap 03-15-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 31672694)

I think hes theres while they find a replacement

Fel 96 03-15-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackZap (Post 31694557)
I think hes theres while they find a replacement

Yup, exactly.

Sir Jacques Demers 03-15-2011 09:55 PM

I want more shouting ;(