HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Waived: TOR puts Matt Lashoff on re-entry waivers. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=891068)

SOKOL 03-15-2011 04:54 AM

TOR puts Matt Lashoff on re-entry waivers.
 
http://twitter.com/#!/mirtle/status/47333403711913984

Required for him to join Leafs. Will give team depth for upcoming road trip. RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR puts Matt Lashoff on re-entry waivers.

thadd 03-15-2011 05:05 AM

Hope Edmonton picks him up.

WestIslander 03-15-2011 05:38 AM

I want Montreal to pick this kid up! He is exactly what we need and lack in Montreal and would be great with Subban and Tinordi in the future.

Quote:

Talent Analysis

Lashoff has the blend of skating, size and technical skill to be an outstanding two-way, puck-moving defenseman. He has been a power play threat at the lower levels of hockey and is a confident and smooth skating playmaker. He’s at his best when he has the puck, sees the ice well and is solid on both the power play and penalty kill. Lashoff plays an aggresive style that sometimes crosses the line into undisciplined. His decision-making and awareness without the puck are sometimes suspect, particularly in the defensive game. He has the skill level and desire to be a top four NHL defender that contributes to the offensive attack but has not yet put it all together.

Edgeworth* 03-15-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 31674152)
I want Montreal to pick this kid up! He is exactly what we need and lack in Montreal and would be great with Subban and Tinordi in the future.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but he isn't close to a top 4 defender. He's a lot like Subban/Wiz where he can contribute on offense but opens holes in his D. Does not have a strong two-way game.

BennyBST 03-15-2011 08:04 AM

too bad this kid didn't pan out, I remember how I thought he was a great return for Mark Recchi a few seasons back...man was I wrong... Recchi is still truckin' and not losing any speed.. Lashoff gets dealt to Toronto and is being waived again.

LeafsandSharksfan 03-15-2011 08:04 AM

He's looked great with the Marlies and I'd love to see him stick with the big club.

Psycho Papa Joe 03-15-2011 08:07 AM

With Sopel's recent injury, I'd take a chance on him if I was Montreal. The guy has the tools, has been good for the Marlies, and it's a better option than putting your own guys on re-entry.

bobbyflex 03-15-2011 08:16 AM

what time does he clear?

Drew311 03-15-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOKOL (Post 31674037)
http://twitter.com/#!/mirtle/status/47333403711913984

Required for him to join Leafs. Will give team depth for upcoming road trip. RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR puts Matt Lashoff on re-entry waivers.

God I hope this means Komisarek will be a healthy scratch for the rest of the season.

sparxx87 03-15-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 31675114)
God I hope this means Komisarek will be a healthy scratch for the rest of the season.

Not if you've seen him play. Think a bit bigger and better skating Brett Lebda. Will make an excellent end to end rush and wow the crowd, then turn the puck over and get beat back to his net.

I hate Komisarek and think he is among the worst d men in the league, but at least he stands in his own end and knocks the puck away the odd time.

FrozenJagrt 03-15-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparxx87 (Post 31675163)
Not if you've seen him play. Think a bit bigger and better skating Brett Lebda. Will make an excellent end to end rush and wow the crowd, then turn the puck over and get beat back to his net.

I hate Komisarek and think he is among the worst d men in the league, but at least he stands in his own end and knocks the puck away the odd time.

Define "better skating". Lebda is one of the best skaters in the league, probably top 5 in terms of sheer speed for defensemen.

sparxx87 03-15-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace14 (Post 31675373)
Define "better skating". Lebda is one of the best skaters in the league, probably top 5 in terms of sheer speed for defensemen.

Maybe the size makes him look smoother, but no doubt Lashoff can skate. Maybe he isn't better, just looks really smooth.

I don't mean only speed, Lashoff just moves well on his skates.

IMO Lashoff fell in that black hole that so many young forwards do, the in between hole. Not really a top 6 talent, but not really the tools to be an effective bottom 6.

Lashoff isn't good enough offensively to offset his defensive deficiencies. He's a good player, I just think he's a step below most offensive NHL defenseman.

Call Me No One 03-15-2011 10:09 AM

...when the Panthers put Tim Kennedy on re-entry waivers a couple days ago, if a team claimed him, he wouldn't be able to play for them for the rest of the regular season or the playoffs.

I'm wondering if it's the same circumstance for Matt Lashoff?

david999 03-15-2011 10:31 AM

You are correct. If some team picks him up, they would not be able to use him for the rest of the year or playoffs. That is why the Leafs waited a few weeks after the trade deadline to place him back on re-entry waivers. I also belive he is unsigned for next year, so anybody has a crack at him at the end of the season. It does not make sense for anybody to claim him.

Drew311 03-15-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 31674874)
what time does he clear?

He just cleared and is practising with the team.

Drew311 03-15-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparxx87 (Post 31675481)
Maybe the size makes him look smoother, but no doubt Lashoff can skate. Maybe he isn't better, just looks really smooth.

I don't mean only speed, Lashoff just moves well on his skates.

IMO Lashoff fell in that black hole that so many young forwards do, the in between hole. Not really a top 6 talent, but not really the tools to be an effective bottom 6.

Lashoff isn't good enough offensively to offset his defensive deficiencies. He's a good player, I just think he's a step below most offensive NHL defenseman.

I'll take Lashoff over Komisarek or Ledba any day of the week. They have both shown that they can't be a reliable 6 d-man in the NHL. Might as well give Lashoff a shot who has much more offensive potential. Komi and Lebda are terrible defensively, makes sense to bring in someone who is also terrible defensively but can at least pot a couple goals.

Every time I realize we have Komisarek for the next 3 years at a 4.5 cap hit I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Pheasant the peasant 03-15-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 31677164)
He just cleared and is practising with the team.

Yep, McKenzie confirmed it.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR's Matt Lashoff clears re-entry waivers; CGY puts Ales Kotalik on re-entry waivers.

Gardner McKay 03-15-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Scott Glennie (Post 31676118)
...when the Panthers put Tim Kennedy on re-entry waivers a couple days ago, if a team claimed him, he wouldn't be able to play for them for the rest of the regular season or the playoffs.

I'm wondering if it's the same circumstance for Matt Lashoff?

Im pretty sure this is wrong.

He can play for them for the remainder of the season, just not the playoffs AFAIK.

Pyrophorus 03-15-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Scott Glennie (Post 31676118)
...when the Panthers put Tim Kennedy on re-entry waivers a couple days ago, if a team claimed him, he wouldn't be able to play for them for the rest of the regular season or the playoffs.

I'm wondering if it's the same circumstance for Matt Lashoff?

Bingo. The only team he can play for this season (reg and playoffs) is the Leafs.

Who who nab a player, to pay him salary just to see him walk on July 1?

Pyrophorus 03-15-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolskii (Post 31677567)
Im pretty sure this is wrong.

He can play for them for the remainder of the season, just not the playoffs AFAIK.

Dave Poulin said different...I think I'll take his word.

irishtemper 03-15-2011 02:40 PM

The wings should pick him up so we could see a Brothers pairing in a couple years

Robert Theodorson 03-15-2011 02:54 PM

Leafs just became instant Cup favorites, this is not Philly's year.

Monctonscout 03-15-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 31674152)
I want Montreal to pick this kid up! He is exactly what we need and lack in Montreal and would be great with Subban and Tinordi in the future.

Montreal has 8 defensemen on the roster, makes no sense to pick up another.

Juice 03-15-2011 03:36 PM

If Im the oilers I really consider claiming him. Would be much more important to give Lashoff ice time than Jason Strudwick! Also this way if they want the can play strudwick at forward and then not call anyone up.

Nasty Nazem 03-15-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice (Post 31682097)
If Im the oilers I really consider claiming him. Would be much more important to give Lashoff ice time than Jason Strudwick! Also this way if they want the can play strudwick at forward and then not call anyone up.

He's already cleared which is not surprising.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.