HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Should we keep Murray? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=891071)

BigEyedPhish 03-15-2011 05:18 AM

Should we keep Murray?

The more I think about it, the more I think we should hold onto Murray. I can't think of anyone who we could hire who has more Team-building experience than Bryan Murray.

The past 3 drafts are looking as though they could turn out to be some of if not the best years we have had.. In the 4 years Murray has drafted for us, he had only one slumping year, but even that draft (O'Brien's year) is starting to look like it is turning around.

As of right now our hopes and teams rely on draft day, (and course a certain goalie). Since this is the case. Can you think of anyone you would feel more confident with than Bryan Murray on draft day that we could hire? Because I can't.

When Murray has been given teams in a rebuilding phase, he has almost ALWAYS built a better team and few of them went on to win the cup (Anaheim/Detroit).. I do, however, understand the frustration with him (especially his rotating coach door he has going on).

IN MY OPINION, what we should do.. is fire our whole coaching staff (How the HELL is Carvel still Assistant?)

Stylizer1 03-15-2011 07:21 AM

It's too late to fire him with all the changes that have been made. Hope for the best.

Lenny the Lynx 03-15-2011 08:10 AM

I think firing Murray before the draft would be a HUGE mistake.

Smeddy 03-15-2011 08:30 AM

I'd like him to stay if he's willing to stay for a few more years to completely do the rebuild, we don't need him retiring next year and then have a new gm come in and re do everything he has already done, either fire him after the draft, or lock him up for 3-4 years.

Suiteness 03-15-2011 08:38 AM

Let him run drafts, hire someone who can actually stick to a long term plan as a GM instead of a reactionnary patch work artist who changes his mind on the makeup of his team every year after the SC finals.

JonnyMacSen 03-15-2011 08:40 AM

I think he may stay on another year and groom Tim Murray for the job for the year after, while B. Murray gets a executive position or retires from there.

pepty 03-15-2011 08:49 AM

I dont think he should be around to hire another coach.

Dean Vernon 03-15-2011 08:51 AM

I don't hate Murray as much as some people on here but it is time for a management change.

Possibly leave him as an adviser, but completely gut the organizations front office and coaching staff.

We are currently in a good situation for someone new to come in and start fresh. Our prospect pool is looking better then it has in a while, we have a lot of cap space and have some veterans signed. It is a perfect time for a fresh new direction.

Legend Killer 03-15-2011 09:11 AM

Say our new GM is willing to keep on most of our scouting staff(Pierre Dorion etc) then do we really need Murray to stay around if he is going to be a year by year guy??

It seems our scouts are the ones making all of the decisions, so what is so important about keeping Murray if its possible to keep our scouting staff together, plus make additions to it?

Jared Cowen 2010 03-15-2011 09:41 AM

Keep him until we're contenders again.

Senators Growing 03-15-2011 09:44 AM

You will get your wish granted.

Listen closely to Murray and Dorion and it's clear he's making decisiosn on next year's roster, he'll be drafting and he'll be in charge. Call it a two-year deal at the very least.