HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Canucks re-assign Yann Sauve (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=891280)

Placebo Effect 03-15-2011 04:45 PM

Canucks re-assign Yann Sauve
 
Insurance? Or Salo's out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenwardskorner
#Canucks have recalled Yann Sauve from Manitoba this afternoon.


Barney Gumble 03-15-2011 04:47 PM

So....how many callups does that leave us with? Two?

Mr. Canucklehead 03-15-2011 04:47 PM

^Insurance. AV said Salo will be a game-time decision tomorrow. IMO, it would be wise to rest Salo. No sense in letting him aggaravate the injury.

Luck 6 03-15-2011 04:49 PM

Hmmm.. My guess is they sit Salo for atleast a game even if he is feeling good. Personally, I have no problem with this. I'd rather have him sit for 2 games and get back to it for the Detroit game personally. This would give him a full 8 days off from game action to recover.

alternate 03-15-2011 04:49 PM

Its times like these we miss Oberg. Amirite!?

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 03-15-2011 04:51 PM

Colorado is a hurting unit right now. Makes sense to give Salo some time off.

Placebo Effect 03-15-2011 04:56 PM

Did anyone confirm if that MacGregor Sharp/Keith Seabrook swap used up any callups? I didn't think so but someone posted that it did.

orcatown 03-15-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternate (Post 31683426)
Its times like these we miss Oberg. Amirite!?

Sauve was coming up long before Oberg. Oberg had played himself out of any long term consideration on the team.

Sauve has been playing very well of late and getting a better gauge on him for next year is important. If you can see him providing adequate NHL depth next year it effects who gets re-signed and who might get moved.

However, it sure hurts the Moose who remain in a difficult playoff race.

lush 03-15-2011 05:04 PM

Great move, given how comfortable our place is in the standings get these young guys NHL experience. It helps their development to ease into the league over a long period of time rather than not at all.

opendoor 03-15-2011 05:04 PM

I wouldn't worry about the number of call ups. The only reason they'd every call anyone up is if they fall below a full playing roster, and if that's the case they have an unlimited number of emergency call ups.

The bigger issue is cap space.

jimmythescot 03-15-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orcatown (Post 31683554)
Sauve was coming up long before Oberg. Oberg had played himself out of any long term consideration on the team.

Sauve has been playing very well of late and getting a better gauge on him for next year is important. If you can see him providing adequate NHL depth next year it effects who gets re-signed and who might get moved.

However, it sure hurts the Moose who remain in a difficult playoff race.

It's jokes.


Nice to see Sauve again. He was really starting to impress me before he was sent back down.

Tim Calhoun 03-15-2011 05:29 PM

Sauve apparently has been great for the Moose since being sent down last time.

I'm a big fan of his... he's been really impressive, especially considering the injury at the beginning of the year.

Intoewsables 03-15-2011 08:35 PM

Awesome news. I liked what I saw from him in his last callup and we might as well let Salo rest.

smileyface 03-15-2011 08:54 PM

I wonder if his parents are flying in again...

keslerburrows 03-15-2011 09:18 PM

i want sweatt :(

alternate 03-15-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslerburrows (Post 31694915)
i want sweatt :(

same. because he went down early in the massacre, he didn't really get enough games to show what he could do. might have got some 2nd unit PP time the way things went, and we'd have a better idea what he offers when considering next year.

Even if Salo is just sore, leave him out. Silver lining is getting Sauve playing time vs div rivals down the stretch drive, when the results aren't especially important for us. Sauve started to settle in a bit his first visit, and reports are he's carried that back to the Moose. Great situation for his long term development, imo.

Winroba 03-15-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslerburrows (Post 31694915)
i want sweatt :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternate (Post 31695328)
same. because he went down early in the massacre, he didn't really get enough games to show what he could do. might have got some 2nd unit PP time the way things went, and we'd have a better idea what he offers when considering next year.

Even if Salo is just sore, leave him out. Silver lining is getting Sauve playing time vs div rivals down the stretch drive, when the results aren't especially important for us. Sauve started to settle in a bit his first visit, and reports are he's carried that back to the Moose. Great situation for his long term development, imo.

Sweatt can't be waived and he's sitting on LTIR until the playoffs. To reactivate him, Salo would need to be put on LTIR until the playoffs. I'd much prefer calling up Sauve for a day than leaving Salo on LTIR until the playoffs again.

biturbo19 03-15-2011 11:17 PM

makes sense. hopefully he gets another game or two in to see what he can do. makes a lot of sense to just rest Salo if he's banged up...given our position in the standings and all that.

VC 03-16-2011 01:19 AM

I was pleansently surprised with Sauve is in last call up. I was expecting much to be honest. I wasn't ever expecting much and he had such a size advantage in the Q that I didn't think he would carry it on, even moreso after the early season injury. Happy he might be getting another game or so to further his development.

YogiCanucks 03-16-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Gumble (Post 31683396)
So....how many callups does that leave us with? Two?

what 10 games left? *yawn* no biggie

Shareefruck 03-16-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternate (Post 31695328)
same. because he went down early in the massacre, he didn't really get enough games to show what he could do. might have got some 2nd unit PP time the way things went, and we'd have a better idea what he offers when considering next year.

Even if Salo is just sore, leave him out. Silver lining is getting Sauve playing time vs div rivals down the stretch drive, when the results aren't especially important for us. Sauve started to settle in a bit his first visit, and reports are he's carried that back to the Moose. Great situation for his long term development, imo.

I completely forgot that we had Sweatt. Awesome depth

Edler - Ehrhoff
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Salo
Alberts - Tanev
Rome - Sauve
Parent - Sweatt
Connaughton - Baumgartner (okay, this one doesn't look very good, but still)

eli J 03-16-2011 08:03 AM

Hahah, that's awesome because I just had to call him up in my NHL 11 Be a GM (somehow lost Erhoff, Hamhuis, and that scrub named Shane O'Brien IN THE SAME GAME).

Hi-wayman 03-16-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shareefruck (Post 31700342)
I completely forgot that we had Sweatt. Awesome depth

Edler - Ehrhoff
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Salo
Alberts - Tanev
Rome - Sauve
Parent - Sweatt
Connaughton - Baumgartner (okay, this one doesn't look very good, but still)

Change Baumgartner to either Paetsch or Andersson

Placebo Effect 03-16-2011 01:23 PM

Well that didn't last long.

English 03-16-2011 01:52 PM

Hope his parents didn't book a trip to vancouver.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.