HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Palffy? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=89133)

TheZherdev 07-05-2004 12:46 PM

Palffy?

Should the rangers consider picking him up? Its true that hes a big name player and wants $7million. But hes different from all the other all-stars the rangers had. He wants to win the cup. Hes inspired to get back onto the ice and lead a team.The kings woulda most likely woulda made the playoffs and was playing good enough to be a possible mvp contestant until he got hurt. :shakehead

Hes also a really fast player, so the rangers wouldn't have to worry about him not keeping up with the youngsters.

Leetchie 07-05-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
Should the rangers consider picking him up? Its true that hes a big name player and wants $7million. But hes different from all the other all-stars the rangers had. He wants to win the cup. Hes inspired to get back onto the ice and lead a team.The kings woulda most likely woulda made the playoffs and was playing good enough to be a possible mvp contestant until he got hurt. :shakehead

Hes also a really fast player, so the rangers wouldn't have to worry about him not keeping up with the youngsters.

That's all fine and dandy. But if Ziggy really wants to win the Cup, why would he sign here?

truewithoutclue 07-05-2004 01:04 PM

I can't fault him for wanting to win a cup. That's what you play for. However, if that is the case considering his injury history then he should to what Kariya did and sign for 1-2 million dollars. You can't have it both ways. Top teams usually have lots of good players making solid amounts of money. Calgary was an exception but they can't add salary on the other hand.

Vito Andolini 07-05-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

I dont understand what you mean. You say he's different than the other all-stars the rangers had, but you dont really give any examples as to why. All players want to win the cup...the real question is how hard are they willing to work to make it happen? In my opinion, Palffy is the exact type of player we have already acquired like 10 times. He's fast, small, no defensive conscious, not physical, injury prone, on the wrong side of 30....How is acquiring him any different than when we aquired skilled wingers like Fleury, Kamensky, Bure, etc.?

Ocelot 07-05-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

No. I would not want him on the team.

Brooklyn Ranger 07-05-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truewithoutclue
I can't fault him for wanting to win a cup. That's what you play for. However, if that is the case considering his injury history then he should to what Kariya did and sign for 1-2 million dollars. You can't have it both ways. Top teams usually have lots of good players making solid amounts of money. Calgary was an exception but they can't add salary on the other hand.

Kariya was in a completely different situation than Palffy. By signing with Colorado for under the league average, he guaranteed that he would become a UFA this summer. Palffy is already a UFA--there is no need for him to sign for less than 1/4 of what he is worth on the open market.

Radek27 07-05-2004 03:13 PM

I wouldn't mind getting Ziggy or Bondra if they can or are willing to play LW...........both of those guys play major games at MSG.................wait, that could only be on another team though! :help:
Seriously, I think both players love playing at MSG................but I want Jagr/Balej for the top 2 RW next season, so like I said, if he plays LW I won't mind him.

Rangers_23 07-05-2004 03:47 PM

Not interested in him at 7 million per.

If Sather is dumb enough to take on another contract of that size in the midst of a CBA battle, there is truly no hope. :shakehead

little a from da bx 07-05-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2J129
No. I would not want him on the team.

agree 100% with u i would be happy with conroy /rolston if not both thats all we need form the f.a market besides one vet d man

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little a from da bx
agree 100% with u i would be happy with conroy /rolston if not both thats all we need form the f.a market besides one vet d man

yes, exactly, please, no more signings than that.

Theoren Fan 07-06-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Should the rangers consider picking him up?

:deadhorse

Quote:

Its true that hes a big name player and wants $7million. But hes different from all the other all-stars the rangers had.

He isn't injury-prone? Wait a minute...

Quote:

He wants to win the cup.

:rolleyes: oh, that's it. As oppose to everybody else who was just in it for ***** and giggles.

Quote:

The kings woulda most likely woulda made the playoffs and was playing good enough to be a possible mvp contestant until he got hurt. :shakehead

That's some awfully bright crystal ball you must have there for something like that. BTW, hurt is the key word in there, and from I remember he was also hurt mid-way through the season and never came back. Yeah, that's real different from anybody else that played here.

Quote:

He wants to win the cup.

That's right, I'm not done with this one yet. If he wants to win the cup so bad, why the hell would he even consider coming here anyway? By this logic, discussing this is a waste of time.

Quote:

I don't really know what to say about this one, but it would've been a crime to not include this gem in as well. I don't think in my entire life of watching hockey that I've ever saw a player go so slow to the extend that he literally couldn't keep up with anybody. Com'on now, even Steve McKenna has a job in the NHL.