HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Balanced Scoring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=891664)

Tom Polakis 03-16-2011 12:34 PM

Balanced Scoring

I don't know if my check was thorough enough, but it looks like the Coyotes and Predators are currently the only teams in the NHL that lack a 20-goal scorer. The Coyotes situation is more remarkable in that they rank 8th in the league in scoring (the Preds are 25th). The Coyotes have 11 players with 10 goals or more. I wonder how that number stacks up league-wide. Again, I'm too busy or lazy to do the homework.

It wouldn't be a stretch to expect the Coyotes to finish the season with nobody having scored 20 goals. I'm not assuming we're going to make the cut just yet, but how many teams have ever made the playoffs without a single 20-goal scorer on the roster?

SniperHF 03-16-2011 01:15 PM

I gotta believe Doan, Korpi, or Vrbata will get there.

But if they don't I don't know the answer to that question, it's obviously pretty tough to answer without talking to major stat geeks.

If anyone on HF would know I bet that pnep guy on the history section would.

Waldo 03-16-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Polakis (Post 31705020)
I don't know if my check was thorough enough, but it looks like the Coyotes and Predators are currently the only teams in the NHL that lack a 20-goal scorer. The Coyotes situation is more remarkable in that they rank 8th in the league in scoring (the Preds are 25th). The Coyotes have 11 players with 10 goals or more. I wonder how that number stacks up league-wide.

3 teams, Coyotes, Preds, and Sens have no 20 goal scorers.

Team with the most 20 goal scorers are Kings with 5.
Hawks, Stars, and Isles, Rangers, Flyers, Sharks, Leafs have 4.
Ducks, Bruins, Flames, Avs, Wings, Pens, Canucks have 3.
Sabres, Canes, Habs, Blues, Caps, Lightning have 2.
Thrashers, Oilers, Panthers, Wild, Devils, have 1.

Coyotes are currently the best team in the league that is without any 20 goal scorers. :handclap:

Guest 03-16-2011 04:00 PM

The Red Wings have the most 10+ goal scorers with 11, 8 x 10 goal, 3 x 20 goal

The Coyotes have the second most with 10 tied with the Bruins. The Coyotes with all 10 being 10+ goal scorers, Bruins have 7 x 10+, and 3 x 20+.

The Predators, Blackhawks, Flyers, Sabres, Wild, and Canucks all have 9 players with 10+ goals.

If you are counting teams without 20+ goal scorers and the number of 10+ goal scorers, the Coyotes lead with 10, Predators with 9, Senators are next with 5.

We don't have the top end talent to have 20+ goal scorers at this point in the season, but when you are up there with Detroit & Boston among the most balanced scoring teams in the league that is a positive.

Vip 03-16-2011 05:25 PM

I am pretty sure we have the most 10+ goal scorers in the league. What does that mean? We have LOTS of depth. Although it may not look that way on paper.

That is exactly what makes this team so unique. We don't have a superstar. Every single play contributes (with the exception of Biz).

Waldo 03-16-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajaarvi (Post 31710465)
I am pretty sure we have the most 10+ goal scorers in the league. What does that mean? We have LOTS of depth. Although it may not look that way on paper.

That is exactly what makes this team so unique. We don't have a superstar. Every single play contributes (with the exception of Biz).

Add Ebbett who also has no contribution to make.

PHX FireBirds18 03-16-2011 07:12 PM

To be fair, I think Ebbet has handled himself very well in not hurting the team. He's not the most ideal choice especially since the rest of our centers are offensively challenged, but he's done good in his own right. To say he brings nothing is inaccurate.

Waldo 03-16-2011 07:20 PM

After all these games we have only 3 minus players: DMo -9, Ebbett -2, and Summers -3.

Also intersting to note: Boedker +9, Schlemko +7, Korpi +15.

RR 03-16-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo (Post 31712532)
Add Ebbett who also has no contribution to make.

I wouldn't say that, especially after last night. He won some huge face-offs down the stretch in the defensive zone that directly contributed to the win. For the game he was 58% but in the defensive zone he was 7 for 8.

Vip 03-17-2011 01:08 AM

I also recall Ebbett scoring a shorty earlier in the season ;)