HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=892003)

asphyXy 03-17-2011 08:02 AM

Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

Fans can vote here: http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68350

I'd say either Callahan (again) or Prust.

Kane One 03-17-2011 08:14 AM

I think Prust should win. But Callahan will probably get it since he owns that trophy.

asphyXy 03-17-2011 08:25 AM

Prust, Stepan, Boyle, and Anisimov are the only players to appear in every game this year. With Prust admittedly playing hurt for a number of games, I think that might sway the vote in his favor.

Prust > Higgins & Kotalik

Love how this trade worked out.

AJRanger 03-17-2011 08:31 AM

Prust for me. Guy's played through how many injuries this season and never given less than 110%.

Lion Hound 03-17-2011 08:37 AM

They could rename it the "Ryan Callahan award"!

This year though I think Prust should get the award, while Cally should get the "C". It's time!

Leetch3 03-17-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Hound (Post 31722208)

no it shouldn't...first off if any player is gonna have it named for them it should be adam graves who won it 5 times. second to even suggest it should be named after a player is a huge disrespect. there is a HUGE amount of honor in winning the award BECAUSE its named after steven mcdonald

JeffMangum 03-17-2011 08:49 AM

Voted for Prust.

Vitto79 03-17-2011 08:49 AM

yea Prust, dude was a 4th liner but he's showing he is more, leading the league in PK goals when I would'nt of even of though of him as a PKer to start the yr. Plus he is banged up and still goes out there every night

I though about Sauer too given he came out of no where and not only made the team but is a top 4 Dman now. Props to him and alot of guys on the team for atleast grinding hard

Rangerfans 03-17-2011 09:03 AM

I'm on the fence.

Prust is the easy choice - the guy works extremely hard and through many injuries.

But I also think Brian Boyle deserves it. The guy worked his BUTT off this season to get to where he is. From being a guy who wasn't even going to make the team to one of our top goal scorers is a very impressive feat. He's come a looooooong way.

So if Boyle or Prust get it, I'll be happy.

HockeyBasedNYC 03-17-2011 09:19 AM

Easily Prust for me.

Gardner McKay 03-17-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfans (Post 31722454)
I'm on the fence.

Prust is the easy choice - the guy works extremely hard and through many injuries.

But I also think Brian Boyle deserves it. The guy worked his BUTT off this season to get to where he is. From being a guy who wasn't even going to make the team to one of our top goal scorers is a very impressive feat. He's come a looooooong way.

So if Boyle or Prust get it, I'll be happy.

I couldnt agree with this more. Prust is absolutely deserving especially with everything he does for this team, however Boyle putting all that time in in the off season to and becoming the player he has been all year, worked his ass off, I think he is just as deserving.

BobSantos 03-17-2011 09:29 AM

I'm voting Drury.

No wait.

Prust.

redfzn 03-17-2011 10:30 AM

prust

GrizMint 03-17-2011 10:44 AM

I'm going with Prusty too, but anyone considering Girardi for all his blocked shots?

allstar3970 03-17-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKING33 (Post 31723790)
I'm going with Prusty too, but anyone considering Girardi for all his blocked shots?

I have to go with Prust, but in another thread on this I brought up Girardi too. He is rather quietly having a fantastic season.

offdacrossbar 03-17-2011 11:01 AM

prust wins it going away. anyone who scores shortys and fight heavyweights wins in my book

cally always in contention just because hes cally.

capt quaalude my darkhorse of course

pdogfizzle 03-17-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asphyXy (Post 31722081)
Prust, Stepan, Boyle, and Anisimov are the only players to appear in every game this year. With Prust admittedly playing hurt for a number of games, I think that might sway the vote in his favor.

Prust > Higgins & Kotalik

Love how this trade worked out.

Really??? Those three have had their slumps and disappeared throughout the season IMO. Prust is the only one out of that group that shows up every game. I'd say Prust,Callahan and Sauer show up every game. That's about it... I vote for Prust

asphyXy 03-17-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdogfizzle (Post 31724270)
Really??? Those three have had their slumps and disappeared throughout the season IMO. Prust is the only one out of that group that shows up every game. I'd say Prust,Callahan and Sauer show up every game. That's about it... I vote for Prust

I meant that those four players are the only ones that have literally played in every game this year, which is a compliment to Prust for appearing in every game despite being injured. Plus, I'm sure everyone remembers Stepan taking a month off after that hat trick, and Anisimov being Kovalev-esque at times.

Lion Hound 03-17-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM PUNK (Post 31722312)
no it shouldn't...first off if any player is gonna have it named for them it should be adam graves who won it 5 times. second to even suggest it should be named after a player is a huge disrespect. there is a HUGE amount of honor in winning the award BECAUSE its named after steven mcdonald

Settle down...There's no disrespect to Stephen McDonald there. Just pointing out how much effort Cally puts forth.

CHGoalie27 03-17-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Hound (Post 31722208)

This year though I think Prust should get the award, while Cally should get the "C". It's time!

Yeah.

Callahan, as everyone knows, pretty much wins no matter what.

..so I'd say give to Boyle...if it weren't for BRANDON ****ING PRUST.

Prust, Cally, and Boyle could/should share the award.

Kritikal 03-17-2011 01:08 PM

No disrespect to Callahan, who has won the award 2 years straight (I think), but Prust clearly wins the award this year. He went from being a throwaway in a trade to one of our top PK guys, leads the league in SH goals, plays a tenacious, gritty game, will fight anyone regardless of size, reach, or weight, and has been playing through injuries for most of the season and still looks like the most energetic guy on the ice.

Callahan and Boyle would also be great choices, and Sauer wouldn't be a bad choice either, though Sauer didn't really come out of nowhere. He's been NHL ready for the past 2 years, but a certain albatross (Redden) kept him off the roster because of his contract.

JimmyStart* 03-17-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM PUNK (Post 31722312)

Frolov! Oh wait wrong award that's wrap arounds.
I think you overreacted a bit there. We all know the story and the guy behind the award but geez it was suggested in a joking manner and meant to reference how often Cally wins it.

I say Prust Sauer and Boyle. prust gets it. Cally not far behind.in 4th

Bluenote13 03-17-2011 01:40 PM

Girardi, Staal, Prust, Sauer, Cally.

Girardi or Staal cause they log huge amounts of ice time, have been so so solid at such a young age while always throwing their bodies in harms way. We'd be nowhere without those two and our all star goalie.

truebluegoalie 03-17-2011 02:25 PM

I'd say Boyle or Prust. At some point do we stop considering what Callahan does as extra effort because it is the type of game he plays?

Just a thought.

rody 03-17-2011 02:49 PM

Girardi would be a great choice. I think leading the league in blocked shots. over 200 is going beyond the call.He also has a lot of hits.He also plays injured. The guys is so underappreciated.