HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Happy St. Patrick's Day Kings Fans! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=892059)

Telos 03-17-2011 11:48 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day Kings Fans!
 


From your 100% Irish Kings mod :cheers:

I expect good stories in here by week's end after you recover from your alcohol induces comas :D

Stay safe and enjoy the festivities!


http://www.dreamstime.com/st-patrick...mb12926142.jpg

The Tikkanen 03-17-2011 12:52 PM

If you're a real short Irish guy do you even leave your house on St.Patrick's Day?

TonySCV 03-17-2011 12:53 PM

I'm half Irish so I'll defer to Telos for purchasing of all the beer. ;)

http://cdn.nhl.com/kings/images/uplo...uck_031011.jpg

Cook24 03-17-2011 12:58 PM

Getting schnockered tonight during and after the game. Love St. Pattys day.

DIEHARD the King fan 03-17-2011 01:26 PM

Aye. 'Tis the only day me Irish comes out.

Ima gonna honor the irish patron saint of Alcohol by getting good and drunk BEFORE and during the King game, which just happens to be before my game. Hope my teammates are honorary Irish too!

Buddy The Elf 03-17-2011 01:44 PM

This is one of my favorite holidays along with Flag Day and Arbor Day. Although, this isn't nearly as rowdy as those two and has so much more significance to me. I love potatoes and whiskey so I guess that makes me part Irish. I'm also part Irish so I guess that makes me part Irish too.

fsanford 03-17-2011 01:53 PM

will be at the Yardhouse at 1:30 today, for a nice long primer for the Kings game tonight to see a beat down of the Blues.:handclap:

agentfouser 03-17-2011 02:13 PM



Ireland is a strange place. Irish people LOVE this (it debuted at #6 on the Irish charts), and it's loaded with cultural references that I only sort-of get from having an Irish wife (lived there until she was 19) and spending lots of time there.

nocturn 03-17-2011 02:20 PM

Back atcha Telos from nocturn O'Neland of County Clare!

Erin Go Bragh!

agentfouser 03-17-2011 03:15 PM

This guy is one of my favorite comics. He's from New York but from first-generation Irish immigrant parents, and then he was sent back to live with family in Ireland as a teenager. There is no one out there who captures the weirdness that Americans and Irish see in each other. He is RIGHT ON, and has loads more material.


Puck U 03-17-2011 03:30 PM

http://blog.dollardays.com/wp-conten...ay-208x300.jpg

GRuiz98 03-17-2011 04:50 PM

Any here live in Boston? I got here this morning and will be here until Sunday night. It'd be cool to have some brews with some Kings fans.

RAZZIE King 03-17-2011 05:03 PM


etherialone 03-17-2011 05:22 PM

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!

Beat the Blues like they were Orange.

Happy St Patty's day everyone.

Reaper45 03-17-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 31726197)
If you're a real short Irish guy do you even leave your house on St.Patrick's Day?

You talking **** about me?! :sarcasm:

FrozenKing18 03-17-2011 06:13 PM


etherialone 03-17-2011 07:12 PM

I can't embed for some reason but best irish songs/vids (omitting the drop kick murphys for a personal reason).

The Young Dubliners

Rocky Road to Dublin

The Foggy Dew

Follow me off to Carlow

(all good fighting rebel songs, if you look for them make certain that they are off of "the rocky road" and not a later recording)

The Pogues (or the Pogue Mahone which translates to kiss my a**)

White City
and many many others

Stiff Little Fingers

Tin Soldiers

by then you should either be in a fight or passed out depending on your tolerance to the pure.


Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

May the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat!

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 03-17-2011 07:37 PM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...rough-nose.gif

Dooney 03-17-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 31732989)
I can't embed for some reason but best irish songs/vids (omitting the drop kick murphys for a personal reason).

The Young Dubliners

Rocky Road to Dublin

The Foggy Dew

Follow me off to Carlow

(all good fighting rebel songs, if you look for them make certain that they are off of "the rocky road" and not a later recording)

The Pogues (or the Pogue Mahone which translates to kiss my a**)

White City
and many many others

Stiff Little Fingers

Tin Soldiers

by then you should either be in a fight or passed out depending on your tolerance to the pure.


Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

May the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat!

The Young Dubliner's played across the street today from where I work in Pershing Square. They had a whole party thing going on today in Downtown LA.

etherialone 03-17-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooney (Post 31734297)
The Young Dubliner's played across the street today from where I work in Pershing Square. They had a whole party thing going on today in Downtown LA.

I was pretty good friends with Keith and Paul years ago and the dubs are a Los Angeles Irish institution.

Paul left the band for awhile and Keith took them into more of a hard rock overtone irish band, still good but different. They used to get on local L.A. tv all the time and had a standing (sitting) invitation at Tom Bergin's on Fairfax which is a famous and long standing L.A./Irish watering hole.

Good fun band and always a good show.

Cool that they were back playing in Los Angeles again.

Dooney 03-17-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 31735260)
I was pretty good friends with Keith and Paul years ago and the dubs are a Los Angeles Irish institution.

Paul left the band for awhile and Keith took them into more of a hard rock overtone irish band, still good but different. They used to get on local L.A. tv all the time and had a standing (sitting) invitation at Tom Bergin's on Fairfax which is a famous and long standing L.A./Irish watering hole.

Good fun band and always a good show.

Cool that they were back playing in Los Angeles again.

That's pretty cool. Fairfax (Canter's) old stomping ground for me. It was a pretty good show in LA today.

The Tikkanen 03-17-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 31731166)
You talking **** about me?! :sarcasm:

Are you magically delicious?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.