HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Renney Named NYR Head Coach! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=89243)

Radek27 07-05-2004 09:14 PM

Renney Named NYR Head Coach!

Says tomorrow is the Press Conf!
What you guys think?
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...05_203717_5028

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27
What you guys think?

Why am I not surprised that Sather would take the easy way out on this one...Holy Shyt. It's not even that Renny is a bad coach, but this was so predictable. Do some damn work for once Sather and find a quality coach. Well, it's basically Sather coaching this team once again, behind the smoke screen that is Tom Renny....

Fotiu22 07-05-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

What you guys think?

worst news I've heard all summer. another puppet for sather. PLUS...everyone agreed that the "system" the rags used last year was terrible... it was RENNEY'S SYSTEM!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... this absolutely S***KS!! :banghead: :mad:

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fotiu22
worst news I've heard all summer. another puppet for sather. PLUS...everyone agreed that the "system" the rags used last year was terrible... it was RENNEY'S SYSTEM!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... this absolutely S***KS!! :banghead: :mad:

I agree my friend...

jas 07-05-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

What you guys think?

It depends. If he gets to name his own staff, I could live with it. If not, it is same=old, same-old. :shakehead I can't say I'm exactly thrilled. Of course, al least it's not Campbell. :dunno:

Bluenote13 07-05-2004 09:23 PM

What is it, Puppet #4 now? ;)

I can live with Renney as a 'development' coach, but I doubt we'll win many games. There won't be much of a season next year, better off with a lottery pick.

NYR469 07-05-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

the execution of the system was terrible, but the wolfpack used 'renney's system' and they were the best team in the AHL...having guys who work hard vs a bunch of lazy vets makes a world of difference

Ola 07-05-2004 09:25 PM

Nothing wrong with the system. HFD had allot of success with it...

jas 07-05-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
What is it, Puppet #4 now? ;)

I can live with Renney as a 'development' coach, but I doubt we'll win many games. There won't be much of a season next year, better off with a lottery pick.

That's what i'm thinking - caretaker. Get the young core together, and when this team looks ready to step forward, a bigger name coach comes in. The fix is in for Crosby. ;)

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
That's what i'm thinking - caretaker. Get the young core together, and when this team looks ready to step forward, a bigger name coach comes in. The fix is in for Crosby. ;)

I'm thinking that Sather isn't putting much stock into this season coming up, as far as building a team in the NHL. He is more worried about McGill building the team in Hartford. No point in getting a big name coach i guess for next season. I still think Sather is a lazy mother.

NYR469 07-05-2004 09:27 PM

imo the worst part isn't renney as coach but rather the fact that he'd be far more valuable to us working in the front office with the scouting staff...

Janerixon 07-05-2004 09:28 PM

This is good and bad news

bad news because sather again did not want to be upstaged by a coach who has a clue or he just wont hire a coach who wants control, so we are going to again see sather running the show from upstairs which cant be good for anybody

however the good news is that mcgill will have another year to coach the utes in the minors and continue to develop them correctly, which at least means the prospects that dont make it up to the top will have a great coach who can really help them, which was one of my fears, because if sather hired mcgill i wondered if they would make ron low (yes he scouted for the rangers all last year and even attended alot of wolfpack games) the packs head coach or some other moron

i just dont understand how sather gets a pass year after year, renney is not the man for the job, and he will probably end up being relieved halfway thru the year when he should just be watching and scouting kids, and we could have hired a maurice, quenville, even francis

im pretty annoyed, but not suprised at all

now we will see a free agent signing or two

NYR469 07-05-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
however the good news is that mcgill will have another year to coach the utes in the minors and continue to develop them correctly

mcgill will be in hartford during the lockout but i will be absolutely SHOCKED if mcgill and fotiu aren't promoted as assistants...

remember both need new contracts so if you pass on them they might leave

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
mcgill will be in hartford during the lockout but i will be absolutely SHOCKED if mcgill and fotiu aren't promoted as assistants...

McGill might end up becoming our coach after this next season.

Janerixon 07-05-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

i dont think either will leave, when your coach the wolfpack to the season they had last year and they didnt win it all, im sure mcgill wants to come back and win the calder cup

with that being said i highly doubt they will be promoted as assistants under renney, i dont think they want or would accept that role, mcgill is a head coach and i think he will return to the pack

NYR469 07-05-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
McGill might end up becoming our coach after this next season.

yep thats why i think he'll be named assistant...one step closer...

jas 07-05-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
This is good and bad news

bad news because sather again did not want to be upstaged by a coach who has a clue or he just wont hire a coach who wants control, so we are going to again see sather running the show from upstairs which cant be good for anybody

however the good news is that mcgill will have another year to coach the utes in the minors and continue to develop them correctly, which at least means the prospects that dont make it up to the top will have a great coach who can really help them, which was one of my fears, because if sather hired mcgill i wondered if they would make ron low (yes he scouted for the rangers all last year and even attended alot of wolfpack games) the packs head coach or some other moron

i just dont understand how sather gets a pass year after year, renney is not the man for the job, and he will probably end up being relieved halfway thru the year when he should just be watching and scouting kids, and we could have hired a maurice, quenville, even francis

im pretty annoyed, but not suprised at all

now we will see a free agent signing or two

Perhaps, this is yet another sign that management does not expect much hockey to be played this year. McGill stays in Hartford for the full year, while the likes of Balej, Tyutin, Jessiman, Pock, Lampman, Murray, Moore, Ortmeyer, Betts, Giroux and, perhaps Montoya, Liffiton, Baranka and Jonasen get a chance to develop under his watch. If the season comes back in Jan/Feb, Renney guides the team to horrible finish and the Rangers probably get another top ten pick. McGill is ready for next year and takes over, as Renney moves back into the front office.

Fotiu22 07-05-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola
Nothing wrong with the system. HFD had allot of success with it...

sure. with proper coaching.

Ola 07-05-2004 09:35 PM

Will Ted Green and O´Reilly be his assistants?

If I don´t rememberg wrong there was a report about a "rift" between O´Reilly and Renney late last season. Not sure if it was somehting serious...

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

yep thats why i think he'll be named assistant...one step closer...

But what i think, they are thinking, is give McGill one more year with the kids in Hartford, since that has a lot of our future. Let him teach them, that team is more important to our future right now than the pro team. McGill will then step in as our main guy in the '05-'06 season.

Ola 07-05-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

sure. with proper coaching.

And a coachable squad...

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
Perhaps, this is yet another sign that management does not expect much hockey to be played this year. McGill stays in Hartford for the full year, while the likes of Balej, Tyutin, Jessiman, Pock, Lampman, Murray, Moore, Ortmeyer, Betts, Giroux and, perhaps Montoya, Liffiton, Baranka and Jonasen get a chance to develop under his watch. If the season comes back in Jan/Feb, renney guides the team to horrible finish and the Rangers probably get another top ten pick. McGill is ready for next year and takes over, as Renney moves back into the front office.

Yep, i'll agree with this post. I can see this happening. Also the fact that you said a top 10 pick, you didnt just go crazy and say we are definatley getting Crosby.

jas 07-05-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
Yep, i'll agree with this post. I can see this happening. Also the fact that you said a top 10 pick, you didnt just go crazy and say we are definatley getting Crosby.

Crosby is the obvious jewel. But, Brule, Johnson, Latendresse and Bertram would all make nice consolation prizes at this point.

Balej20* 07-05-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
Crosby is the obvious jewel. But, Brule, Johnson, Latendresse and Bertram would all make nice consolation prizes at this point.

I think if we get another top 10 pick, we will land a jewel. I dont know if our team is gonna finish in the bottom 5.

Son of Steinbrenner 07-05-2004 10:02 PM

this is an awful move by the rangers but most of you guys want the team to lose anyway so not many people should be complaining about this. If the Rangers brought a good coach in they might win some extra games.