HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Career Years (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=892868)

Punxrocknyc19* 03-19-2011 11:19 AM

Career Years
 
Brandon Prust 72 11 15 26 140
Brian Boyle 72 21 12 33 67
Ryan Callahan 52 22 21 43 40 needs one more goal to make a career year in goals. already has a career high in points.
Brandon Dubinsky 67 20 27 47 83 needs one more goal to make career year in goals
Marc Staal 69 7 19 26 46 needs 2 goals to make a career year in goals
Dan Girardi 70 4 26 30 33 career year in assist

when was the last time the Rangers have had 6 young players either have career years or a breakout from their past offensive stats???

SouthJerseyRanger 03-19-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 31766993)
Brandon Prust 72 11 15 26 140
Brian Boyle 72 21 12 33 67
Ryan Callahan 52 22 21 43 40 needs one more goal to make a career year in goals. already has a career high in points.
Brandon Dubinsky 67 20 27 47 83 needs one more goal to make career year in goals
Marc Staal 69 7 19 26 46 needs 2 goals to make a career year in goals
Dan Girardi 70 4 26 30 33 career year in assist

when was the last time the Rangers have had 6 young players either have career years or a breakout from their past offensive stats???

You forgot about Arty, he easily surpassed his numbers from last year.. even with spending a decent amount of time playing 4th line minutes and getting minimal time on the PP.

Callahan
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Stepan
Zuccarello
Prust
Boyle
Staal
McDonaugh
Sauer
Girardi
Del Zotto (he'll be back)

when's the last time this team had a young core like that? Have they ever? That would be a good team on it's own, and know we are talking about possibly having them play with 3 elite talents like Lundy, Gabby, and Brad Richards? I have high hopes for 2011-12.

allstar3970 03-19-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger (Post 31767107)
You forgot about Arty, he easily surpassed his numbers from last year.. even with spending a decent amount of time playing 4th line minutes and getting minimal time on the PP.

Callahan
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Stepan
Zuccarello
Prust
Boyle
Staal
McDonaugh
Sauer
Girardi
Del Zotto (he'll be back)

when's the last time this team had a young core like that? Have they ever? That would be a good team on it's own, and know we are talking about possibly having them play with 3 elite talents like Lundy, Gabby, and Brad Richards? I have high hopes for 2011-12.

If Zucc and Artie can become consistent scorers, this team could be really, really good next year.

King of cool 03-19-2011 12:46 PM

Outsidethegarden.com has a page displaying career stats highs for all the players.

http://outsidethegarden.com/stats/ca....asp?year=2010

wolfgaze 03-19-2011 12:52 PM

If he stayed healthy, Callahan would have flirted with 30 goals and 60+ points this season..... Nasty....

t3hg00se 03-19-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 31768329)
If he stayed healthy, Callahan would have flirted with 30 goals and 60+ points this season..... Nasty....

Flirted with? He would have smashed it. Callahan is our best forward behind Gaborik. He is a 1st line RW.

There. I said it.

Wraparounds 03-19-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus (Post 31768253)
Outsidethegarden.com has a page displaying career stats highs for all the players.

http://outsidethegarden.com/stats/ca....asp?year=2010

I lol'd at Del Zotto's career year in +/-.

JimmyStart* 03-19-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hg00se (Post 31770425)
Flirted with? He would have smashed it. Callahan is our best forward behind Gaborik. He is a 1st line RW.

There. I said it.

He certainly morphed from a 2/3 to a 1/2 this year. Now let's have a non injury year and see if he can keep doing it. Since he improves every year so far and should have another year or two of improvement I say he can be a player worthy of a 1st line the next few years even if it's a "2nd" I think the Pack will be our 1st or 1B. Couldn't Cally play well in Pitt? Don't see any reason wnhy he wouldn't fit on that top line. He's no Kovie or Hossa elite 1st liner, just serviceable. mainly a 2nd. But a damn great leader on top of it.

DubiDubiDoo 03-19-2011 08:52 PM

Fitzy made a Milestone's thread about this about 3 weeks ago, that would be the appropriate place for this

Blatant 03-19-2011 08:58 PM

Man I love callahan but he is not a first liner. He turned himself from a good 3rd liner, to a really good 2nd liner. Just not 1st line talent though. GREAT second line player.

Machinehead 03-19-2011 11:23 PM

Callahan doesn't have 1st line skill but he'll put up 1st line numbers if he stays healthy because he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Adam Graves didn't have drop-dead amazing skill and he scored 52 goals.

ColonialsHockey10 03-19-2011 11:50 PM

What the hell happened to Dubinsky's PPG.... he was hanging around a point per game for awhile, and now it looks like an average season statistically from him. :confused:

BlueshirtBlitz 03-20-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 31783628)
What the hell happened to Dubinsky's PPG.... he was hanging around a point per game for awhile, and now it looks like an average season statistically from him. :confused:

Stress fracture and Cally injury, IMO.

Give him and Cally a full 82 games on the same line and I bet they can hit 65~ points.

AdamGravesNight 03-20-2011 12:28 AM

A lot of these guys are having career years in contract years (which is a red flag usually, but in these cases not so much)... That could hurt our ability to keep this core intact.

Daryl 03-20-2011 12:31 AM

Good news for the NYRs.

Puckface NYR* 03-20-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 (Post 31778956)
Man I love callahan but he is not a first liner. He turned himself from a good 3rd liner, to a really good 2nd liner. Just not 1st line talent though. GREAT second line player.

I forget which thread i read in the other day. But a poster pointed out that a first liner generally averages around 50-60 points.

Hockey Team 03-20-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 31783628)
What the hell happened to Dubinsky's PPG.... he was hanging around a point per game for awhile, and now it looks like an average season statistically from him. :confused:

There's no real mystery to it.

Dubi and callahan need each other. They play great together. And dubi came back awfully early from his injury. I don't think he's playing 100%.

It's one thing that really drives me nuts and pisses me off in hockey. WHY WHY WHY bring back players when they're still hurting? Let them recover for god's sake. I'd rather have a player miss 15 games and come back at 100% then miss 5 games and play ****** for 30 games because they're playing injured. And they'll deny it too. It's obvious the guy's hurting and they'll have them play hurt and everyone (including the player) says they're fine when it's 100% clear they're not

Ranger_Engineer 03-20-2011 08:08 AM

Career years so far

Dubi, Cally, and Artie are still approaching their primes. I'm looking forward to what they bring next season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.