HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Matt Cooke is a disgrace (Update: Suspended rest of season, 1st playoff round) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=893342)

KingWantsCup 03-20-2011 02:42 PM

Matt Cooke is a disgrace (Update: Suspended rest of season, 1st playoff round)

By FAR the most unprofessional on ice player. Say what you will about Avery's lack of professionalism, but the damage he does is with his mouth. Cooke is the epitome of a dirty player and doesn't deserve to even see NHL ice. Make no mistake I hated him before he pulled this bull ****, but seeing what he did to Rangers defense man Ryan McDonagh, he will very likely earn his second suspension of the season. This is the worst intentional elbow I have EVER seen. If I was a Penguins fan I would be ashamed that he's on my team. There is no defending this dirt bag who consistently hurts players in helpless positions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWubC...layer_embedded
[B]

JeffMangum 03-20-2011 02:44 PM

We know this.

He's not going anywhere. I've accepted that.

I'll just enjoy the lulz he brings. I certainly enjoyed his little act tonight, he totally shifted the momentum of the game to us with that, and basically lost his team the game.

Loffen 03-20-2011 02:46 PM

Enjoy the lolz?

I don't like seeing the stuff he does... His knee on knee hits, blatant headshots, checks from behind and slewfoots pisses me off.

SensRus 03-20-2011 02:47 PM

Well this is it, this is the perfect jerk for the NHL to prove if they mean what they say about getting that crap out of the game....this is PERFECT!!!

If they give less than 10 games, they're not getting it!!!

JeffMangum 03-20-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 31792799)
Enjoy the lolz?

I don't like seeing the stuff he does... His knee on knee hits, blatant headshots, checks from behind and slewfoots pisses me off.

Yeah, the lolz of losing the Penguins games by giving the other team powerplays/momentum shifts.

Kmshrkx 03-20-2011 02:48 PM

Cooke needs a sizable suspension. This cheapshot headshot is this goons history. If the NHL doesn't come down hard on him, then the NHL isn't interested in eliminating headshots.

useref15 03-20-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 31792742)
We know this.

I'll just enjoy the lulz he brings. I certainly enjoyed his little act tonight, he totally shifted the momentum of the game to us with that, and basically lost his team the game.

I seriously question sometimes if you really are a Rangers fan. What if he hurt McD? Would you be enjoying the lulz? It just makes no sense. Is it funny that he might have ended Savards career?

Watch for the Yeti 03-20-2011 02:49 PM

Matt Cooke sucks.

Brutal hit today..

Should get 20 games+fine

JeffMangum 03-20-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by useref15 (Post 31792849)
I seriously question sometimes if you really are a Rangers fan. What if he hurt McD? Would you be enjoying the lulz? It just makes no sense. Is it funny that he might have ended Savards career?

Whoa, calm the hell down.

I'm talking about MOST of his little antics. Not the ones like that.

"Question if I'm a Ranger fan"? Okay. I don't care. :laugh:

Loffen 03-20-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 31792826)
Yeah, the lolz of losing the Penguins games by giving the other team powerplays/momentum shifts.

Well, that is enjoyable. But still... He's a career killer and dosen't respect the players.

The league needs to lay down the law this time around.

wolfgaze 03-20-2011 02:52 PM

Remember when Ryan Hollweg kept getting terrible boarding penalties? First couple we tried to take in stride but then when he kept doing it, it became pretty clear the guy had no self control or composure.... Well Matt Cooke is the same way.... He's proven he can't control himself with regards to making dirty plays, he needs to be out of the league just like Hollweg....

KingWantsCup 03-20-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonKid97 (Post 31792863)
Matt Cooke sucks.

Brutal hit today..

Should get 20 games+fine

I wish they could just ban him. He's dangerous and one of these days he's gonna turn some unsuspecting player into a vegetable. I would hope he gets a penalty like this however, as it's the only relatively reasonable punishment considering he's a repeat offender. That's the amount you have to give every time to a jerk off like Cooke. I swear if I ever saw him I'd spit in his face. I completely regret not heckling him at the Rangers Pens game I went to.

wensink 03-20-2011 02:52 PM

Trivia question. Who said this?

We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action."

Answer: the person that probably won't say a word about today....Mario Lemieux

JeffMangum 03-20-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 31792913)
Well, that is enjoyable. But still... He's a career killer and dosen't respect the players.

The league needs to lay down the law this time around.

They really do, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

McDonagh wasn't injured, and while that SHOULDN'T factor all that much into the decision making, you know it will play a huge role in the amount of games he gets. Also, you have him being a player on the Penguins...he'll get 4 games max, imo. I'd love to see him get 10+, but with this league, only a player like Gillies, who completely pushed it to the limit of human respect got.

BlueshirtBlitz 03-20-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 31792799)
Enjoy the lolz?

Seriously. It's a disgrace.

Balej20* 03-20-2011 02:56 PM

Mario Lemieux is a disgrace to the NHL. Biggest hypocrite going.

Bleed Ranger Blue 03-20-2011 02:57 PM

Most Pens fans seem to be fed up with Cooke, but the frightening thing is its more because his antics cost them the game.

What about the bigger issue here? How much longer is the league and the Penguins going to let this ******* continue to go head hunting, potentially putting careers and livelihoods in jeopardy? He already did a number on Marc Savard's career.

And Mario Lemieux's stance on these issues is the right message, but the hypocrisy involved is laughable and embarassing. Wheres the logic in sending a message that the league needs to clean up this garbage, while his team employs the most notorious headshot artist in the league? Doesnt that make your franchise a major part of the problem?

Skrimpy 03-20-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 31792742)
We know this.

Whatever Mast. He's a failure as a hockey player and apparently becoming a failure as a dirty hockey player as his intent to injure Ryan didn't hurt him all that much. :laugh:

useref15 03-20-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 31792957)
I'd love to see him get 10+, but with this league, only a player like Gillies, who completely pushed it to the limit of human respect got.

You said on the main board you think he should get 2-3....

JeffMangum 03-20-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by useref15 (Post 31793084)
You said on the main board you think he should get 2-3....

I think he WILL get. Probably worded it wrong. Was too busy hurting my throat from yelling in joy.

NYGBleedBlueNYR 03-20-2011 03:00 PM

If Mario was smart he'd send him home til next season. Hes gonna lose all of the reg season anyways & makes him look much less of a hypocrite.

wolfgaze 03-20-2011 03:04 PM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Penguin's lockerroom... What does Matt Cooke say to his teammates after a disgrace like that that loses them the hockey game? What does the coach say to Matt Cooke in front of the team after a display like that? How can you tolerate that type of selfish and dangerous behavior on the ice?

Fitzy 03-20-2011 03:06 PM

We have a 3rd line scrub skating around injuring and potentially ending the careers of much better NHL players. He is bad for the league, both in image, spirit, and in terms of the good talent that he takes off the ice.

wensink 03-20-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 31793276)
We have a 3rd line scrub skating around injuring and potentially ending the careers of much better NHL players. He is bad for the league, both in image, spirit, and in terms of the good talent that he takes off the ice.

Also...he's the alternate captain of the Pens....talk about some hypocrisy (yoo-hoo...Mario!!!).

:shakehead

Blueblood 2 03-20-2011 03:15 PM

Repeat offender. He will get minimum 9 games and a fine. Book it!