HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hometown Hero Hat trick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=893455)

triggrman 03-20-2011 06:46 PM

Hometown Hero Hat trick

Sweet.....

PredsChik 03-20-2011 06:56 PM

Happiest. Girl. EVER.

Next jersey, for sure.

OpenWheel 03-20-2011 06:58 PM

Congratulations to Geoffrion. He sure has played stronger early than I expected. He does have good hockey sense, as others have noted.

The hat trick must be even sweeter to know we needed every last one of his goals, to get this important win. Not in some blowout.

Congrats Blake!

triggrman 03-20-2011 07:20 PM

Man, I left "Hero" out of the title.. Can one of the Mods fix?

Jarnberg 03-20-2011 07:24 PM

On his first goal, Geoffrion made the steal at the blueline which lead the rush down the ice to the eventual score.

On the second, he stole the puck from the defensemen before jamming it home.

On his third, he won a crucial faceoff and went right to the net for the tip.

Not the flashiest or prettiest hat trick you'll ever see, but he made solid little plays on each goal. Well deserved hat trick.

I Will Son 03-20-2011 08:04 PM

Geoffrion making tn natives proud

Seth Lake 03-20-2011 08:12 PM

Best part about all of Blake's goals thus far have been that they are simple plays devoid of any flashy displays of skill. These goals are a result of reading the play, going to scoring areas, and basic fundamentals.

I've had Blake pegged as a top-9 forward since I saw him play the year after he was drafted, but I've always maintained he could develop into a top-6 talent if things came together the right way. Still a long way to go, but I've been very pleased with his start thus far and look forward to his continued development.

Personally, I think he still has a ways to go before he reaches his ceiling. I think we're only seeing him scratch the surface of his talents. Not expecting a first-line contributor, but I believe he'll wind up as a solid two-way top-6 forward before all is said and done...

predfan24 03-20-2011 08:39 PM

LEGENDARY

Everything this kid is touching right now is turning into gold.

randymc2641 03-20-2011 09:00 PM

should we throw hats on ice at warm up tuesday?

Wine Cups 03-20-2011 09:02 PM

I'll agree with that one.

WTG!

Joe T Choker 03-20-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randymc2641 (Post 31802744)

I'm going to

golfmade 03-20-2011 09:25 PM

Let's not underestimate the fact that we were down 3-1 in the third, things were looking grim and he scores two goals to tie it up.

Congrats on his first hat trick! :yo: :handclap:

Legionnaire11 03-20-2011 09:29 PM

Wish someone could take the time to dig up all of the posts over the last two seasons or so when folks started giving up on Blake and saying 4th liner at best if he ever sticks in the NHL... Probably the same people who are already giving up on Austin Watson.

token grinder 03-20-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 (Post 31803400)
Wish someone could take the time to dig up all of the posts over the last two seasons or so when folks started giving up on Blake and saying 4th liner at best if he ever sticks in the NHL... Probably the same people who are already giving up on Austin Watson.

i am not too proud to admit that i posted something along the lines of "everytime blake looks in the mirror he sees smithson." a lot of hockey to play in front of him, but my crow sammich tastes ok right now

predfan24 03-20-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

ME ME ME ME!:laugh: I'll admit he has much better hands and offensive instincts than I ever gave him credit for. He still has a long way to go but he does seem to have that "it" factor.

Paranoid Android 03-20-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Won't be hard. EVERYONE was saying it :laugh: (myself included)

Makes the story even better. Defying all odds and naysayers. Who knows how high this kid can go

token grinder 03-21-2011 08:47 AM

I think it is also smart to temper expectations here too. 11 games does not a career make.

jderick81 03-21-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randymc2641 (Post 31802744)

This, I'll bring extra hats too!

Can we get lots of Bam Bam signs?

jderick81 03-21-2011 11:00 AM

I think it would be cool to throw our hats when Paul says, "Please stand and remove your hats and join us in singing the national anthem."

preds1 03-21-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jderick81 (Post 31809999)
This, I'll bring extra hats too!

Can we get lots of Bam Bam signs?

Will bring extras. You guys in the lower bowl better get them onto the ice for me!

Seth Lake 03-21-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jderick81 (Post 31810372)
I think it would be cool to throw our hats when Paul says, "Please stand and remove your hats and join us in singing the national anthem."

I understand the temptation, but DO NOT throw your hats on the ice at Tuesday's game. We are in the middle of a huge playoff race and as soon as they get to the rink tomorrow (today's practice was cancelled) they will be focusing on Edmonton.

Celebrating a hat trick from the previous game does not help the team. They need to remain focused on the challenge at hand and that is Edmonton.

Section303.com is working with the team to arrange some sort of hat celebration, stay tuned for details, but DON'T throw hats on the ice during the Edmonton game unless the Preds score another hat trick...

OpenWheel 03-21-2011 12:50 PM

Focusing on Edmonton hasn't worked so well for them lately. Celebrate the rookie hat trick and maybe they won't grip the sticks tight.

If someone wants to add to their own fun by celebrating a hat trick, let them.

Seth Lake 03-21-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWheel (Post 31812277)
Focusing on Edmonton hasn't worked so well for them lately. Celebrate the rookie hat trick and maybe they won't grip the sticks tight.

If someone wants to add to their own fun by celebrating a hat trick, let them.

I'm not going to make anyone's decision for them, but I am presenting the other side of the equation. Do whatever you want.

We don't match up well with Edmonton or other teams that clog the neutral zone, have size, and counter-attack with speed (LA, PIT, DAL, etc). It's been a problem all year long.

I'm just saying that throwing hats on the ice during (warmups included) the Edmonton game is going to be a unnecessary distraction for the team.

A couple years ago Erat scored a hat trick on the road and the team flooded his locker with hats after the next game. I'm sure they'll do something similar this time around too.

OpenWheel 03-21-2011 12:59 PM

I'm sure some hats will get thrown. And I find it hard to believe it will be the slightest problem for the players. Maybe some will be pleased to see the Pred fans were tuned in to their road game and that they want to show the team how much they loved it.

But yeah, not my call anyway. Some people may be bothered by it, others not. I don't know if the ushers will take exception either.

token grinder 03-21-2011 01:00 PM

so why don't we disrupt edmonton and throw hats on their side of the ice?