HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Status of Lombardi? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=894343)

wadesworld 03-23-2011 12:57 AM

Status of Lombardi?

I know nobody here can know for sure, but just wondering what the rumors are on Lombardi.

Last I heard he had a concussion, but as far as I know, he's been out almost the entire season. While concussions are serious business, in football you typically see a player come back from a concussion in the 3-8 week timeframe. Just seems strange...

Anyone got any additional info?

Nitrous Mafia 03-23-2011 01:46 AM

He is frozen in carbonite.

Fo Shea Shea 03-23-2011 07:46 AM

Football players don't have to skate and use have the balance or have the type of hand eye coordination that NHL players do. It takes a while for that to comeback. Some people might get over it quicker than others. The docs won't clear him till they are sure he's ready.

101st_fan 03-23-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadesworld (Post 31850809)
I know nobody here can know for sure, but just wondering what the rumors are on Lombardi.

Last I heard he had a concussion, but as far as I know, he's been out almost the entire season. While concussions are serious business, in football you typically see a player come back from a concussion in the 3-8 week timeframe. Just seems strange...

Anyone got any additional info?

Football players are finally starting to realize that they have been rushing back too early for years and causing permanent injury from repeated concussions. Duerson's brain was donated to medical research after his multiple concussions. There was a time in hockey where players rushed back as soon as they could skate even if they still demonstrated symptoms. Even the Army makes guys sit out after getting their bell rung and will evacuate Soldiers from combat zones for concussions.

barrytrotzsneck 03-23-2011 09:33 AM

I'm more curious about O'Reilly and Bouillon, since both should, theoretically, be in line to come back relatively soon..

Fo Shea Shea 03-23-2011 09:37 AM

Don't know about O'Reily's broken leg. I wouldn't plan on seeing him at all. Healing, rehab, skating, and getting back into game shape would take a while. Bouillon has that concussion thing so who knows.

barrytrotzsneck 03-23-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 31852981)
Don't know about O'Reily's broken leg. I wouldn't plan on seeing him at all. Healing, rehab, skating, and getting back into game shape would take a while. Bouillon has that concussion thing so who knows.

He was originally slated to be back in the middle of March, and last I heard, he was walking normally and "building strength."

Filip Forceberg 03-23-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 31853130)
He was originally slated to be back in the middle of March, and last I heard, he was walking normally and "building strength."

He sits in my section. I saw him walking last night and he didn't seem to be having any trouble. He's out of the boot.

Seth Lake 03-23-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 31853130)

Cal is skating for the first time today. NHLPredsInsider just tweeted that news. O'Reilly is working hard to make a comeback this season.

roseyc 03-23-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 31854127)
Cal is skating for the first time today. NHLPredsInsider just tweeted that news. O'Reilly is working hard to make a comeback this season.

Any word on the Cube?

Seth Lake 03-23-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseyc (Post 31854182)
Any word on the Cube?

He had lunch with Lombardi at a Mexican restaurant yesterday in Lebanon...

No, both Bouillon and Lombardi are concussed and out indefinitely...

roseyc 03-23-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 31854263)

No, both Bouillon and Lombardi are concussed and out indefinitely...

Thanks

Preds Partisan 03-23-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseyc (Post 31854182)
Any word on the Cube?

I believe Cooper said recently that Cube had a setback and was experiencing headaches. I wouldn't count on his return.

token grinder 03-23-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 31854263)

are they sure they did?

triggrman 03-23-2011 12:09 PM

Is their really room for cube anymore? He's not going to take Blum's spot.

Seth Lake 03-23-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 31855055)
are they sure they did?

If they don't remember, they can always look at Twitter. They poised for a picture with a fan that was tweeted yesterday. That's the only reason I even know they were there...;)

PredsV82 03-23-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 31855063)
Is their really room for cube anymore? He's not going to take Blum's spot.

I think he's going to be the 7th defenseman going forward. the prototypical "Veteran defensive depth"

glenngineer 03-23-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 31855599)
I think he's going to be the 7th defenseman going forward. the prototypical "Veteran defensive depth"

Or he takes O'Brien's spot alongside Franson next year and we have someone else at the 7th defenseman. The only way that doesn't happen is if Josi or Ellis steps up in the preseason and demonstrate that they're ready for the big time or if we re-sign SOB.

PredsV82 03-23-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 31855687)
Or he takes O'Brien's spot alongside Franson next year and we have someone else at the 7th defenseman. The only way that doesn't happen is if Josi or Ellis steps up in the preseason and demonstrate that they're ready for the big time or if we re-sign SOB.

I was just referring to the rest of this year, if he does in fact return.

I agree next year he either takes OB's spot or if another youngster is ready to move up then he will remain as the 7th man

predfan24 03-23-2011 03:11 PM

Trade Boullion Sign SOB

jlsg 03-23-2011 03:38 PM

Keep Cube and SOB, trade Franson ;)

OpenWheel 03-23-2011 04:07 PM

I find myself hoping we can keep SOB as well. When he's not in one of his stupid penalty phases he has really helped us out. I don't want him to get much if any of a raise though.

I hope we can keep Kostitsyn too. But another guy I don't want us to overpay. He will get a nice raise though. We need to be able to pay Shea and Suter.

I will consider it a huge bonus if Lombardi plays again and plays well. A bad break on that contract. But of course if he rests and rehabs long enough it may happen that he fully recovers, in which case he will likely be a solid player for us. But I don't even think about him when I think of our future forwards.

PredsV82 03-23-2011 04:26 PM

I think we cant keep SOB unless he takes a pay cut.

wadesworld 03-24-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWheel (Post 31859403)
]
I hope we can keep Kostitsyn too. But another guy I don't want us to overpay. He will get a nice raise though. We need to be able to pay Shea and Suter.

SK is only making $550K and has been worth every penny and then some in my opinion. You're right, he should get a nice raise, but as productive as he's been it'd have to be a huge raise to be overpaying him.

predfan24 03-24-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 31859746)
I think we cant keep SOB unless he takes a pay cut.

I think your right but even though I do not think the Preds would actually do this that's why I proposed trading Boullion and re-signing SOB. Cube makes 1.5 next year. If SOB agreed to a 2 year 1.75 deal I'd do that for sure. I love Frankie and he plays much bigger than his size but SOB is actually BIG and he's probably been more solid for us and unlike Cube were not trying to force him into a position he shouldn't be in (2nd pairing). Can't see Cube taking Blum's spot and he shouldn't to be honest.