HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: "The Sinless Stone Casters" vs "Public Enemy #1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=894405)

FallsForItEveryYear 03-23-2011 09:13 AM

"The Sinless Stone Casters" vs "Public Enemy #1

Let it Begin!!!

Go Bruins!

Seguin is going to light the lamp twice

my timing is impeccable. wonder if my thread title conflicts with the rules of montreal boston threads as posted moments ago.

Gee Wally 03-23-2011 09:15 AM

Just in case someone misses it:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=894406

Ten Thousand Hours 03-23-2011 09:18 AM

Game of the year.

Kate08 03-23-2011 09:19 AM

Posted this on Facebook today as a preemptive apology to my friends for the stretch run and playoffs. It starts tomorrow.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...831/hockey.png

I AM EXCITED!!!

FallsForItEveryYear 03-23-2011 09:20 AM

let me get the serious discussions started.

will the bruins start tuukka or thomas?

i think its debatable. Thomas has had his issues against montreal for some reason so it might not be bad to get Tuukka the start.

the key to this game is bringing our skating legs and making hits ever opportunity. clean hits. have to stay out of the box. montreal always seems to make us pay on PPs.

Kate08 03-23-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear (Post 31853482)

i think its debatable. Thomas has had his issues against montreal for some reason so it might not be bad to get Tuukka the start.

the key to this game is bringing our skating legs and making hits ever opportunity. clean hits. have to stay out of the box. montreal always seems to make us pay on PPs.

I think it has to be Thomas given Tuukka's last outing against Montreal. When they scored as early as they did, it kind of took the wind out of the sails.

lopey 03-23-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Good question. I say we have to go with Thomas to see if he can break the snid against the Habs. It is looking more and more that we will be playing them in the playoffs. If we can have Tim play up to his standards and win, he will have the confidence to play them in the playoffs. If he loses, we'll I don't know what to do come playoff time.

Ten Thousand Hours 03-23-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

It has to be Thomas. We can't hide him from the big games. And it's not like Tuukka played well against Montreal either.

BrainOfJ 03-23-2011 09:30 AM

This one will be ugly. On the ice and on the boards.

Vic Rattlehead* 03-23-2011 09:31 AM

Exam tomorrow at 2:45-5:30...hoping to meet up with people downtown not only to drink to celebrate the small window of free time between this week and next, but also to catch the game as well.

Jack Donaghy 03-23-2011 09:31 AM

Dear Horton: Please learn how to finish.

Shoebottom 03-23-2011 09:33 AM

Love the title FFIEY! Please no food or sex for Chara till after the game. I want to see the shocked Poulliot look on all the hab faces. Are the habs going to offer Gill as sacrifice to Chara?

Kate08 03-23-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelsox (Post 31853624)
This one will be ugly. On the ice and on the boards.

And in the stands.

I asked my beer guy last night if they were going down to a 1 beer/transaction for Thursday and he said if they were they hadn't made the call yet.

Scotto74 03-23-2011 09:34 AM

This is great I have tomorrow off and Friday off. Looking forward to a big game from the B's.

Kovi 03-23-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoebottom (Post 31853650)
Please no food or sex for Chara till after the game.

lol, wut?

Ivyy13 03-23-2011 09:36 AM

This is going to be a CRAZY game.

I can't wait. So far away. :cry:

FallsForItEveryYear 03-23-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovi (Post 31853685)
lol, wut?

its best not to be satisfied before a big game.

well known fact.

hungry ornery players are better players. ....it says ornery:naughty:

SerenityRick 03-23-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopey (Post 31853529)
Good question. I say we have to go with Thomas to see if he can break the snid against the Habs. It is looking more and more that we will be playing them in the playoffs. If we can have Tim play up to his standards and win, he will have the confidence to play them in the playoffs. If he loses, we'll I don't know what to do come playoff time.

This is a very good point.

Since the hockey Gods have a sick twisted sense of humor, we'll probably play the Habs once again and the sooner Thomas can figure out how these guys tick, the better.

I'm thinking the game will be extremely chippy. If the B's bring the physical presence they brought against New Jersey, I think we'll be alright.

Need our PP to click more. my gut feeling is we'll see Seguin score on the PP finally. We'll also see him set up Pevz for a goal. Lucic will be a force now that he's got #30 out of the way and off his shoulders and we'll see an early goal from him.
My prediction for the game is 4-2. Empty netter from Kelly.

iRONic™ 03-23-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejickler (Post 31853637)
Dear Horton: Please learn how to finish.

Dear Jicks,

Get off my jock. Looch has 30, Krech is heating up, and I'm playing mean. (ask Salmonella and Talinder)

kthx,
Nate

Roll 4 Lines 03-23-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Timmy earned this start with his play last night.

drd73 03-23-2011 09:41 AM

I don't think we're gonna see anything close to the last time these 2 played at the garden with campbell and bettman probably being in attendence and 2 points valuable to both teams,other than the occasional scrum in front of the goalies unless the score get's out of hand i think it'll be pretty tame

Jack Donaghy 03-23-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRONic™ (Post 31853733)
Dear Jicks,

Get off my jock. Looch has 30, Krech is heating up, and I'm playing mean. (ask Salmonella and Talinder)

kthx,
Nate

:laugh: Please, if you see an open net, don't pull to your backhand, then back again, and so forth. Don't give the goalie time to get back in position, okay? I still love ya, and keep playing physical!!!

LucicIsABeast 03-23-2011 09:43 AM

Sad day that I am going to miss this one and I wish there was a way out of it. Might catch about 30 minutes but thats it

iRONic™ 03-23-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityRick (Post 31853720)
This is a very good point.

Since the hockey Gods have a sick twisted sense of humor, we'll probably play the Habs once again and the sooner Thomas can figure out how these guys tick, the better.

I'm thinking the game will be extremely chippy. If the B's bring the physical presence they brought against New Jersey, I think we'll be alright.

Need our PP to click more. my gut feeling is we'll see Seguin score on the PP finally. We'll also see him set up Pevz for a goal. Lucic will be a force now that he's got #30 out of the way and off his shoulders and we'll see an early goal from him.
Empty netter from Kelly.

I'm down with this also, except the bolded. *snicker*

TT has to beat these smurfs.

TP 03-23-2011 09:45 AM

Dear Lord,

I don't ask for much... okay, maybe I do, but this is one I really really want. Pretty please, with sugar on top. Let us defeat these bums tomorrow night. I beg you.

Thanks,

Amen