HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   history will be made/history fights back commercial (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=894691)

Intentional Icing 03-23-2011 10:39 PM

history will be made/history fights back commercial

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...1083&id=104483

i'm so glad that they continued with this commercial series. i can honestly say that this is the only commercial that i actually enjoy watching.

Beef Invictus 03-23-2011 10:50 PM

I have never enjoyed a sports commercial as much as I have this series. The Flyers comeback one give me chills...especially when they show The Timeout.

Snipsnap12 03-23-2011 11:25 PM

"It is a night they will talk about forever, and the Flyers all know it. For the record, it was May 14, 2010. It was the night when the Flyers did the impossible." - Rich Hofmann, Phila. Daily News

"Peter Laviolette sat there and for several seconds, his eyes seemed to tear up. The coach appeared to be overcome by another, frantic Flyers finish, played out against incredible odds that was a sheer act of defiance by a group of players who won’t succumb to the inevitable. No matter how daunting the odds." - Tim Panaccio, CSNPhilly.com

Snipsnap12 03-23-2011 11:29 PM

amazing..... cap it off with a stanley cup this year, dont let this memory fade away without solidifying it. Sure we didnt finished the job last year, but if we can be victorious in june, it will all be complete, and these two years will be forever cemented as greatness in flyers history.

PhilaFlyers 03-23-2011 11:30 PM

Chills

infidelappel* 03-24-2011 12:16 AM

That night will likely remain my proudest moment as a Flyers fan for a very, very long time. I just watched that commercial like 5 times, too...

Honestly, even if we win a Cup some time soon...a championship is one thing, but what that team was able to accomplish in that series is even more rare than that. I'm really not sure if winning the grail is the same as that...probably because I've never seen my team do it in my lifetime.

Beef Invictus 03-24-2011 12:23 AM

If I ever find a high quality picture of that shot where Lavi is jumping on the bench as the clock hits zero, it's getting framed and placed on my wall.

This as well.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0060387078.jpg

In G We Trust 03-24-2011 12:32 AM

wow, first time i've seen the new one....absolutely incredible

BernieParent 03-24-2011 11:31 AM

The timeout image gets me the most. Laviolette holding up his index finger: "Let's get the first one." Had they had another 1-2 seconds, Richards hitting Krejci would be an important addition, given how much that changed the series.

drownedsailors 03-24-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 31874871)
The timeout image gets me the most. Laviolette holding up his index finger: "Let's get the first one." Had they had another 1-2 seconds, Richards hitting Krejci would be an important addition, given how much that changed the series.

He's actually saying "We need one goal" as in we need one goal before the end of the period (thanks jvr!!) which would make the come back a lot easier.

PhillyFlying 03-24-2011 01:07 PM

it's exciting revisiting this now. it would've been nice to finish it off; do it this year.

kammy 03-24-2011 01:23 PM

my favorite commercial... i dontk now why... it just is..

Phileeguy 03-24-2011 01:38 PM

As much as I love the "Comeback" installment, "History Unites a City," and the continuation of History Will Be Made for this season, there's just something about last year's commercials that are slightly better to me. Maybe it's the lack of spoken word for the most part, the whole rewinding and "what if" idea, the piano melody, or just the fact that I saw and enjoyed them for as long as the Flyers run was going. I don't think last years will be topped in my mind until they run these kind of commercials alongside a Stanley Cup winning Flyers team.

infidelappel* 03-24-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phileeguy (Post 31877335)
As much as I love the "Comeback" installment, "History Unites a City," and the continuation of History Will Be Made for this season, there's just something about last year's commercials that are slightly better to me. Maybe it's the lack of spoken word for the most part, the whole rewinding and "what if" idea, the piano melody, or just the fact that I saw and enjoyed them for as long as the Flyers run was going. I don't think last years will be topped in my mind until they run these kind of commercials alongside a Stanley Cup winning Flyers team.

Right there with you.

Last year's were much more artistic - silent save for the piano melody (which was beautiful). And the whole effect they put on was a lot more surreal and dreamy. I think it was just a better statement spot focused on simplicity that still told the story (in an interesting way).

These just feel like they're trying to tap into last year's, and are lacking the heart and originality.

Another case of the NHL trying too hard to run with a good thing too much?

ShawnTHW 03-24-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers (Post 31869462)
Chills

Yep literally gave me chills.

thejinx13 03-24-2011 03:06 PM

That game happened on my birthday.

Can you believe it. I was born on May 14th, and was out with a few friends at a watering hole celebrating.

To top it off I missed the first period giving a complete stranger a ride home from the a Tim Horton's Coffee Shop.
The dude gave me a 'no cash on me sob story' and I fell for it. It was a 15 minute trip one way so no biggie (and I left my place late), but I'd like to think it was karma that night for the good deed. I was rewarded for that good deed with the biggest comeback in NHL playoff history.:)

Yukon Cornelius 03-25-2011 12:19 PM

I can only speak for myself but I imagine there is a certain age group here who's childhood was also scarred by this one. One year removed from what is arguably the greatest team not to drink from Lord Stanley, minutes removed from a brilliant stick save from Hexy, 13 year old soupkitchen wept for hours.

Snipsnap12 03-25-2011 04:37 PM

not a commercial... but this video really gets to me

DrinkFightFlyers 03-25-2011 05:12 PM

I can't wait for the playoffs. That is all.

flyersjamminontheone 03-25-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 31906375)
I can't wait for the playoffs. That is all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 31870046)
That night will likely remain my proudest moment as a Flyers fan for a very, very long time. I just watched that commercial like 5 times, too...

Honestly, even if we win a Cup some time soon...a championship is one thing, but what that team was able to accomplish in that series is even more rare than that. I'm really not sure if winning the grail is the same as that...probably because I've never seen my team do it in my lifetime.

Word up! I needed this link do brighten the mood!

MsWoof 03-25-2011 06:16 PM

I like this new one better than last year's. Every time I see it I get teary eyed.

PhilaFlyers 03-25-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 (Post 31906017)

not a commercial... but this video really gets to me

Haha thanks man, I made that.

widespreadpanic 04-18-2011 09:01 PM

"City" - History Will Be Made

Didn't see this posted. Just saw the commercial tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gT_DEdFQU (incase the [yt] doesnt work)

skoods 04-18-2011 10:39 PM

There ya go.

Love this commercial. Love Gene Hart.

Justified 04-18-2011 11:09 PM

they are great but I like last years music way better. They sometimes made my hair stand up with that music.