HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ticket Prices Going Up Next Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=895735)

GKJ 03-26-2011 02:05 PM

Ticket Prices Going Up Next Season
 
Invoices are making it out to houses of STH's, so naturally, we're given such great news before it's announced.

Shouldn't be a shock to anyone really, since there has been no increase in 3 years. However, what's going to really rub people the wrong way is that they make up for that by what seems to be a rather significant hike for single games.

For instance, the "game-day ticket price" for a seat in the last row of the building went from $26 to $46 (for STH though it went from $23 to $30). $46 is what I pay for both seats in the top row. So, you can probably imagine how that grows throughout the building.

The 200-level will be tiered pricing by each row as well.

Jester 03-26-2011 02:09 PM

2010-11: 101.0%
2009-10: 100.2%
2008-9: 100.2%
2007-8: 100.3%
2006-7: 98.9% (worst team in the league)

Needless to say, demand is high and that leads to higher prices.

usahockey22flyers 03-26-2011 02:19 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we stopped selling out every game.

(Coming from a season ticket holder)

GKJ 03-26-2011 02:21 PM

Oh I'm aware of the business of it. That's part of what a STH signs up for from year-to-year. If you or I don't pay for it, someone else will anyways.

Jester 03-26-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers (Post 31920450)
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we stopped selling out every game.

(Coming from a season ticket holder)

I would be. My understanding (haven't looked at the numbers in a few years) is that the Flyers are relatively modestly priced if you look around the league. That's despite having a lot of success, and one of the more rabid/loyal groups of fans in the league.

DrinkFightFlyers 03-26-2011 02:28 PM

Bummer. Can't blame 'em though. They have what people want.

GKJ 03-26-2011 02:34 PM

The other side of the price hike for STH's, is even though that doesn't feel good, they have had improved benefits, basically since Holmgren and Luukko took over (both of whom I was critical of even).

DrinkFightFlyers 03-26-2011 02:37 PM

I will say this though, a $20 increase for the cheapseats is pretty high. This will pretty much exclude me from attending more than one game a year (if that). :(

tuckrr 03-26-2011 03:14 PM

personally i think the NHL needs to title the next CBA "Making the NHL profitable again" and then pick a % (around 4-5) that the League should attempt to make.
currently, the cap moves up a little bit too fast, so the average team in the NHL loses money. If they were able to pick a % that they wanted to make each year, then they could increase the CAP to that optimal number from year to year. (also, the cap really shouldnt go down unless its a very VERY bad year or something)
-my 2 cents

Sawdalite 03-26-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 31920086)
Invoices are making it out to houses of STH's, so naturally, we're given such great news before it's announced.

Shouldn't be a shock to anyone really, since there has been no increase in 3 years. However, what's going to really rub people the wrong way is that they make up for that by what seems to be a rather significant hike for single games.

For instance, the "game-day ticket price" for a seat in the last row of the building went from $26 to $46 (for STH though it went from $23 to $30). $46 is what I pay for both seats in the top row. So, you can probably imagine how that grows throughout the building.

The 200-level will be tiered pricing by each row as well.

Please clarify this for me... Are you saying that row one will more expensive than row two+, and row two will be more expensive than row three+... and so on? That is how I'm reading this, but hope that that is not the case.

Or are you suggesting that the current policy of lower rows being dearer than higher rows... a certain assigned mid-range point.

I have a lower row STH but haven't been notified (By my managing 50/50 partner) of the invoice cost.

Thanks

xxjimmypxx 03-26-2011 04:17 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/23swvue.jpg

Sawdalite 03-26-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxjimmypxx (Post 31922645)

Thanks. :cry:

My partner passed that along to me and we are not happy... the average for the first 8 rows is $58.00 and was $51.00 last season. That would be a $7.00 increase... Row 8 people had no change while every row above it had an increase, and some were dear.

My partner is seriously considering dropping out... and he has had season tickets from the Sixties... it is just too expensive for him and he feels he couldn't sell off games at these prices.

I feel kinda bad because he didn't want to go Early Bird until I pushed the issue and he caved in... He didn't want to commit without knowing the cost -- a principle thing with him -- turns out he was correct in his thinking... but had we not, he would be seriously considering not renewing THIS season... which would screw me.

The point of this is that I believe this crappy move WILL cause many people to leave... thing is with the steps up in pricing being gradual, I'm certain people will quickly make the step up a row or two since we are talking only a couple bucks per game per row.

Jester 03-26-2011 05:32 PM

Just pick a set of games to put on stubhub and you should be fine on moving tickets, I'd think. The Flyers will continue to sell out... I'd be shocked if they didn't.

What's more, the two of you could also decide to give up a game in the playoffs and make good coin back on that, too.

The price range on tickets for the Bruins game on Sunday? $75-299.

You'll have zero problem moving those tickets at those prices (and making a profit).

http://www.stubhub.com/philadelphia-flyers-tickets/

ShawnTHW 03-26-2011 06:03 PM

I will only spend money on tickets if its a good game, a special occasion, or I just get them for free. If it's none of the above, I wait to buy tickets when they make the Stanley Cup Finals ;)

CanadianFlyer88 03-26-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 31920584)
I would be. My understanding (haven't looked at the numbers in a few years) is that the Flyers are relatively modestly priced if you look around the league. That's despite having a lot of success, and one of the more rabid/loyal groups of fans in the league.

I believe only Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Minnesota had higher average ticket prices in the 2009/10 season.

Jester 03-26-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 31926586)
I believe only Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Minnesota had higher average ticket prices in the 2009/10 season.

If so that's interesting, because Detroit used to be significantly above us, I believe.

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...95/119-2008-09

Interesting, Detroit's prices have dropped a full $10 on average since '03-'04.

The other thing you want to look at is median price and that type of stuff, because you can bring down the average with the uber cheap seats.

CanadianFlyer88 03-26-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 31926969)
If so that's interesting, because Detroit used to be significantly above us, I believe.

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...95/119-2008-09

Interesting, Detroit's prices have dropped a full $10 on average since '03-'04.

The other thing you want to look at is median price and that type of stuff, because you can bring down the average with the uber cheap seats.

Yeah, average price isn't the best way to look at it, since insanely priced top end tickets or a high distribution of cheap tickets can definitely skew the averages. I've never seen a median price index for NHL tickets, though.

The above quote was purely from memory, so I don't know if I missed anyone.

Jester 03-26-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 31927241)
Yeah, average price isn't the best way to look at it, since insanely priced top end tickets or a high distribution of cheap tickets can definitely skew the averages. I've never seen a median price index for NHL tickets, though.

The above quote was purely from memory, so I don't know if I missed anyone.

I know the lower bowl in Philly is quite reasonable compared to some, as are playoff tickets (Detroit has a HUGE jump in playoff ticket pricing, or at least they did in the past). Back when Chicago was awful they had the most expensive glass seats in the league (read that as part of an article ripping 'em for how poorly they were run and treated fans).

agentj* 03-26-2011 10:33 PM

Lower Level is now as follows:

Ice row $193
Cadillac Grille $102
Center Six (112,113,114,124,101,102) $95
Shoot twice end (103 around to 111) $89
Shoot once end (122,123,115,116,118,119,120) $85
117 and 121 $79

I have no clue why those two sections are less than the others at that end

All premium memberships went up significantly also. Flyers Cadillac Grille season membership is now $650.

Sawdalite 03-26-2011 10:52 PM

A few things:

I'm keeping my seats somehow, but 100% of the price on my ledger is not a good situation... I'm going to have to pay some bread to transfer the account ownership by Flyers rules first off; dead money like a little seat licence.

I'd still want to attend 50%+ games so I'd have to move 50%... Usually I select games I'd like to attend... I would have to change to taking more of the dog games and selling the prime games since nobody wants to pay for dog games... especially when they can walk up and get cheaper seats at the window... People want those games for free, and many STHs do give away bad/unwanted games as do Corporate owners.

As easy as it sounds moving tickets at times is difficult... You can check and see many games for large prices, but many never move. People always would ask me to tell them when I had tickets to sell... but when you have them and ask you get excuses and no sales from those who asked you.

I've sold tickets from the Flyers Market... but I had to wait until he following season to get my money while the Flyers used the cash hey go.

Certain games you can clean up on like the SCF Game Six that were sold to Chicago residents for many times the face value... and many people made a bundle on the last Penguins game -- see how many Pens fans attended? The row in front of me had three individual pairs of Pens fans directly in front and the entire row was 50% Pens fans; the STHs made good bread -- Many games however are unmovable... Try selling a Thrashers game or a Blue Jacket game... People want the Pens, Rangers, Devils, Habs, Wings, Leafs, Caps, Fan Appreciation, Opening Game... the games I want to attend myself... And forge moving the Preseason games.

Yes you can sell off the better games at a profit and pay a fee... and eat the bad games and Preseason games... but you end up with bunches of games to attend in a row, and big gaps with no games.

It seems easy to say you can move games, but i is not... even when the team is playing well and people are thrilled to attend... But when they are playing bad and when it is Christmas Season, or bad weather/snow, or the Eagles and Phillies are playing opposite them... the games when there are a boatload of empty seats due to no shows... those are games you either attend yourself or eat. Expect to see dog games in person and watch key match ups on he Telly.

I have found that ideally the way to go is have a partner from the outset and select games you want... spread out evenly throughout the season... and just go and enjoy.



... Another this is the way they screwed us here... They enticed early renewal commitments and tell us they do not know if they will raise prices or how much if they do -- yes, we talked to them and that is what they said -- You trust they just wan to know the ballpark number of STHs... We buy into it and commit and then they spring a new pricing method on us... They unevenly raised the prices and screwed many STHs... NOT FAIR!!!! And if we give up our seats we get crap seas if we want back in... so we really have little choice.

And the prices have gone up well over inflation... Seats were $8.50 for good seats per game, now we are talking ten times that in many case, or more. Has our disposable income risen that much in comparison? Is a $1.25/hr minimum wage job back then now a $12.50+/hr one?... Is a $200.00/wk job now a $2,000.00/wk position? In any case, back then it was easier to attend most games and park for free or for a buck or so... now we are talking about a couple hundred for a pair of seats and $150.00 or so to park and pushing $10.00 a pop for a beer including a tip and a fin plus for a dog and more than that for a soda... People HAVE to share Season Tickets and a trick like this last tier pricing per row really bumps up our per game cost and puts us in a hardship finding partners or moving many games.

To sum it up... Our seats will rise a full 23.5% while a people in the 8th row will have NO increase whatsoever... twenty-three-pointFREAKING-five FREAKINGpercent... My income will not.







.... Sorry for the rant. :rant:

Sawdalite 03-26-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentj (Post 31933774)
Lower Level is now as follows:

Ice row $193
Cadillac Grille $102
Center Six (112,113,114,124,101,102) $95
Shoot twice end (103 around to 111) $89
Shoot once end (122,123,115,116,118,119,120) $85
117 and 121 $79

I have no clue why those two sections are less than the others at that end

All premium memberships went up significantly also. Flyers Cadillac Grille season membership is now $650.

Times each of those by 45 and then again by two for pairs... nice chunks of change the Flyers will be raking in.

It would be interesting to see how much of a jump they took... And I assume that the entire section is the same price regardless of the rows beyond the glass seats... unlike the Mezzanine unfair and uneven pricing method.

FlyerCub 03-26-2011 11:07 PM

As someone with a game plan in the last row of the mezzanine who has a friend with a separate account seated next to me, I can already tell it's going to be a massive headache trying to figure this out and manage to hold onto something comparable next season.

agentj* 03-26-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdalite (Post 31934269)
Times each of those by 45 and then again by two for pairs... nice chunks of change the Flyers will be raking in.

It would be interesting to see how much of a jump they took... And I assume that the entire section is the same price regardless of the rows beyond the glass seats... unlike the Mezzanine unfair and uneven pricing method.

My Cadillac Grille tickets were $94 last season so + $8.
And yes, other than ice row all rows in the section are the same.

Sawdalite 03-26-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerCub (Post 31934365)
As someone with a game plan in the last row of the mezzanine who has a friend with a separate account seated next to me, I can already tell it's going to be a massive headache trying to figure this out and manage to hold onto something comparable next season.

So if you had an end section it rose from $23.00 to $37.00 (+$14.00)... but if you had a non-end section it only rose $1.00 from $36.00 to $37.00.

Doesn't seem quite fair to me.

Also I just now noticed that the middle sections within the Blue Lines are now priced by row the same as the other rows... So those in those sections would now be getting a reduced bargain.

Again not fair, BUT will get favorable feelings by those benefiting... there will be enough getting a break that the ones getting shafted will not have support.

It seems that it is making the rows the deciding factor rather than he location as to sight-lines or blocks of rows... Fair I guess if done from the start, but not fair if jerking around some in order to redraft the policy in one swoop.

IMO his move should have had some preannouncement damage control work where things were discussed and explained and maybe allocation of seating offered in a fair manner to keep a STH price closer yet not jerk him to a much worse seat.

Again, pardon my rants here... but I'm pissed... and feel like I've been taken advantage of.

Sawdalite 03-26-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentj (Post 31935060)
My Cadillac Grille tickets were $94 last season so + $8.
And yes, other than ice row all rows in the section are the same.

Slightly more than an 8.5% increase for you... Not as bad as my 23.5%, but still too high IMO.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.