HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: Your taste in music? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=895787)

Firestorm 03-26-2011 05:15 PM

Your taste in music?

I listen to varying genres of music: rock, classic rock, alternative, pop, country, folk, jazz, classical, etc. But my main thing is collecting and listening to film music (Hans Zimmer, John Williams, that sort of thing).

Legionnaire11 03-26-2011 06:11 PM

Metal Mostly: Fear Factory, Amon Amarth, Slayer, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Cradle of Filth, Isis, Metallica, Black Sabbath, and more...

Rock/Punk: Deftones, Pink Floyd, Green Day, Weezer, Nirvana, Ben Folds Five, The Jayhawks, They Might Be Giants, Led Zeppelin, Rancid, The Offspring, The Misfits

Joe T Choker 03-26-2011 06:31 PM

anything except country & rap

AdmiralsFan24 03-26-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a killer (Post 31925695)
anything except country & rap

Add Justin Bieber and all Justin Bieber type music to this and I agree.

Fo Shea Shea 03-26-2011 07:11 PM

anything except country

triggrman 03-26-2011 07:31 PM

Anything but pop...

OpenWheel 03-26-2011 07:33 PM

Rock and roll band, everybody's waiting!
Getting crazy, anticipating!

Mostly rock, but anything good. Used to listen to a lot of jazz, when I played trumpet and saxophone, but not so much now. I like some country, but don't make a habit of listening to it.

golfmade 03-26-2011 07:34 PM

I'll listen to just about anything at least once.

I Will Son 03-26-2011 07:37 PM

I to like hanz zimmer. I love John Williams and Nicholas Hooper.

But i listen to rap, rock, pop, dubstep, electric, pretty much anything but country, jazz, blues and that nonsense.

Favorite artist=Eminem

triggrman 03-26-2011 07:56 PM

I will say, the older I get, the more I like country.

My list of favorites would be mixed from Tupac to Metallica to Zac Brown to Steely Dan.

TMI 03-26-2011 10:12 PM

I listen to everything from country to jazz to pop to rock to rap to death metal...

On my phone I have playlists that I listen to while walking around campus. The artists on those lists range from Garth Brooks, Billy Currington, and Shooter Jennings to Eminem, T.I., Tupac, Bone Thugs in Harmony, Wu Tang, and Kanye to APC, Tool, Incubus, Our Lady Peace, and Weezer to Ryan Adams, Damien Rice, The Pogues, and Jeff Buckley to Between the Buried and Me, Mastodon, Opeth, Metallica, and Iron Maiden to Dizzy Gillespie, Count Bassie, Miles Davis, and Charlie Parker to BB King, SRV, Eric Clapton and Leadbelly to Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Who, and the Alman Bros. Just depends on the mood I'm in when I walk from class to class

Paincakes 03-27-2011 02:40 PM

Iron Maiden

Everything else on Earth

JohniusMaximus 03-27-2011 03:26 PM

If it's not rap I'll give it a try. I tried rap and it had the same effect as that baseball game I went to: Sleep.

And whatever that crap is where some guy growls into a microphone and people dressed in black hop around to it...I can't stand that either.

Otherwise I'm pretty open. When I browse through my media player we've got The Beatles, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ted Nugent, Metallica, Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Bach, Alabama, Brad Paisley, Eric Church, Charlie Daniels, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Alan Jackson, Billy Joel, Peter Gabriel, Boston, Creed, The Eagles, Evanescence, Gary Allan, INXS, Johnny Cash, Tom Petty, Anna Phoebe, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Pink and then I get tired of looking.

If I like the sound of it I'll listen to it. If not I won't. I got over the intricacies of musical talent a while ago. It's all about sound now. I'm too lazy to care about much else.

Nitrous Mafia 03-27-2011 05:01 PM

Anything that is good.

I've got about 35k songs encompassing many genres.

Seth Lake 03-27-2011 05:38 PM

Southern Rock (The Outlaws, Lynyrd Syknyrd, Molly Hatchet, Marshall Tucker Band, Allman Brothers, etc), Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Heavy Metal, Country, etc...

I'm pretty much open to anything except for rap and most hip-hop...

Drake744 03-27-2011 09:17 PM

I listen to stuff that I've never been able to really characterize. My favorite bands are things like Atreyu, Anberlin, Senses Fail, Muse, A Day to Remember, Keane, Saosin, There For Tomorrow, Framing Hanley, etc. But I'll listen to some other stuff. I don't like country and I don't really like rap.

sparkle twin 03-28-2011 02:25 AM

I pretty much listen to anything, except for death metal or justin beiber. I hate excessive swearing in songs.

I like country, but some days it gets on my nerves because half the songs are too slow or sappy.

The last few weeks I've really been listening to a ton of pop/rap/hiphop.

I like rock from today and classic/southern rock.

I also like big band music and jazz.

kakemono 03-28-2011 08:57 AM

I like rap.

I do not, however, like gangsta rap, club rap, radio rap, or cop-killa-druggy-thuggy rap. There is a lot of rap that is about social issues, life struggles, love, and pain (you know - like every other genre of music).

I also like electronic music. As a programmer/engineer, I need some music without lyrics that I can totally veg out and get into a deep focus. I tried classical, but I the heavy beats and upbeat tempos of electronic music fulfil my need better.

Other then those two, I like a lot of other stuff from different genres. The Velvet Ungergound, Rob Zombie, Trace Adkins, The Blow, Pantera... I can really appreciate anything original.

TMI 03-28-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 31949836)
I listen to stuff that I've never been able to really characterize. My favorite bands are things like Atreyu, Anberlin, Senses Fail, Muse, A Day to Remember, Keane, Saosin, There For Tomorrow, Framing Hanley, etc. But I'll listen to some other stuff. I don't like country and I don't really like rap.

When I was 18 and Atreyu was first starting to make enough of a name for themselves to latch on to countrywide, small venue tours I was in a metal band that played a show with them. Nice guys. I've never particularly liked their music, but they were definitely energetic...

cocacola 03-28-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 31927895)
Favorite artist=Eminem

im with you in this hommie. His music gets me pumped up for my hockey games

Classic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUwXJODauxs
Rip Nate Dogg

Adz 03-28-2011 12:57 PM

The cool thing about music is that it has its application in different areas. I may have no interest in listening to gospel music during a Preds game nor would I ever tune it in on the radio, but that doesn't keep me from loving a rousing rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah or the Jubilee Singers belting out Amazing Grace. I don't particularly like country, and yet my favorite song EVER is Amie by Pure Prairie League. Was it country or rock? No clue. Sounds like country to me. From Amie to The Moldau to Ziggy Stardust, I can find something in every genre that speaks to me, and other songs that make me put on my virtual earmuffs.

But for the most part, I like rock. I don't necessarily know who is doing the singing but if it has a good beat and I can dance to it, I like it. :-D

Drake744 03-28-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 31949836)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 31954835)
When I was 18 and Atreyu was first starting to make enough of a name for themselves to latch on to countrywide, small venue tours I was in a metal band that played a show with them. Nice guys. I've never particularly liked their music, but they were definitely energetic...

Nice that's cool yeah they seem like really nice guys from what I can gather. That's cool you got to play a show with them at one point.

I Will Son 03-28-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocacola (Post 31956651)

Classic...
Rip Nate Dogg

classic song of his, should of been a single. That song pumps me up as well as any other song out there.

BigFatCat999 03-29-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocacola (Post 31956651)

Classic...
Rip Nate Dogg

ANNNNNNNND I have my next Zunes purchase, Thanks!

Legionnaire11 03-29-2011 09:53 AM

Even though I listen mostly to Metal I do like Eminem, his stuff has variety and thought behind it. That's also why I like Coolio and Wycleff Jean. It's not the same songs over and over about drinking, drugs, fighting, guns, money, bling, pimpmobiles and ******.