HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Injury Report: What happend to Paarvi? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=895989)

Johnny Bravo 03-27-2011 08:58 AM

What happend to Paarvi?

http://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug

Grod 03-27-2011 09:08 AM

He changed his name.

BlowbyBlow 03-27-2011 09:12 AM

He was fine, he got his head hit, and by NHL new rules if you hit your head you have to be taken off the ice and examined for concussions!? He came back played the last 5 and overtime.

Psycho Dad 03-27-2011 09:14 AM

He got hit so hard that he lost a J, an A, and some umlauts.

Grod 03-27-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow (Post 31938168)
He was fine, he got his head hit, and by NHL new rules if you hit your head you have to be taken off the ice and examined for concussions!? He came back played the last 5 and overtime.

He was not hit in the head. He landed on his head. The hit was late but it was a finished check directed properly. Straight to the chest. He showed concussion-like symptoms so they used precaution by pulling him off the bench. I was told it was the refs decision but I believe the trainer diagnosed it. If it were Renney he would've put him in net.:sarcasm:

Arpeggio 03-27-2011 11:25 AM

I just don't understand how a guy can be that woozy coming off, and then ten minutes later decide he's alright. I mean he obviously suffered a concussion on that hit, right?

Arpeggio 03-27-2011 11:26 AM

Double Post. So two guys walk into a bar. The third one ducks.

ManByng 03-27-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpeggio (Post 31939417)
I just don't understand how a guy can be that woozy coming off, and then ten minutes later decide he's alright. I mean he obviously suffered a concussion on that hit, right?

not necessarily. but i suspect we might hear anytime now...."The Oilers have announced that Paajaarvi has a mild concussion and will miss the rest of the season".....just add him to the pile....there's still time left for Dubnyk, Omark, Gilbert and Eberle to get injured, then we can ice a complete AHL team! :shakehead

oilers92 03-27-2011 12:23 PM

hit late but it wasnt rly that that hurt him it was his head wacking the ice...probably gonna be gone for a few

Auguste Escoffier 03-27-2011 12:31 PM

At first I thought he might have had the wind knocked out of him.

If he was smart, and the doctors were responsible, I don't see why he would come back after the hit.

Paralyzer 03-27-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood (Post 31938073)

Chuck Norris kicked him in the head and two of his letters came off.

Dr_Gonz0 03-27-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK (Post 31940179)
At first I thought he might have had the wind knocked out of him.

If he was smart, and the doctors were responsible, I don't see why he would come back after the hit.

Well, if you saw the look on his face after he came back to the bench, i would say it was his determination to help his team win the game. Not that i want to see him risk his health if he actually was concussed, but i do love to see the walking wounded mentality that guys play through when they know their team needs them. The fact that he showed this in a meaningless game shows a high compete level and will only help his development going forward.

ales83fan 03-27-2011 01:48 PM

he seemed fine on after hours on CBC

Bryanbryoil 03-27-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ales83fan (Post 31941550)

I didn't see the impact of his head but sometimes if you tweak your neck you can get vertigo. Is there anywhere I can watch after hours online?

ManByng 03-27-2011 02:26 PM

i missed it too, anyone have a link?

ales83fan 03-27-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 31942120)
I didn't see the impact of his head but sometimes if you tweak your neck you can get vertigo. Is there anywhere I can watch after hours online?

check the CBC Sports website. Usually they put them up soon after the broadcast. Just on my way out, so I can't go get a link for you.

Johnny Bravo 03-27-2011 03:00 PM

Cbc's website is Brutal. THe video's won't load.

SDig14 03-27-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpeggio (Post 31939417)

Not necessarily. I have had this happen twice, the only 2 times I have thought I perhaps had a concussion, and both times I could barely stand up to get off the ice, falling 2 or 3 times on the way to bench.

Anyone who has been in a fight before, which I have not, or has been hit in the head pretty hard, knows that you can easily lose your legs and look out of it without having a concussion or any of the symptoms. For myself, both times I felt a little off, but it never lead to any headaches, dizziness, etc.

The way I look at it, when a boxer takes a punch to the head, he often stumbles and can't get up, but that could happen to a boxer 40-50 times in his career, do all of those end up being concussions? Seems unlikely, or else they wouldn't continue to do it. For sports like boxing and hockey the severe ones probably are all concussions and lead to symptoms, but I think the force of getting hit in the head or having your head hit the ice would be enough to leave a guy in a little bit of a daze.

I have seen basketball players fall and hit their head on the court, leave a little woozy, then be back and play the whole 2nd half.

Obviously, if Paajarvi failed the concussion test implemented by the new protocol, he never would have been allowed to come back and play in the last bit of the game and overtime.

Let's just hope there are no symptoms over the next few days, then I think we are in the clear.

nabob 03-27-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grod (Post 31938232)
He was not hit in the head. He landed on his head. The hit was late but it was a finished check directed properly. Straight to the chest. He showed concussion-like symptoms so they used precaution by pulling him off the bench. I was told it was the refs decision but I believe the trainer diagnosed it. If it were Renney he would've put him in net.:sarcasm:

It was later than the Chara hit. A late hit is not properly finished, that makes no sense.

How that wasnt called and Harty's nudge on JOkinien was blows my freaking mind.

joestevens29 03-28-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ales83fan (Post 31941550)

From what I gathered from the post game this was just the new concussion rule being used. Two doctors looked him over as he was slow to get up and according to them looked woosy.

Johnny Bravo 03-28-2011 09:02 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC's_Hockey_Night_in_Canada/After_Hours/1239649615/ID=1859151134

Philly85 03-28-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best Oil Ever (Post 31939584)
not necessarily. but i suspect we might hear anytime now...."The Oilers have announced that Paajaarvi has a mild concussion and will miss the rest of the season".....just add him to the pile....there's still time left for Dubnyk, Omark, Gilbert and Eberle to get injured, then we can ice a complete AHL team! :shakehead

If that actually happens... Ohhh Lordy.

Bryanbryoil 03-28-2011 11:57 AM

The link doesn't work for me.

cheesed-off* 03-28-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermassive (Post 31938187)
He got hit so hard that he lost a J, an A, and some umlauts.

He got kicked in the umlauts.

Loweded 03-28-2011 01:51 PM

PRV is fine, The doctors took him through the test and cleared him after the game + he even said on After Hours he feels fine.