HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Too much panic? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=896543)

Snipsnap12 03-28-2011 11:17 PM

Too much panic?

It seems to me that there are quite a number of people feeling like we are doomed in the playoffs due to the way we are playing right now. I hear the old "we were hot going into last years p/o's" but in reality we were 3-8-1 in the final 12 games, losing the same way we are now and we all know how they played........

TheLegendkiller 03-28-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 (Post 31967713)
It seems to me that there are quite a number of people feeling like we are doomed in the playoffs due to the way we are playing right now. I hear the old "we were hot going into last years p/o's" but in reality we were 3-8-1 in the final 12 games, losing the same way we are now and we all know how they played........

I've been saying that too. Its mad dumb but that's the way they've been playing the last 3 years. Not panic time.

Mgkibbles 03-28-2011 11:43 PM

I still think once the Playoffs get here, and the intensity gets cranked up, this team will be just fine.

Snipsnap12 03-29-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 31968340)
I still think once the Playoffs get here, and the intensity gets cranked up, this team will be just fine.

Yep.....isnt that what we have come to love about these flyers.....that never die spirit. Put these guys against a wall and watch them punch you in the mouth....just ask the bruins and their fans

flountown 03-29-2011 04:41 PM

I think too many people are giving to much thought to the vocal minority, realize that what you get here is a very small sample of the fan base, and that most aren't panicking.

I might be a little concerned with how they are playing now, but I too feel that come playoffs, they will step it up.

A Clerk 03-29-2011 05:03 PM

Last year I thought the same thing was gonna happen, that they were gonna really falter come playoff, but last year they barely got in.

KimiFerrari 03-29-2011 06:18 PM

It is ok to be concerned at criticize their play. They seem to be in cruise control, instead of trying to fix their problem areas.

I hope when the games count they decided to finally play a full 60min. I don't want to risk having players going into slumps instead at the worst possible time.

FlyersFanz 03-30-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 31968340)

I agree with you 100%. The Flyers are a totally different team come playoff time.
Flyers are being reported by the media as being the most dangerous team in the NHL right now because:
1. We have 3 lines that can score
2. 1 hot goalie(Bob), 1 playoff goalie(Boosh)
3. One of the best D squads in the league (when healthy)

I'm not worried about this team come playoff time. Just worried about Home ice.

DrinkFightFlyers 03-30-2011 09:49 AM

BUT THE FLYERS HAVE NO SHUTOUTS!

:sarcasm:

Juicy Couturier* 03-30-2011 10:14 AM

After last nights game I'm ready to hit the panic button on Jeff Carter who scored yet another goal in a blowout.

Giroux tha Damaja 03-30-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 31997895)
After last nights game I'm ready to hit the panic button on Jeff Carter who scored yet another goal in a blowout.

Nevermind the fact that the Flyers were down one goal when he scored it, he was padding his stats and he knew it.

Juicy Couturier* 03-30-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 31997963)
Nevermind the fact that the Flyers were down one goal when he scored it, he was padding his stats and he knew it.

Not only that but it was a PPG. I mean seriously, how hard is it to score on a man advantage? Let's see him score a couple even strength goals. In the third period. Down by a goal or tied. Unassisted.

Jester 03-30-2011 10:50 AM

He also has to stop standing in front of the net. We all know he doesn't play in the dirty areas of the ice, he's going to get a rep for being a hard nosed player if he keeps this **** up.

mirimon 03-30-2011 10:53 AM

And playing on unbroken feet as well, I mean where's the challenge?

To be a little more serious, I think part of the panicking thing comes from being a fan. We're either too excited or there's too much doom and gloom, that's just how it is. Some people just work really ****ing hard to live up to the negadelphia stereotype. Reading through the GDT's can be a riot sometimes when you have a bunch of guys calling it a season because the team is down 0-1 five minutes into the first period of game 26 of the regular season.

Juicy Couturier* 03-30-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 31998416)
He also has to stop standing in front of the net. We all know he doesn't play in the dirty areas of the ice, he's going to get a rep for being a hard nosed player if he keeps this **** up.

The only reason he stands in front of the net is because hes either too lazy or too scared to go into the corners. He just stands in front where he doesn't have to worry about any physical play.

CptCannon 03-30-2011 11:11 AM

I also hate it when Giroux (carrying the puck) and Richards go for 2-on-1 and Giroux passes it way too often to Richie who shoots it waaaay too often.

Cartsiephan* 03-30-2011 12:39 PM

The love around here is amazing. Do you guys all meet up and exchange Carter collectibles and stalk him in Sea Isle?

Four words for Mr Jeff Carter: SHOW ME THE CUP.

Beef Invictus 03-30-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 32000235)
The love around here is amazing. Do you guys all meet up and exchange Carter collectibles and stalk him in Sea Isle?

Yes, because it obviously ALL depends on Carter.

Jester 03-30-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Or it's just sarcasm making fun of you.

Juicy Couturier* 03-30-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Do you know his exact address? I've knocked on hundreds of doors already with no luck. Also, do you have any collectibles you don't want?

esuhock22 03-30-2011 04:57 PM

I'm not panicking about the playoffs, as this team has shown they have the ability to turn on the switch extremely quickly, but I was getting a little annoyed with how close they were letting things get. The Flyers finishing the season not playing their greatest hockey isn't that big of a deal. Them finishing 2nd or 4th would have me a little mad considering the lead they once had on every other team.

sa cyred 04-01-2011 09:25 PM

Still to early to hit the panic button? If Caps win they will be the new eastern conference leaders. Flying down those standings.

CavemanLawyer 04-01-2011 09:33 PM

Don't Panic

*Aw stupid thingy got rid of my all caps... It's gotta be all caps man. It's always written in all caps... Oh well, there goes my HHGTTG awesomeness*

1865 04-01-2011 09:47 PM

Don't panic? This is the perfect damn time to panic.

We've lost 12 out of the last 21 games. We've scored 3 or less goals in 15 of them. We've let a comfortable lead at the top of the conference slip and it will be eradicated entirely by this time tomorrow.

Despite all this, nobody seems to be that concerned. We hear the same crap about what they need to do but nobody is doing it. Our captain is anonymous, Briere hasn't been seen for weeks, our agitators aren't agitating and our defensemen aren't defending.

The play-offs are around the corner and we're not improving by one iota. This presumption that we'll instantly turn it around like last season is dangerous, it was an anomaly last year and it's no given thing that it will be repeated.

Momentum is king.

DrinkFightFlyers 04-01-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 32056083)
Don't panic? This is the perfect damn time to panic.

We've lost 12 out of the last 21 games. We've scored 3 or less goals in 15 of them. We've let a comfortable lead at the top of the conference slip and it will be eradicated entirely by this time tomorrow.

Despite all this, nobody seems to be that concerned. We hear the same crap about what they need to do but nobody is doing it. Our captain is anonymous, Briere hasn't been seen for weeks, our agitators aren't agitating and our defensemen aren't defending.

The play-offs are around the corner and we're not improving by one iota. This presumption that we'll instantly turn it around like last season is dangerous, it was an anomaly last year and it's no given thing that it will be repeated.

Momentum is king.

I agree. The last portion of the regular season is the biggest determining factor of what will happen in the playoffs. The Flyers were on an absolute tear at the end of last season and uesd that to get them into the playoffs and into the SCF.