HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Mtl @ Car 7pm Edt (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=896980)

HH 03-29-2011 11:27 PM

Mtl @ Car 7pm Edt
 
A win in regulation would bring us within one point of clinching.

Come on Habs, do it!

Dr Gonzo 03-29-2011 11:34 PM

I assume Auld is getting the start.

Hopefully we see another somewhat inspired effort. (That's aiming reasonably low, right? )

Dekar 03-29-2011 11:36 PM

I hope we get an empty net goal.

schumway2 03-29-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 31994412)
I assume Auld is getting the start.

Hopefully we see another somewhat inspired effort. (That's aiming reasonably low, right? )

Why would Auld get the start for such an important game? It's Price til the end.

KareyPrice 03-29-2011 11:40 PM

Ya I think price should get this one coming off a strong game vs ATL

Dr Gonzo 03-29-2011 11:42 PM

Back to back games, but you are right, I imagine JM will play him until we clinch. I still figure he'll get a rest in the next few games before the playoffs.

Nicko999 03-29-2011 11:45 PM

Most important game of the season. No excuse tommorow.

Fel 96 03-30-2011 12:00 AM

The Canes really wants to win the game so hopefully the Habs are ready for this huge game.

Crimson Skorpion 03-30-2011 12:41 AM

Big, important game tonight. Habs can pull even further away from Carolina and come that much closer to clinching a spot in the playoffs, to face the inevitable of facing the Bruins in the first round.

Go Habs Go!

MikeyPeenz 03-30-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dekar (Post 31994453)
I hope we get an empty net goal.

I see what you did there :laugh:

I really hope the boys are ready for this game, we need to come out flying burying goals as Carolina is on a mission. We are going to need a solid defensive effort in front of who I assume will be Auld, so lets play for 60 Minutes boys, lets grab these 2 points and seal the clinch.

Habs 4 Life 03-30-2011 07:36 AM

Big game tonight, let's see how much character the guys have for tonight. A win here and we are pretty much in

Go Habs Go

Tuggy 03-30-2011 07:38 AM

Carolina played last night, so I assume Cam Ward won't be playing tonight? :sarcasm:

People are crazy if they think Auld is going to play tonight. Price till they clinch.

King Woodballs 03-30-2011 07:44 AM

Win this game 1-0 or 10-9
it doesnt matter
just win it
in regulation of course!
Go Habs Go!

Habs 4 Life 03-30-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 31996963)
Win this game 1-0 or 10-9
it doesnt matter
just win it
in regulation of course!
Go Habs Go!


What about the Vezina?:sarcasm: No kidding tonight don't care how we get the 2 points, just get it done!

Bacchus1 03-30-2011 07:50 AM

This game is CRUCIAL! The leafs and the Canes are the only teams with a legitimate shot at bumping us out of the playoffs, and the Canes have one more game to play than the Buds, so if we give them another loss, we will be giving ourselves tons of breathing space. I hope the players rise to the occasion. If we lose this one, the final few games will have a lot of added importance.

Go HABS go!

Dwight 03-30-2011 07:54 AM

Win in regulation and we're 1 point away from clinching a playoffs spot

Tuggy 03-30-2011 07:54 AM

I don't think "legitimate shot" is right words when talking about the Leafs passing us in the standings. The only way that happens is if they win all their games left and we lose every game (in regulation). Miracle is a better way to put it.

NHLcrazy 03-30-2011 07:59 AM

Am I the only one who is absolutely not worried about the Canes or Leafs to overtake us?? I mean 7 points back with 5-6 games...

I'm more worried about the Lightning with a 4 point lead on the number 5 spot that I want us to finish or the Sabres and Rangers to pass us and ending up playing the Flyers...

Anyways, back to back, on the road, versus a team who must win, Erik Cole the ''Hab killer''... Not feeling it.

4-2 Canes

macavoy 03-30-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy (Post 31997082)
Am I the only one who is absolutely not worried about the Canes or Leafs to overtake us?? I mean 7 points back with 5-6 games...

I'm more worried about the Lightning with a 4 point lead on the number 5 spot that I want us to finish or the Sabres and Rangers to pass us and ending up playing the Flyers...

I think the Lightning are out of reach just like we are out of reach for Carolina.

But the Rangers are very likely to pass us at their current pace and our current pace. There's a good chance we end up facing Washington in the first round.

Right now I'd say the odds are something like this

48% Washington
45% Boston
7% Philly/Pittsburg

Krnage 03-30-2011 08:17 AM

lets keep the winning streak ..Go Habs GO

MintyFresh 03-30-2011 08:19 AM

Big game tonight, if we play like we did last night we should be fine. Go Habs Go!

Bourne Endeavor 03-30-2011 09:18 AM

Tonight is the night all Leaf fans became temporary Hab fans whether they like it or not. They need our help to keep their playoff hopes alive a few more nights.

So do we help them or screw them over? :laugh:

JohnLennon 03-30-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 31997160)
I think the Lightning are out of reach just like we are out of reach for Carolina.

But the Rangers are very likely to pass us at their current pace and our current pace. There's a good chance we end up facing Washington in the first round.

Right now I'd say the odds are something like this

48% Washington
45% Boston
7% Philly/Pittsburg

The Habs are currently in 6th place and if the playoffs start today, would be facing Boston. Why would that make the odds larger for facing Washington? I'd say right now, the odds are more like this:

55% Boston
25% Washington
10% Philadelphia
10% Pittsburgh

macavoy 03-30-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconator (Post 31998279)
The Habs are currently in 6th place and if the playoffs start today, would be facing Boston. Why would that make the odds larger for facing Washington? I'd say right now, the odds are more like this:

55% Boston
25% Washington
10% Philadelphia
10% Pittsburgh

The playoffs don't start today though. The Rags are 2 points behind us and have 1 game in hand, we are virtually tied with them. In addition, they are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, we are playing below .500.

The likelihood of them surpassing us are very high unfortunately. Lundqvist is playing some of his best hockey right now, they have a fairly easy schedule playing teams like the Isles and Thrashers.

99GoHabsGo99 03-30-2011 09:51 AM

GDT Is Now Up


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.