HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The official positivity threadô (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=897346)

MasterDecoy 03-31-2011 12:10 AM

The official positivity threadô

because stress causes heart attacks

post something positive about the team or the players

basically: DON'T BE A POO-POO HEAD

i'll start...

tonight, DD has blown my mind. little midget battling along the boards like he's 6'4 and he's sweet passer. this man, is a keeper.

subban... well even pierre started calling him subby-doo. this man will be a star.

Patches will be our next jonh leclair THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT! Also: he's wolverine.

Crimson Skorpion 03-31-2011 12:14 AM

The Montreal Canadiens are still holding onto a playoff spot.

HH 03-31-2011 12:17 AM

The Montreal Canadiens are still in 6th place in the East and hold the tie-breaker on all the teams chasing them.

MasterDecoy 03-31-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 32016297)
The Montreal Canadiens are still holding onto a playoff spot.

i guess that's positive...

coolasprICE 03-31-2011 12:19 AM

We have the hockey Gods on our side

Jee 03-31-2011 12:22 AM

HH 03-31-2011 12:25 AM

Just stay positive. I could see them winning 2 of the last 4 easily.

The Chicago game, we play at home and the boys will be ready.
The Ottawa game will be a virtual home game with more Habs fans than Sens fans.

For the other 2, I hope. GO HABS GO AND ALWAYS HAVE FAITH!

Patrice Brisebois 03-31-2011 12:28 AM

We have Andrei Kostitsyn.

Dekar 03-31-2011 12:40 AM

Carey, Subban, Patches, double-D showing he's on his way to becoming St. Louis 2.0, Gionta (even in a bad season, he's 4 goals away from 30), Kostitsyn starting to round into form as a solid 2nd/3rd line winger, White is a beast of a grinder, Markov and Gorges will likely stick around...

I'm optimistic for the immediate future. The foundation is there for a long-term contender, but gaps are still there to fill.

HH 03-31-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dekar (Post 32016546)
Carey, Subban, Patches, double-D showing he's on his way to becoming St. Louis 2.0, Gionta (even in a bad season, he's 4 goals away from 30), Kostitsyn starting to round into form as a solid 2nd/3rd line winger, White is a beast of a grinder, Markov and Gorges will likely stick around...

I'm optimistic for the immediate future. The foundation is there for a long-term contender, but gaps are still there to fill.

Agreed. If this team stays healthy next year, I could see them contend big time.

Nicko999 03-31-2011 12:51 AM

We have the biggest and strongest goalie physically going into the playoffs.

Anyone criticizing Andrei Kostitsyn? Best forward in the last month.

I thought DD was overrated because he was french... boy I was wrong.

If Pacioretty comes back for the playoffs, it will be a heck of a boost.

holyhabs87 03-31-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 32016563)
Agreed. If this team stays healthy next year, I could see them contend big time.

Same here.

We got some decisions to make on the back-end but just add Pacioretty and Markov to this lineup and we are much more balanced and not so offensively challenged.

I don't expect Cammy and Gomez to be as bad next year either. Eller and DD will improve. So will Price and PK. We do need player with size that can do the dirty work to play with Plekanec though. This to me is what can put us over the edge. Being able to have AK on a third line will create matchup problems for opposing 3rd pairing d's.

I like what the future holds for this team.

Crimson Skorpion 03-31-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 32016339)
i guess that's positive...

If you're a fan that wants his team to be in the playoffs, then of course it's positive. :laugh:

Habs Junkie 03-31-2011 01:22 AM

Big thumbs up to this thread!

I was just thinking the same thing. It was a tough winter and everyone in this city who worked through it is tired now and needs a break. I don't care who you are or what you do, Montreal is a great city but winter makes it very hard to function at your full potential on a consistent basis. I noticed this at work in the last month. People calling in sick, taking personal days, and because it's a little quieter these days, they offer early departure during work days and every single employee in my department requests it. We are drained out and you see it everywhere around you in this city.

All in all to say that these players are human too and need a word of encouragement as well. Us as fans can really help these guys by sending positive vibes and letting them know that we are behind them no matter what. People should calm down, take a step back and look at the sunny days approaching. Absorb all the positive energy you can and spread it around.
Go Habs Go!

Quarantesix 03-31-2011 02:24 AM

we have really good young players. Price,Pacioretty,Eller and Subban
we WILL make the playoff even with key injury
we are not that far away from having a great team

Tuggy 03-31-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 32016327)
The Montreal Canadiens are still in 6th place in the East and hold the tie-breaker on all the teams chasing them.

Which is very important to note because it essentially means Buffalo and New York, while only 2 points behind us, still need to win two more games than us to even pass us. So if the Habs only win one more game this season then the Sabres or Rangers would have to win three.

Plus Carolina and Buffalo play each other once more this season (Sunday in Carolina), so only one team can get two points there. And Ryan Miller is injured (sure Enroth got a shutout last night but he's no Ryan Miller).

Et le But 03-31-2011 08:10 AM

We got through some brutally bad hockey in December and ended up playing better after it ended.

Despite the shrieks of mismanagement, we have a very promising young core and a few veterans whose peak should last for quite a while, like Plekanec.

Price will be the best goalie in the league in a few years. He's already in the running.

We are going to make the playoffs despite missing two of our best defenders and a top 6 power forward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois (Post 32016447)
We have Andrei Kostitsyn.

:handclap:

ScopeHockey 03-31-2011 08:13 AM

We will have two Habs players on Team Canada in 2014 (Subban and Price).

We can build a championship franchise around those 2 with skilled guys like Plekanec (who still has 8-10 good years left), Eller and Pacioretty and leadership/character guys like Gorges and (hopefully) Tinordi.

ILUVTHISGAME 03-31-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hab junkie (Post 32016877)
Big thumbs up to this thread!

I was just thinking the same thing. It was a tough winter and everyone in this city who worked through it is tired now and needs a break. I don't care who you are or what you do, Montreal is a great city but winter makes it very hard to function at your full potential on a consistent basis. I noticed this at work in the last month. People calling in sick, taking personal days, and because it's a little quieter these days, they offer early departure during work days and every single employee in my department requests it. We are drained out and you see it everywhere around you in this city.

All in all to say that these players are human too and need a word of encouragement as well. Us as fans can really help these guys by sending positive vibes and letting them know that we are behind them no matter what. People should calm down, take a step back and look at the sunny days approaching. Absorb all the positive energy you can and spread it around.
Go Habs Go!

The Power of Positivity!
I truly believe in this team. They've faced adversity since game 1 of this season, and have managed to stay in the top 8 in the east.
They will make the play-offs and they will get past the 1st round!

Thank you for this thread!
GOHABSGO

InglewoodJack 03-31-2011 08:19 AM

Not really optimistic about this season, but next year, we have a huge chance of being a contender. If we can have a top four of Markov, Gorges, Wiz and Subban, keep Gill and find a suitable 6th (Spacek?), our D is amazing.

As for forwards, injuries to Cammalleri cost the team probably close to 20 goals if you take into account his huge slump after he came back. Also, I expect MaxPac to be back next year for a solid 45 points at least. Also, DD can put up amazing 3rd line numbers.

If Plek can have a good year, if Gomez can figure it out,and if AK can show a little swag and have a good 50-60 point season, a few additions (a scoring forward or a good shutdown dman) could mean we have a serious contender right here, really good time to be a Habs fan next year.

NBP81 03-31-2011 08:29 AM

All we have to do is win the first game of the first round. AT ALL COST! Then you'll see what this team is capable of.

saints96 03-31-2011 08:31 AM

Im positive that this 'lack of effort' we've been seeing is actually intentional. I mean, we have Sopel, Pleks, Cammy who are guaranteed playing injured and i can bet money others are playing with nagging injuries too. I honestly believe they are giving the maximum effort( which is not their 100%) but just enough to make it seem like they're really trying out there. I know what i wrote sounds really bad and unprofessional but the playoffs are near, we will make it, for those of you who are crying and are being crushed by a falling sky, get a hold of yourselves, we will make the playoffs. But i firmly believe that once the playoffs arrive, this team will come out flying and they will all be giving their 110% and will be effective. In conclusion, the way it seems to me, it looks like they are saving what they have for the playoffs. Then when we win the first round, and Patches comes back, watch out, we are going far in the playoffs, call me a homer, but i really believe this.

macavoy 03-31-2011 09:30 AM

You guys have 2 options.

(1) You can take soltace in the confines of this thread and blow sunshine up each other's ass and ignore the rest of the negativity on the forum

(2) You can take your message to the rest of the community and inflict in upon every thread. That doesn't mean you have to fight every negative nancy and try win them over. But just enjoy the team, enjoy the victories, enjoy the small wins. Also acknowledge the problems but more importantly, don't whine about them but offer your fellow posters potential solutions and also help them see the good things that we do have.

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions but at the start of this year, I decided I was going to make a change in my online posting habits. I was going to stop being so negative. For me, I've always enjoyed internet forums, but I've also been a big debate fan and for me, it was about debating with people, aka a mental joust.

But I decided that I need to stop battling myself and others in the process. It was time for me to take a different approach. It was time for me to still continue posting because I enjoy that, but it was time for me to post differently, to post in a way that would make a positive difference. I've changed my outlook on things.

Yea I still enjoy debating but I try to bring a positive message. I've learnt that you can win people over by being nice to them as opposed to arguing with them. The expression that its easier to bake with sugar than salt is true.

Positive reinforcement works so much better than punishments. So my point is this, don't sit and hide in this thread but make a commitment to yourself and others in this thread if you want, to be more positive all the time.

But being positive doesn't mean you are blind to reality. Recognize weaknesses but don't bash them, build upon them. If you don't know what your weaknesses are, you don't know what to improve.

neofury* 03-31-2011 09:45 AM

Our team has PK Subban /thread

Xia 03-31-2011 09:58 AM

This thread is perfect for me, seeing as how I'm going to the Chicago game on Tuesday!

The team was in a similiar place around this time last year, and they've only gotten better since then. They're going through a learning process. They'll make the playoffs, and then it's a whole new season! We have the best goalie in the league, and one of the best rookies in the league in Subban. Once the team regains their groove, they'll be playing like they did on the road trip at the start of March!

GO HABS GO!