HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   On the Radio: Jason Spezza on the Team 1200 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=899995)

Manny* 04-06-2011 02:25 PM

Jason Spezza on the Team 1200

He's supposed to be on in a minute. I'll post a recap afterwards for those who miss it.

senswon 04-06-2011 02:27 PM

Can we get a giggle count as well?
I hope he doesn't get too serious if he becomes captain.....I think it's hilarious when he laughs at his own jokes :-)

Hutz 04-06-2011 02:28 PM

Thanks for the tip! Tuning in now

Polakdave 04-06-2011 02:31 PM

Hasn't started? Team 1200 right?

Spex 04-06-2011 02:33 PM

Can't believe the TEAM 1200 landed a Sens player...and an active one at that!

I thought the Sens players and management only did Toronto radio?

I guess the TEAM 1200 has finally joined the big leagues after 10+ years of existence

iSteiney 04-06-2011 02:35 PM

Spezza almost giggled... :p

Manny* 04-06-2011 02:39 PM

- Benefitting from ice time, getting relied on.
- Really enjoys killing penalties. Something he's wanted to do for a long time.
- Feels healthy, he's struggled with injuries, but shoulder injury was a freak accident. Wants to play full season next year.
- He's focused on faceoffs. Tried to improve in that aspect.
- Guys having fun. Happy to be beating some of the best teams. Young guys are energetic.
- Colin Greening one of the biggest surprises. One of our best players lately. More of a scoring touch than the organization thought.
- Zack Smith, Bobby Butler and Erik Condra all have been good. They all bring something different.
- Surprised that Greening won the fastest skater. Didn't expect him to do well.
- Greening in incredible physical shape.
- Maybe not a natural goal scorer, but Greening can be a top-six guy. Can contribute when he's not scoring. High ceiling, late bloomer. Will get better.
- Playoff experience important for Binghamton guys. It'll build confidence for them.
- Spezza learned a lot from his time in Binghamton, losing in the playoffs.
- Biggest leadership role he's had with Ottawa. Talks a lot with coaching staff. Updates on how players are feeling. Feels he's matured. He's trying to earn respect and show he's a leader.
- Has a good chance at making the World Championship squad. Hopes for gold.
- Playing well in the World Championship would end the season on a high note.
- Some joking around at the end. Vintage Spezza.

Karlstrobe 04-06-2011 02:41 PM

Summary:

- Talked about feeling really healthy hopes to have a strong summer and a injury free season
- Has worked a lot on his faceoffs and defensive abilities/pk to be able to be on the ice more (shows alot)
- Praised Colin Greening, says hes strong, fast, and has a better scoring touch then management thought. Also says his shot is great and he is one of the guys who is in the best physical shape on the team and when he learns to use his strength he will be a good power forward.
- Likes Smith, Butler, Condra also, says the kids bring energy and something different to the table which the team has fed off of. Says Butler will be a better scorer next year if he continues to work hard.
- Talked about Bingo making the playoffs hopefully and that the rookies should use the experience to translate into confidence for next year.
- Said he probably will be at the World Championships, he hasnt had the call yet but has a good feeling he will be there and is excited. He wants the Gold.

Overall just a good guy and is fun to hear during his interviews. He sounds really excited about the WC's and wants to come to camp next summer in good shape.

Hutz 04-06-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny (Post 32158544)
- Benefitting from ice time, getting relied on.
- Really enjoys killing penalties. Something he's wanted to do for a long time.
- Feels healthy, he's struggled with injuries, but shoulder injury was a freak accident. Wants to play full season next year.
- He's focused on faceoffs. Tried to improve in that aspect.
- Guys having fun. Happy to be beating some of the best teams. Young guys are energetic.
- Colin Greening one of the biggest surprises. One of our best players lately. More of a scoring touch than the organization thought.
- Zack Smith, Bobby Butler and Erik Condra all have been good. They all bring something different.
- Surprised that Greening won the fastest skater. Didn't expect him to do well.
- Greening in incredible physical shape.
- Maybe not a natural goal scorer, but Greening can be a top-six guy. Can contribute when he's not scoring. High ceiling, late bloomer. Will get better.
- Playoff experience important for Binghamton guys. It'll build confidence for them.
- Spezza learned a lot from his time in Binghamton, losing in the playoffs.
- Biggest leadership role he's had with Ottawa. Talks a lot with coaching staff. Updates on how players are feeling. Feels he's matured. He's trying to earn respect and show he's a leader.
- Has a good chance at making the World Championship squad. Hopes for gold.
- Playing well in the World Championship would end the season on a high note.
- Some joking around at the end. Vintage Spezza.

This one came with a giggle, awesome

Liked what he was selling!

swiftwin 04-06-2011 02:42 PM

So I take it Spezza likes Greening?

JustinYS 04-06-2011 02:44 PM

Nice to hear that he believes Butler and Greening could be even better next year.

ReginKarlssonLehner 04-06-2011 03:07 PM

It seems he talked awfully a lot about Greening.

Does this indicate he like having him on his wing? Maybe more than Butler?

pt_mck 04-06-2011 03:07 PM

Didn't ask him about Clouston?

As a coach? Future?

PatrickEaves 04-06-2011 03:10 PM

Everyone loves Greening. The guy has turned like everyone's head since we've seen him play.

Powdered Toast Man 04-06-2011 03:10 PM

I would like to give a big Ottawa Senators welcome to our new head coach, Jason Spezza.

Yay.

Karlstrobe 04-06-2011 03:18 PM

Gary Galley is now on the radio and man I miss this guy in the booth. Hes been bang on with every comment he makes.

Sovereign 04-06-2011 03:52 PM

Damn, wish I coulda heard it.

Manny* 04-06-2011 04:00 PM

Yeah, he spoke pretty highly of Greening. It also sounds like it's a great time to be an Ottawa Senator. Despite the season they've had, it sounds like they're having a lot of fun.

WantEggRoll 04-06-2011 05:48 PM

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...95467&comments

There is the interview if anyone wanted to hear it.

Pancakes Pancakes 04-06-2011 05:58 PM

To summarize, Spezza has a man crush on Greening.

JustinYS 04-06-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes (Post 32162361)

He did say that Greening was the most athletic guy he's seen in the room. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Kellogs 04-06-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes (Post 32162361)

What I want to know is, will this man crush turn into a bromance.

Cujomi 04-06-2011 07:06 PM

If Spezza and Greening have a bromance it would be amazing.