HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Beards? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=900307)

facts 04-07-2011 09:47 AM

Beards?

What are we doing everyone? If so when do we start, and what are the specific, no trimming, ect. I really look forward to this tradition and find the posts rather funny. Who is in?

hof2120 04-07-2011 09:50 AM

I haven't completely shaved since we lost the cup Finals last June. I've been trimming it but I refuse to shave it. Once the last regular season game is over, no trimming at all for me. That's how I do it at least. My beard's pretty pathetic though :(

facts 04-07-2011 09:53 AM

thats unreal. I start once the regular season is over. Monday I start and leave it until the end.

hof2120 04-07-2011 10:13 AM

I didn't let it grow out a lot, I kept it pretty short. I just couldn't bring myself to completely shave after the 2 months of growing it out for last year's playoffs lol.

infidelappel* 04-07-2011 10:17 AM

Last year I just kept it organized, but let it grow bushy. Then shaved when we got eliminated and looked like a 12 year old by comparison.

I start when the first playoff game begins. I won't trim it 'till it's all over.

facts 04-07-2011 10:17 AM

I grow out very fast, orange with a hint of grey, so I get the gears around the office.

Terence Peterman 04-07-2011 03:01 PM

I follow "trim as necessary"...family obligations, work, wife/girlfriend. It's fun, but I don't think it's entirely rational to let it get in the way of other, more salient things in your life.

I haven't shaved mine clean off since last year, either. I was too heartbroken.

buff 04-07-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 32178853)

I start when the first playoff game begins. I won't trim it 'till it's all over.

Same here! ;-)

i am dave 04-07-2011 03:21 PM

The only thing I hate more than shaving is facial hair.

ShawnTHW 04-07-2011 03:31 PM

Last year I shaved before every single game. Call it a reverse of what I was supposed to do, but hell, we got to the Cup Finals.

This year though, I am not shaving until we are out of hte playoffs. I will shave the day before or the day we start our first playoff game, but after that, its no touching the beard.

dingbathero 04-07-2011 03:33 PM

I have a bread now - I will shave on April 13th.... then TRY NOT to shave at all until we are eliminated... I may have to tho b/c of work... Ghay.

might2mash 04-07-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hof2120 (Post 32178489)
I haven't completely shaved since we lost the cup Finals last June. I've been trimming it but I refuse to shave it. Once the last regular season game is over, no trimming at all for me. That's how I do it at least. My beard's pretty pathetic though :(

I shaved my beard off the moment Leighton let that goal in, but since then I've just been trimming it regularly. I think I'll stop trimming once the playoffs start and keep it going as long as we're in it.

Snipsnap12 04-07-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 32185813)
I have a bread now - I will shave on April 13th.... then TRY NOT to shave at all until we are eliminated... I may have to tho b/c of work... Ghay.

Effin work eh? Last year I just grew out the stache.... quite a nice duster... I want to go all out beard this year, just don't know if work will allow it

BWAVgal 04-07-2011 04:48 PM

With the way the team is playing, you may not be growing those beards long.

Terence Peterman 04-07-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWAVgal (Post 32187512)
With the way the team is playing, you may not be growing those beards long.

100% unncessary.

DeadPhish5858 04-07-2011 04:52 PM

I have a goatee but I will let the beard grow out starting Sunday. I'll shave one more time after the Islanders game.

DrinkFightFlyers 04-07-2011 05:04 PM

I have had a beard since 2007 so I don't really count as a playoff beard, but I won't be shaving!

Cleary84 04-07-2011 05:11 PM

I regularly have a beard which I trim almost weekly (about a 3 clip for those interested). I'll be trimming it tomorrow night but not touching it until the playoff run ends. I had to attend a funeral last year during the Devs' series and just neatened it up and shaved the neck beard...we won that series. Definitely not letting the neck beard go too out of control this year though, it itches and is hella unattractive.

GirouxCouturier 04-07-2011 06:01 PM

Im 14.... so i guess i just won shave...? :laugh:

Terence Peterman 04-07-2011 06:22 PM

My beard doesn't get terribly itchy, it's kind of awesome.

PhillyCurt12 04-07-2011 09:31 PM

my neck gets horrendous. i usually trim up the neard after a series is over or sometimes after a bad loss to bring in better luck.

i also may have created the first ever "rally trident" when the flyers lost the 3rd game of the boston series:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...9_419362_n.jpg

JagerPuck 04-07-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 (Post 32195271)
my neck gets horrendous. i usually trim up the neard after a series is over or sometimes after a bad loss to bring in better luck.

i also may have created the first ever "rally trident" when the flyers lost the 3rd game of the boston series:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...9_419362_n.jpg

Clutch Rally Trident brosef!
I usually keep a beard, im clean shaven now, trying to get rid of the bad vibes in anticipation of the playoffs. Ill let it ride..

Sawdalite 04-07-2011 11:24 PM

Last season I started a little before the Regular Season ended and then shaved when they where don 0-3 vs Boston... I had some commitment which I totally can't recall at this moment, and honestly though it was curtains for them... I restarted growing it when they stared their comeback and didn't shave, only trimming the bottom of the stache, through the Game Six elimination... when as soon as I got home from the game I shaved all but he mustache. I've trimmed that down a bit but kept it ever since... I trimmed it down a bit from the nose and thin it out and even the bottom straight and off he lip.

This year I intend to not shave beginning after a co-ed baby shower that I am attending at a restaurant -- stuck having to attend... and no Flyers game to use as an excuse this Sunday -- I will grow it out until either elimination when I shave i directly after the game... OR... until after the Cup Parade down Broad Street... At that time I will eliminate the mustache and go clean shaven until the next Postseasons; I'm tired of trimming the mustache since I am too anal about keeping it perfect and it takes up too much work... and too much time before going out.

... Here hoping for a long summer beard through mid-June :yo:

ChumpyG 04-08-2011 03:33 AM

My beard is already pretty long because of the boneheaded idea I had to start a shutout beard. Don't know if I'll trim it when playoffs start seeing how it's already kinda doubling as my Winetrhawks playoff beard.

Oy.

I'm still confident in my prediction of the first shutout coming in game #82 (i.e. Saturday). :nod:

philly_28 04-08-2011 03:57 AM

I always shave my face clean on the last day of the regular season. Then no shaving, trimming or whatever until the Flyers are eliminated.

Last year though, I trimmed my full-beard to a goatee after game 3 of the Boston series because the previous beard obviously wasn't working otherwise the Flyers clearly wouldn't have been down 3-0.

Oh, also shaved my head during the finals. Did go well with the full-beard I was rocking again once we played Chicago. Was lucky I didn't get arrested I suppose.