HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Speculation: Voracek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=900445)

KlattNazty 04-07-2011 03:16 PM

Voracek

Twice in the last month I believe, a writer at THN has speculated that Voracek and possibly Brassard could be moved this summer. Is there any truth to the availability of either of these two?

Also whats up with Voracek's season, seems a bit underwhelming.

Thanks from a leafs fan!

Doug19 04-07-2011 03:26 PM

Hard to say, I think yes they are available, but only for the right upgrade on defense and center.

mt-svk 04-07-2011 03:29 PM

IMO all depends on Johansen. if he will play excelent in the camp he will play in NHL. And Voráček stay here. If not it is possibility his trade. I hope not.

KlattNazty 04-07-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 32185652)
Hard to say, I think yes they are available, but only for the right upgrade on defense and center.

I assumed, as most players are in this position. I doubt we have enough to interest CBJ in a trade unforunately. I was thinking if we failed to get a centre, perhaps we could shift kessel to centre and run a Lupul - Kessel - Voracek line.

Ah well. Thanks.

Kev22 04-07-2011 03:30 PM

Frankly I think there are only three names that safe to stay: Nash, Umberger and Johansen. Everyone else could be had for the right deal. I think that the ownership group finally knows that the fans have had enough and they'll be playing before 7000 fans a night if the roster doesn't show significant turnover. Scott the Patient might have to grin and bear it this summer and do something he doesn't like to...TAKE A RISK.

Comely 04-07-2011 03:31 PM

As a Sens fan I would love Brassard as our second line centre. I would offer NSH 1st and Wiercoich for him maybe even add a second. I really doubt it will happen though as you guys would prefer a more NHL ready puck mover. Wiercoich can play in the NHL right now (Has 2 assists +0 in 8 games this year) but at 6'4" and 185 lbs he needs to put some meat on his bones.

On a side not I also thought that Kuba for Huseillius (sp?) would be an interesting trade.

Hipster Letestu 04-07-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamshot (Post 32185732)
I assumed, as most players are in this position. I doubt we have enough to interest CBJ in a trade unforunately. I was thinking if we failed to get a centre, perhaps we could shift kessel to centre and run a Lupul - Kessel - Voracek line.

Ah well. Thanks.

I think Jake and Kessel would be a really nice complement to each other. Now send Schenn our way and you can take Voracek and our 2nd? :nod:

KlattNazty 04-07-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astall35 (Post 32185819)
I think Jake and Kessel would be a really nice complement to each other. Now send Schenn our way and you can take Voracek and our 2nd? :nod:

Only if you want to add Johansen :naughty:

And possibly throw in Filatov and well toss you a 3rd.

haha

CBJBrassard16 04-07-2011 03:50 PM

Yes to both

KlattNazty 04-07-2011 03:56 PM

What if Toronto said Phi 1st + a b level prospect? I take it you guys want roster players not picks, or will this be a true rebuild?

CBJBrassard16 04-07-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamshot (Post 32186394)
What if Toronto said Phi 1st + a b level prospect? I take it you guys want roster players not picks, or will this be a true rebuild?

Late first does nothing to us in a weak draft. If your asking for Jake we need a good puck mover/shutdown defenseman in the making. For Brassard we would need an upgrade at C over him (we would have to add to both trades.)

Toronto and Columbus just don't make good trading partners unless Schenn is coming this way. But if your asking for Johansen then that won't work either.

KlattNazty 04-07-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 32186474)
Late first does nothing to us in a weak draft. If your asking for Jake we need a good puck mover/shutdown defenseman in the making. For Brassard we would need an upgrade at C over him (we would have to add to both trades.)

Toronto and Columbus just don't make good trading partners unless Schenn is coming this way. But if your asking for Johansen then that won't work either.

No not johansen.

First still has value in my eyes. What if I was to say Keith Aulie / Carl Gunnarsson plus the first. If we need to add another pick or b level prospect it might be feasible.

Gagnefan924 04-07-2011 04:11 PM

Honestly why do leafs fans think they have things that are of any value that they would trade? They wouldnt trade Schenn just like we would trade Jake unless Schenn is on his way here...enough already.

Doug19 04-07-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astall35 (Post 32185819)

Hmm, a young dynamic winger with top line potential for a defensive defender. Yep those are the types of moves good franchises make...I continue to say that there isn't a thing on the leafs roster I'd want in a trade for Voracek.

Timeless Winter 04-07-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 32187275)
Hmm, a young dynamic winger with top line potential for a defensive defender. Yep those are the types of moves good franchises make...I continue to say that

Gee, you sure are spinning that one nicely, you can easily say it's a 2nd line enigmatic winger for a top pairing shutdown defenseman too. Isn't that fun?

Quote:

there isn't a thing on the leafs roster I'd want in a trade for Voracek.
Oh I could think of several players I'd trade for Jake. Starting with Phaneuf, then Schenn, Kadri, Kessel, Grabovski, Bozak, alright I'll stop at 6 guys, but honestly, why be such a homer when our team blows worse than Toronto does?

Gagnefan924 04-07-2011 04:54 PM

Our team will be in the playoffs next year...book it. We have the depth (sorta) now we need the consistency. I'm very excited for next year. Savard and Moore up here and add a future stud in whoever we draft along with Johan...we'll be alot better than Toronto next year, and Voracek belongs in those plans....lets bash them after they suck when games count towards being an legit playoff contender...ppl are making him out alot worse than he actually is.

JF Omalycat 04-07-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 32187644)
Our team will be in the playoffs next year...book it. We have the depth (sorta) now we need the consistency. I'm very excited for next year. Savard and Moore up here and add a future stud in whoever we draft along with Johan...we'll be alot better than Toronto next year, and Voracek belongs in those plans....lets bash them after they suck when games count towards being an legit playoff contender...ppl are making him out alot worse than he actually is.

That's a mighty bold statement.

gojackets1 04-07-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 32187644)

Lol you set your post up for a bump around April next year.

Moore isn't quuuiiite ready yet IMO.

Dr. Fire 04-07-2011 06:07 PM

I still think Jake has plenty of upside.

His issue right now is no different than a lot of guys at his age, consistency. We upgrade our #1 line, and get Jake on the second line, where he belongs, I think that he does much better. Too much pressure on a guy his age on the first line, but he had to play there out of necessity.

Is he untouchable? No, but I say Howson better make sure we get a sure fire upgrade should he decide to deal him.

Crede777 04-07-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 32187438)
Oh I could think of several players I'd trade for Jake. Starting with Phaneuf, then Schenn, Kadri, Kessel, Grabovski, Bozak, alright I'll stop at 6 guys, but honestly, why be such a homer when our team blows worse than Toronto does?

That is a fairly dumb post. The leafs are worse than we are despite what the standings may indicate.

Also bozak? Seriously? You must not have watched him this year...

TaketheCannoli 04-07-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comely (Post 32185770)
As a Sens fan I would love Brassard as our second line centre. I would offer NSH 1st and Wiercoich for him maybe even add a second. I really doubt it will happen though as you guys would prefer a more NHL ready puck mover. Wiercoich can play in the NHL right now (Has 2 assists +0 in 8 games this year) but at 6'4" and 185 lbs he needs to put some meat on his bones.

On a side not I also thought that Kuba for Huseillius (sp?) would be an interesting trade.

Neither are close. Brassard is a 22 year old proven 50 point center with significant upside. He'll likely become a 70-80 point guy within the next year or two. The Jackets may trade him, but not for a prospect and a late 1st.

It will take a young first pairing defenseman.

Robert 04-07-2011 06:48 PM

In addition to using posters here to assess Voracek outside opinions may help, here's one, I know it's based on fantasy but a fair assessment imo:

Quote:

We were warned of this in Jakub Voracek’s draft year: high-end, game-breaking talent, but head-shaking inconsistency. And three years into his NHL career, we’re seeing it first hand.

The thinking is, in both the fantasy world and reality, most 18-year-olds struggle to remain consistent and as they mature and gain experience things start to iron out. There are, of course, exceptions - look at Kristian Huselius or Andrei Kostitsyn - but for the most part, the youngsters will eventually play a steady game and become quality NHL players.

Poolies are getting frustrated with Voracek, however. The Columbus right winger has been pointless in his past 10 games and it is now looking as though he will follow up his 50-point sophomore season by, well, not getting 50 points.

Keeper-league owners, this is your time to strike. Voracek’s owner has sat on him for nearly four years now (he was drafted seventh overall in 2007) and all there is to show for it is a 50-point season. But Voracek is still just 21 years old and next season will be his fourth in the NHL - and we all know how much I favor that magical fourth season. I think we’ll see him in that 60- to 65-point range in 2011-12, eventually peaking in the mid-70s. If you can acquire him for a draft pick, then I suggest you roll the dice.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20110407

Howson will resign him but at the minimum cost.

jacks johnson 04-07-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 32189921)
In addition to using posters here to assess Voracek outside opinions may help, here's one, I know it's based on fantasy but a fair assessment imo:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20110407

Howson will resign him but at the minimum cost.

Jakes a goner. I was listening to Reed last night on fire the cannon, and they were talking about Jake, Reed really felt that Arniel has been taking notes late in the season when our slide occured, as to who is continuing to battle, and who has given up on the season. Jake is pointless in his last 12 games:help:. They mentioned how last season he would stay after practice to work on his shot with Agnew, but this year he is nowhere to be found after practice. Both Eric Smith, and Reed, agreed that Brassard had taken a step forward this season, and the staff is still pretty optimistic on Brassard, and his work ethic. Reed said to remember that to really shake up the roster this summer, we will have to give up a high value asset, to fix an area of need. I still wish we would have moved Jake for Googloski.

Matthew 04-07-2011 07:42 PM

Brassard has had a "rink rat" reputation since he came to the organization.

Not sure about Jake's rep when it comes to that, though.

Ludicrous Speed 04-07-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 32187438)
Gee, you sure are spinning that one nicely, you can easily say it's a 2nd line enigmatic winger for a top pairing shutdown defenseman too. Isn't that fun?

Ew. Not a chance I would trade Jake for the bold. I just plain hate Nazem Kadri, ****in punk. And, he's a case of a player who has the tools, but no tool box. Not a fan.

And Bozak for Jake would be straight up highway robbery for Toronto.

I'd trade Jake for Kulemin though.